Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by garcia10
hey im taking my ix mr out to mike tom at bairel to get my drivetrain fluids replaced...any idea how much this will run me...i dont have time to go out and buy the oem fluids before hand because im in the process of moving for school....i might be able to pick them up late tongiht if someone can get me the list asap for a mr...
Depends on what you are changing. I had them change my oil and transfer case fluid ~ $100. If you get EVERYTHING changed (oil, transmission, transfercase, rear differential)...prolly around $150 - $200.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Dam now thats a car for drag racing. Nice!

Thanks everyone. So Dan you think a 2.3 would work better with a 30r or 20g red or green? Seems like they would be very similar im power. Now they might be different in what kinda fuel you need to get the power but.
Jeremy, I definately agree with Dan on this one. While I may not have experience firsthand, I do read a lot of magazines. Most hill climb builds are 2.3's with at least a 3076. One I read about, built for the pikes peak, runs a 2.3 3582. While I understand you're not that extreme, but from the way things are going for you you might just be on your way! You'll kick yourself later going any smaller than a 30r.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by garcia10
hey im taking my ix mr out to mike tom at bairel to get my drivetrain fluids replaced...any idea how much this will run me...i dont have time to go out and buy the oem fluids before hand because im in the process of moving for school....i might be able to pick them up late tongiht if someone can get me the list asap for a mr...
And If you're in a bind, I have a container of the Diaqueen LSD oil. I think a whole jug gets like 3 changes of TC and LSD. I only did one so far.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
No way man, stock fluid calls for a GL-3 75W-80. I'm not about to experiment again on this car. I still swear that the BG killed my sychro's in the VIII.
interesting - i wonder why they changed the fluid type for the X 5-speed? I would just use OEM and at least u know your warranty will be intact.

As far as the BG i dunno - I ran it for a pretty long while straight and have had it in for almost 15k mixed with Heavy SP and I have had no issues. Somethings you just never will know
Old Aug 6, 2008, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need a quick opinion. I am getting uneven tire wear. My 2 front tires, inside of the tire wears faster than anything else. Other than the insides of the front 2, they are all wearing evenly across the tire. However, on the front 2, my drivers inside is wearing abnormally fast, as in almost bald. Pass side is still acceptable. I had an alignment done at the end of last Sept. Should i be looking at another alignment, or some other issue in the front end?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
Need a quick opinion. I am getting uneven tire wear. My 2 front tires, inside of the tire wears faster than anything else. Other than the insides of the front 2, they are all wearing evenly across the tire. However, on the front 2, my drivers inside is wearing abnormally fast, as in almost bald. Pass side is still acceptable. I had an alignment done at the end of last Sept. Should i be looking at another alignment, or some other issue in the front end?
Have you checked the air pressure in them?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah check tire pressure first and see if it's acceptable I would look into another
alignment and make sure they check camber and toe. Toe will eat up tires
faster then anything.

Last edited by Mike01gsr; Aug 6, 2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Tire press. in all 4 is good. I run about 34 up front and about 30 in the rear...
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Have the alignment checked.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Who drives a LY evo that is parked at monro muffler on 22 in monroeville?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
Tim,

I had the same problem last year...go get an alignment.however my alignment was within range.....i have my tire pressure at whatever it says by the scuff plate near the door...i think its 31 in front 29 in rear....Also, i found having your tires rotated every 2,000-2,500 miles helped as opposed to 3500 suggested by factory......i had my problems with the advans and got a set of bfgood all seasons and havent had any uneven tire wear since..i have 2 advans in fair condition left over.....as with u, they were my rear tires...ill sell them to u if u want
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
Who drives a LY evo that is parked at monro muffler on 22 in monroeville?
I drive by this guy everyday almost. He works at HoneyBaked Ham.

Does anyone know who owns a black VIII besides Jeremy and Mike? I've seen a guy driving on 22 and 286 within a few days so he must be pretty local to me.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Negative camber and soft tread compounds = uneven wear. The main problem is the fact that your advans are directional. Rotation can only help so much. The insides will still wear quicker than the outsides.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

It looks like I will be going to the shootout on Sunday. So if anyone needs a ride, you can come with us. We're just going to go out early Sun morning and come home Sunday right after the event. I'll take Monday off or whatever.

Travis, will there be any trouble getting in to the event? Must I get there early, or do they have plenty of area?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

My Yokes were garbage after 4000 miles. I gave them to dave to beat up on @ autocrossing. These are Kuhmo ASX's all seasons that i bought last November. Thats what pisses me off, they are not even a year old and 1 is almost junk. Made an appointment for an alignment.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet