Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO
be leaving around 6am. it's in norfield park, near akron. about 2hrs or so. Don't fear the dark side young padawan. the dark side of the force is strong, you could save padme!

should be fun, we whipped them flatlanders last year on their turf!

just say yes, nobody likes to say no!
sweet jebus! leaving at 6am? i think i am going to have to pass on that one. thanks for the offer though.

you beat me enough when i am driving a car i am familiar with. i can only imagine the humiliation you would lay down with me behind the wheel of the red rocket.

will you be at the time trial august 10th?

Originally Posted by EVORaab
I put it up there on Monday just to see what would happen.
  • Well I got 7 phone calls between Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
  • Then got 9 emails either for price, availability, or scheduling a test drive.
  • Appeared in the search results like 800 times

I took it off now because I don't want to actually sell it, but now that I see when it is time I should have no problem at all...and for any of you guys I would say the time is now if you want to upgrade to a X
rob, do you guys run google analytics on that site?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
I would be curious to see how that works - because there isn't a built in logger program into the cable....You would still need the laptop to run evoscan or whatever logger will work on the X. So not sure of the point?

Yes all the current options for the X are expensive - kinda like the earlier evo's prior to ecuflash and evoscan. Nice thing is its being developed and that cable is about the only thing keeping it from getting finished. Once developers get there hands on that cable and start disassembling it will have plenty of great features im sure like the current evo.

I would be more than happy to help you out when the time comes.....
Funny you said that travis I said the same thing in the ecuflash forum. They seem
to think it will have some sort of front end where you determine what you want
to log then plug in and it will record those things checked off onto the micro sd
card.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Well, since nobody seems to care - The next meet will be on Saturday August 23rd at 7:00 or so at the waterfront.
Sounds good.

I'll be there.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Well, since nobody seems to care - The next meet will be on Saturday August 23rd at 7:00 or so at the waterfront.
count me in.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
me too
Old Jul 30, 2008, 06:24 PM

mmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by EVORaab
Has anyone driven or experienced a X MR?
Yes, Its a little different but I liked it....
Old Jul 30, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
rob, do you guys run google analytics on that site?
Nope AutoTrader dealer portal tracks everything for our inventory. You can see who has called about the car, emailed about it, vehicle views, how many times it's appeared in a search, clicked to get map or directions, and if you want you can even enable call recording to monitor sales personnel, etc etc.... Pretty cool if you ask me.

Originally Posted by mitsmaster
Yes, Its a little different but I liked it....
How do the paddle shifts feel? Quick, smooth, and responsive? I loved the SMG paddle shift transmission in the M3 and I feel when it's time to move on to something new I'd like to get a X MR to try something different.

On another note I am leaving at 6AM tomorrow to go to West Chester, PA and from there to New Jersey and then back in the evening. It's going to be a long day, but well worth it!

Debating whether or not to take the EVO.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

If anyone want to go see a hillclimb, there is one this weekend near Cumberland Maryland this weekend. http://www.polishmtnhillclimb.com/ I'll hopefully be able to break the 1 min mark this year. Its a nice drive to get there if you go out near somerset and down. How about a evo meet-drive to a hillclimb-party for the night?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
If anyone want to go see a hillclimb, there is one this weekend near Cumberland Maryland this weekend. http://www.polishmtnhillclimb.com/ I'll hopefully be able to break the 1 min mark this year. Its a nice drive to get there if you go out near somerset and down. How about a evo meet-drive to a hillclimb-party for the night?
what time are you leaving friday?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

If anyone is interested i have a set of brand new stock NGK iridiums for the IX - don't need them as I am switching to denso plugs.

pm me.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
yea, what time are you planing on going. i was going to head down to oakland md this weekend. i think I could take a scenic detour to see some racin'
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
sweet jebus! leaving at 6am? i think i am going to have to pass on that one. thanks for the offer though.

you beat me enough when i am driving a car i am familiar with. i can only imagine the humiliation you would lay down with me behind the wheel of the red rocket.

will you be at the time trial august 10th?
I had a feeling when you saw the time, you wouldn't come.

I'm still up in the air about the time trial. I think the price is what's keepin the attendance down. I know, no working. But $115 or so is steep. Dang scca charging $15 for weekend membership, you wonder why they have membership issues.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be leaving about 4-4:30 on friday.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

[quote=EVORaab;5951092]How do the paddle shifts feel? Quick, smooth, and responsive? I loved the SMG paddle shift transmission in the M3 and I feel when it's time to move on to something new I'd like to get a X MR to try something different.quote]

From what I understand, the TC-SST is awesome. I've heard some claims that it's the very best they've driven so far and some claimed to like the DSG better because it supposedly shifts a little quicker. The M3, GT-R, and X tranny's are all made by Getrag I beleive so those three should be fairly similar. Personally I've never driven any kind.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Yeah I have heard the Evo X is pig rich from the factory!
I just noticed something different in my X the last few days. I am now getting a consistent 25-26 mpg on the highway with cruise control. I only used to get somewhere between 20 and 22 before i gave it in for the 5000 mile service. Would this rather sudden change in mpg be attributed to the new components breaking-in. I never thought that mpg differences would be so high between a brand-new car and one that's broken in. I also read somewhere that its common practice to have ECU's set to run richer than normal for proper breaking in of engines in modern cars. Could this mean that it doesn't run as rich anymore after the first service ?

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet