Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Engine, with filter..........5.6 quarts
Manual Transmission, 6 SPD - W6MAA..........5.9 pints
Differential, Rear..........1.2 pints
Transfer Case,..........1.3 pints
Originally Posted by dennyt4
Transmission fluid –

Diaqueen Super Multi-Gear Oil 75W-85 (Part # - MZ313376)

Transfer Case and Rear Differential fluid –

Diaqueen LSD Gear Oil (Part # - MZ3775610)

No other in these parts
and that's why i love you guys! thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
It makes sense. Quite frankly I'm glad they disallow street racing. I'm not against it, but imagine if they did allow it. Everyday there would be a new thread with a video of people racing. And then everyone's gonna want to make their own video and then something's gonna happen. I guess I'm trying to be the adult here . One week from Wednesday and I'll be the big 26! But seriously, if there's no danger and the road is open, I saw go for it. But some guys are just way too dumb about racing on public roads through traffic, in residential areas, etc...
I don't believe its speed that kills; its speed + stupidity that kills. If you race on a packed highway, you are being stupid. If you are racing on a deserted highway, you are taking not much more of a chance than you would if you were at a track. I don't find it difficult to keep a car going in a straight line and I don't oppose it.

Oh, and to answer your question, this site would become streetfire.net.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
hey guys, i am lazy and suck at searching, so i have a question...

i want to change every fluid in the car before i hit the cart track in two weeks time, what all do i need for the MR?

obviously 5.4qt of SAE full synth for the motor, but what about brakes, tcase, center diff, rear diff, transmission, etc...
i am not going to make the cart event. i need tires, all fluids, brake pads, and (possibly) new shift bushings. and the civic needs a new seat , not to mention about 200hp. this sucks, but i should be ready for the fall session of auto X's!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
I don't believe its speed that kills; its speed + stupidity that kills. If you race on a packed highway, you are being stupid. If you are racing on a deserted highway, you are taking not much more of a chance than you would if you were at a track. I don't find it difficult to keep a car going in a straight line and I don't oppose it.

Oh, and to answer your question, this site would become streetfire.net.
the problem with that kind of stuff on public roads is that there are infinitely more variables that are out of your control. all it takes is one pot hole you didn't see, or one unsuspecting motorist that you didn't notice to create a disaster.

that being said, did you know that more people are killed each year in the united state by falling coconuts than die from street racing?

Originally Posted by spumoni1984
i am not going to make the cart event. i need tires, all fluids, brake pads, and (possibly) new shift bushings. and the civic needs a new seat , not to mention about 200hp. this sucks, but i should be ready for the fall session of auto X's!
well, i am sorry to hear you won't be attending colin, but it looks like i won't have to worry about beating you very badly and humiliating you.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

the problem with that kind of stuff on public roads is that there are infinitely more variables that are out of your control. all it takes is one pot hole you didn't see, or one unsuspecting motorist that you didn't notice to create a disaster.

that being said, did you know that more people are killed each year in the united state by falling coconuts than die from street racing?

well, i am sorry to hear you won't be attending colin, but it looks like i won't have to worry about beating you very badly and humiliating you.
True, although I know that its a level of risk I would be willing to take.

Colin, I think I'll be joining you amongst those not attending . I'm at 47,000 miles now and still on a completely stock transmission and differentials. I've been beating on the car for awhile now and i'm just afraid that something is going to go wrong and I definitely don't have the funds to fix a tranny, transfercase, or clutch right now. Just can't afford to pay to play .

I'm also trying to save up for some more power mods and suspension bits, so 120 bucks doesnt exactly help that cause.

Colin, I vote we just drink away the imminent depression associated with our lack of racing .
Old Jul 28, 2008, 06:10 PM
Account Disabled

I wouldn't worry about your drivetrain. I was running a stock 160,000 mile transmission up until summer 2006 at which point I put a shep transmission in my DSM. I ran 11.80's at 126 on that transmission and raced it every weekend I could since 2001. My friend also ran his talon until 2006 on the stock transmission and back then was running 12.60's or so. Neither of us broke any drivetrain parts (other than he smoked his stock 110K clutch). We chose to replace our transmissions but we never broke anything. The evo drivetrain is so much better than the old DSM stuff.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

True, although I know that its a level of risk I would be willing to take.
yes, but the risk doesn't just involve you.

you're potentially risking the lives and safety of people who have absolutely no connection to your actions.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I still have a brand new bottle of Redline MT-90, a brand new bottle of Redline Heavy Shock Proof, a half empty Heavy Shock Proof, and a brand new quart of Mobil 1 10w-30. I know Travis wanted something and Dave wanted the other. Who wanted what? I'm giving it all away for free, I have no use for any of it.
I want the heavy shockproof..........its candy for the tranny
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

yes, but the risk doesn't just involve you.

you're potentially risking the lives and safety of people who have absolutely no connection to your actions.
Well, I'm potentially ruining peoples lives when I speak to them on the phone at my current job - so, I guess its just something i'm used to.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Colin, I vote we just drink away the imminent depression associated with our lack of racing .
agreed.

edit: maybe we should try and pawn our way into a 135 and see how good it is!

Last edited by spumoni1984; Jul 29, 2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

au contraire. i think you'd look pretty silly if I beat you-and wasn't entered
Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spumoni1984
agreed.

edit: maybe we should try and pawn our way into a 135 and see how good it is!
Hmmm...sounds like an idea, but I thought you didn't believe in driving "gay" cars.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
Transmission fluid –

Diaqueen Super Multi-Gear Oil 75W-85 (Part # - MZ313376)

Transfer Case and Rear Differential fluid –

Diaqueen LSD Gear Oil (Part # - MZ3775610)

No other in these parts
I am doing mine here next weekend but I have a '04 VIII GSR. So I do not need the Diaqueen stuff right? Just the correctly weighted lubricants but no Diaqueen since I do not have ACD right?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I am doing mine here next weekend but I have a '04 VIII GSR. So I do not need the Diaqueen stuff right? Just the correctly weighted lubricants but no Diaqueen since I do not have ACD right?
You need the correct Diaqueen for the transfer case - don't use anything else. You can probably use something else for the transmission though since you have the 5 speed, not sure.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah the transmission you can do what you want - there are so many recommendations out there and you just have to figure out what you like and what your car likes. I suggest trying different stuff, I experiment with everything on my car because you have to know what makes it bad to know what makes it good .

I have tried:
- oem fluid (2k miles)
- BG II (10k miles)
- MT90 (3k miles)
- (2) OEM + (1) Heavy SP (15k miles)
- (2) BGII + (1) Heavy SP (10k miles) - still in the trans. (almost to 45k for the next service date)

To date the best I have found is either the oem or BG blend with heavy SP, shifts like butter and the heavy SP provides extra protection by coating the gears to keep wear down........I tried oem - felt like crap, straight BG was ok, MT90 - garbage (swore my trans. was going out).

As far as shavings on the drain plug - i have had the least with "the blend". OEM had the most (due more to break-in than anything), then MT90 (hate the stuff), and second to least was straight BGII.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet