Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05viiiTB
And I put the video of the cobra on youtube and the videos of myself and Himler should be coming... even though they make me look like a retard who can't drive at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVgSOtJ72g
Well after a great weekend of taking pictures of a friend's wedding I am back at home. I also had some time to practice the launch and I think I discovered my major problem. My 2-step is set at 5500 which is just WAY too low to get any boost off the line. Even when I really really slipped it I still fall flat on my face with no boost because of the lag from the 35r. One of my buddies has a cable and I have evoscan so we should be able to fix this and get in the boost range off the line. I think that with my setup around 6400 sounds right, anyone who has had some experience with this in the past feel free to lend some thoughts.
Statler the video of us in my signature.

6400 sounds right but regardless of that launch you should still be trapping higher and should have caught up. There is a lot of criticism you can take into mind here. Sorry I was a little pumped up that was right after.....

When are we going from a roll?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
I have a can with extra bolts and surely I have those. I never want to risk having the car not put together right because I strip some nut so I tend to buy extra first.

if you could root through your can-o-bolts and find me one, i would appreciate it.

just as long as you don't need any of them to put anything back together. i have a habit of taking things apart, then ending up with an extra bolt here, or washer there, so i just toss them all in to a mason jar, hoping to some day find the place they came from.

let me know if you can find em, or i will stop by sometime soon and help you search. since it is missing that one it rattles a bit sometimes and drives me nuts.

in case you guys couldn't guess, i am on a rattle stopping kick lately.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Keeping the evo sunny side up!
friend of mine was at pikes peak this past weekend and this evo owner took a tumble right in front of him.

By pdlturbo, shot with Canon PowerShot SD550 at 2008-07-21

I can't believe pikes peak will not be doing races amymore. Some isht about it erroding away
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

eroding away? it's a freaking mountain. how much could it possibly be eroding?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
Thanks Brian.

As for tint...The law is sooooo vague - they basically leave it up to the officer to determine if they can see into your car. There really is nothing that says "x %" is permitted on the front windows. Rear - just about anything flies but the front if you have just about anything on and the cop wants to pull you over, he will - just that simple. Nothing is really safe so you just take your chances and keep your finger on the power window buttons Oh, and Monroeville cops LOVE to pull people over for tint
i always thought the law in pa was 75% tint, but i could be wrong. im sure u tint ppl know
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

I raced Bryce today (EVO IX)...said to have 400whp with cams, etc on the stock turbo.......here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSh1Mv8ipHQ
Old Jul 22, 2008, 02:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
i always thought the law in pa was 75% tint, but i could be wrong. im sure u tint ppl know
http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/legal.html
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVORaab
I raced Bryce today (EVO IX)...said to have 400whp with cams, etc on the stock turbo.......here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSh1Mv8ipHQ
That white car gets faster and faster all the time.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

for anyone who is planning on attending the cart track event on august 10th.

THIS EVENT IS PRE PAY ONLY!!!!

pay online with myautoevents.com, or you don't get to run.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah i have been ticketed in my old car for tint. I had a bluish tint that allowed 50% transmission of light( The cop measured it with a machine. On top of that he fined me for each of the windows seperately it ended up being like $475 in fines all together. When i went to the hearing They pulled the crap about the 70% of light has to pass through. I used the same argument about it not saying anywhere what percentage it has to be , but they argued that you arent allowed to have any unless it comes from the factory with it.

i guess its another one of those thing that its just a matter of if they feel like screwing with you....
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
for anyone who is planning on attending the cart track event on august 10th.

THIS EVENT IS PRE PAY ONLY!!!!

pay online with myautoevents.com, or you don't get to run.
time to dust off that old pay pal acct
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:31 AM

Statler the video of us in my signature.

6400 sounds right but regardless of that launch you should still be trapping higher and should have caught up. There is a lot of criticism you can take into mind here. Sorry I was a little pumped up that was right after.....

When are we going from a roll?
I did almost catch you. You were like 7 or 8 car length ahead on the 60' and I narrowed the gap to like 2 or 3.

Raab you're an *******... That whole thread was aimed only at making me look like an idiot. There was a reason for the terrible launch which was out of my control. At first I totally put the whole responsibility for the launch on myself... until I found the problem. It is soon to be fixed... then we will see what happens. Racing from a roll your car doesn't stand any type of chance... ask Garcia about that.

How about I make a thread about prep ******* rich kids who suck their dad's dick to buy him a car, then another car, then another, then another. If you want to make fun of me do it to my face, like a man... or is that something you are going to learn in your next year of high school...

Last edited by 05viiiTB; Jul 22, 2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Arrow

I did almost catch you. You were like 7 or 8 car length ahead on the 60' and I narrowed the gap to like 2 or 3.

Raab you're an *******... That whole thread was aimed only at making me look like an idiot. There was a reason for the terrible launch which was out of my control. At first I totally put the whole responsibility for the launch on myself... until I found the problem. It is soon to be fixed... then we will see what happens. Racing from a roll your car doesn't stand any type of chance... ask Garcia about that.

How about I make a thread about prep ******* rich kids who suck their dad's dick to buy him a car, then another car, then another, then another. If you want to make fun of me do it to my face, like a man... or is that something you are going to learn in your next year of high school...
Here we go again with the thread drama towards me. Classy Dan.

And about asking Garcia about the roll. I would hope you beat a stock car!! (Ask him how he did against a MazdaSpeed 3, 350z, M3, etc). That should explain something Mr. Big 35R. (Jeff I'm not ragging on you man, just trying to prove a point here.) So Dan I wouldn't be bragging about raping a bone stock IX MR when you have a $5,000 build under your hood. That's a given!

Since when is 2-3 car lengths in the 1/4 mile an entire second when you're going 110mph?

Don't rag on my Dad or I either. Getting new cars is what we do. Car dealer: buying cars, selling them, and getting new ones. It's a cycle. What more is there to it? He doesn't buy them for ME. We buy them for the company, drive them if we like them, and then when we get sick of one of them, we sell it or pick out something new. If your Dad had a car dealership I'm sure you wouldn't do this huh?

Must be nice when your Daddy hands you an entire business.

Let's go from a roll and if I beat you again you have to take off that pin stripe. Deal?

And if you want to argue or say something do it in a PM, not on a public forum making yourself look like an ***. Being 21 and married I thought you would be much more mature than this.

Please just leave me alone. Thanks.

Last edited by EVORaab; Jul 22, 2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So...how 'bout them bucs!?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:23 AM

Here we go again with the thread drama towards me. Classy Dan.

And about asking Garcia about the roll. I would hope you beat a stock car!! (Ask him how he did against a MazdaSpeed 3, 350z, M3, etc). That should explain something Mr. Big 35R. (Jeff I'm not ragging on you man, just trying to prove a point here.) So Dan I wouldn't be bragging about raping a bone stock IX MR when you have a $5,000 build under your hood. That's a given!

Since when is 2-3 car lengths in the 1/4 mile an entire second when you're going 110mph?

Don't rag on my Dad or I either. Getting new cars is what we do. Car dealer: buying cars, selling them, and getting new ones. It's a cycle. What more is there to it? He doesn't buy them for ME. We buy them for the company, drive them if we like them, and then when we get sick of one of them, we sell it or pick out something new. If your Dad had a car dealership I'm sure you wouldn't do this huh?

Must be nice when your Daddy hands you an entire business.

Let's go from a roll and if I beat you again you have to take off that pin stripe. Deal?

And if you want to argue or say something do it in a PM, not on a public forum making yourself look like an ***. Being 21 and married I thought you would be much more mature than this.

Please just leave me alone. Thanks.
LOL

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet