Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garcia10
damn man....i was trying to sell my brand new ams fmic a few weeks ago.....after alot of bullshat i just decided to keep it and put it on....i could have given u a killer deal on a brand new ams fmic that wasnt even taken out of the box.... but from my experience after bolting it up has been great....its well designed, craftsmanship is amazing...even though its expensive...its worth it.....i didnt notice any boost lag or pressure drop either...its very well designed...im sure other people who have other fmic's can argue their opinion too....this is just my 2 cents....
I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw his original post. This seems to be the norm for the local selling scene.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 02:36 PM

ooo evoian..about the trimming....my undertray is trimmed a small amount....its probably about 2 inches deep x length of the intercooler....i recommend heating up the undetray plastic with a hair dryer, lighter....etc....i used some tinsnips because i didnt have a dremel...also.....you cannot use the same bolts that mount the back of the stock fmic with the ams...the huge washer wont allow it to fit the bolt in....once you take off ur bumper and crash beam.....switch the two bolts that mount the stock fmic with ones from the crash beam....these do not have a huge washer and will fit.....other than that...fitment was great.....i love mine and glad i kept it...

Last edited by garcia10; Jul 23, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by garcia10
ooo evoian..about the trimming....my undertray is trimmed a small amount....its probably about 2 inches deep x length of the intercooler....i recommend heating up the undetray plastic with a hair dryer, lighter....etc....i used some tinsnips because i didnt have a dremel...also.....you cannot use the same bolts that mount the back of the stock fmic with the ams...the huge washer wont allow it to fit the bolt in....once you take off ur bumper and crash beam.....switch the two bolts that mount the stock fmic with ones from the crash beam....these do not have a huge washer and will fit.....other than that...fitment was great.....i love mine and glad i kept it...
Thanks for the info on the install! I went ahead and ordered the AMS since I need to have it in hand for my appointment. Hopefully, I can get the bodyshop to do the trimming for me. After talking to one of the employees who was an import guy, I dont think it will be a problem. Whats funny though is that they're gonna replace the $130 undertray and I'll be askin to cut it first thing... haha.

Last edited by EvoIan; Jul 23, 2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 02:57 PM

Garcia10... you have the Silver MR right? I think we met at the Mall last week?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
I hate to sound like a super gay roll racing advocate. But doing rolls and with all things being close to the same such as turbo's, fuel used (boost levels) , and weight of the cars being close to each other.

You will get a clear picture as to who's car has more power and will trap higher in the 1/4 mile or more haha

As fun as digs are , it again makes it a driver skillzzz race (Travis) haha. Roll race takes out the driver mod and puts it strictly on HP and Rpm whoever can do the most of each will be winner

Just my opinion coming from a long time street / roll racer

Not to mention you're less likey to leave parts behind when starting from a roll.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Sorry to jump off topic and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this but I am in a bit of a quandary and was hoping to find out what some of the locals have done. The story starts last Friday night when I was heading home from PRP down 22. The car in front of me hit a deer and left me no choice but to straddle it. As it turns out the deer was more 6-7 inches thick or whatever the stock ride height is. Minor damage to the front lip, undertray, tie bars, and most importantly the stock intercooler. Since the insurance is covering it, I have $825, or a little more if needed, to spend but the only catch is that I need to find one that fits and plumbs without cutting. Reason being, I don't know how competent the bodyshop is and they insisted on having a direct replacement. I would appreciate it if someone could push me in the right direction as for which one will give me the best bang for the buck with little modifications. I am thinking the Perrin might be a good choice but I am open for any brand.

Thanks
AMS fits perfectly with only slight modification to the under tray
Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

But the only problem with the dig runs will be EXCUSES!!!
i will personally viciously skull f*ck anyone that makes excuses.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
i will personally viciously skull f*ck anyone that makes excuses.
Hmmmmm a good ole fashion skull f*cking.

I prefer just chillin gettin dome. The last bi tch that I got agressive and skull f*cked didnt turn out too good for her. That whole Ghetto Gagging is cool in concept but I can definitly take it too far
Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

hey, to each their own!
Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:41 PM
Account Disabled

I hate to sound like a super gay roll racing advocate. But doing rolls and with all things being close to the same such as turbo's, fuel used (boost levels) , and weight of the cars being close to each other.

NRRA (National Roll Racing Association).

Personally I like roll racing.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l

NRRA FO LIFE B ITCHES !!!!!!
Old Jul 23, 2008, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Garcia10... you have the Silver MR right? I think we met at the Mall last week?
hey ian,

yea i was with rob when we met up last week....if you got any questions about the install of the fmic let me know.....i recommend also using hairspray for the couplers....makes it slick enough to slide in and then gets sticky for extra strength, especially if your running higher boost...
Old Jul 23, 2008, 05:17 PM

Hmmmmm a good ole fashion skull f*cking.

I prefer just chillin gettin dome. The last bi tch that I got agressive and skull f*cked didnt turn out too good for her. That whole Ghetto Gagging is cool in concept but I can definitly take it too far
wow...i think your my hero after reading that one.... ahahaahaha
Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l

Old Jul 23, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
and bushings sorry trav
Wow Brian I laughed out loud on that one!!! hahahahaha

and yes Ian....I was with Jeff. I've seen you around quite a bit...white VIII....

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet