Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Hey now! I just got called ludicrously fast with one of those stock turbo's/ . http://www.nationalroadrally.com/pmhc_08.html

Really they just have no idea what is coming! All kneel to the power of
very nice Jer! seems like your breaking records on every hill these days. and your setup is really fast.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

went up to PRP tonight so i figured i would post my new times.

11.96 @ 116.....1.83 60' ft
11.84 @ 119.....1.85 60' ft
11.68 @ 117.....1.80 60' ft
11.68 @ 116.....1.79 60' ft

so far my best time is a 11.6
my best trap is 122
and best 60' ft is 1.77

and still on the stock 6spd tranny
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
went up to PRP tonight so i figured i would post my new times.

11.96 @ 116.....1.83 60' ft
11.84 @ 119.....1.85 60' ft
11.68 @ 117.....1.80 60' ft
11.68 @ 116.....1.79 60' ft

so far my best time is a 11.6
my best trap is 122
and best 60' ft is 1.77

and still on the stock 6spd tranny
Good seeing you Kyle. Car looked really fast!

What about your 14 second run @ 52mph! Still fast
Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
Your insurance will probably try to drop you if you mention the word racing around them. I know State Farm did, so I said F8CK YOU to the lady and switched carriers. Then she had the nerve to ask me why I was being irrational and switching companies, ****ing ****.
wow you are angry.......
Old Aug 14, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thegame
What kind of problem are you having? The main thing that I don't like is the notchy gearbox... but I have noticed it getting a lot better. I always get shafted when it comes to tranny's it seems. Although, the X shifts 155 % better than my VIII ever did. Other than that, my X hasn't really been any different from the VIII.
You guessed it right, I did report the notchy gearbox. As for your experience on the VIII, I couldn't say anything because I'd never driven one. My gearbox has got better over time too, but there is still the occasional notch and grind in cold conditions. Of course, if all this is causing no damage to the internals, I don't care much for the convenience factor, that's not why I bought it anyway.

On a different note, this is what a Redline rep came back to me with:

Below are the results from the Red Line Oil web site Application Request Form.

It was placed on 8/12/2008 2:05:56 PM.

Application Request Form Information
-----------------------------------------------
Name : Srikanth Janga
Email Address : ********************
Address :
Address 2:
City :
State :
Zip :
Make : Mitsubishi
Model : Evolution GSR
Year : 2008
Engine Type : 4B11T (4 Cyl Turbo)
Differential Size/Type :
Transmission Type: Manual (MT)
Issues : There is a constant barrage of complaints about the gear shifting quality for the new EVO-X. Many have reported this to likely be attributed to the type of gear oil. The shifts are pretty normal when warm but still cause occasional grinding.

Recommendations : Mitsubishi recommends a GL3 oil for its transmission in the new evo. Could you please provide an alternative solution to the DiaQueen OEM oils that seem to be doing such a bad job in cold and normal conditions. All this, of course, only if the gear oil is really the cause.
Srikanth,

Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, in your transaxle I would recommend a blend of MTL and MT-90 to match the 75W85 viscosity being called for, one quart MT-90 then the remainder MTL.

Regards, Dave
Red Line Oil
Old Aug 14, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

As some of you know already my car is down at baierl mitsu due to transmission failure

here is my thread discribing what happened

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=soft

i just spoke with service and they informed me that the service rep is on vacation till next monday (of course) but the factory mitsubishi rep will be down to look at the car today to see or not if my modifications will void my warrenty. To me it already sounded like they wont even touch it. I told them to inform me when he gets in so i can go there and sit down and discuss the situation with him. My aftermarket clutch will probably be the last straw for them to say no to any warrenty fix. Im gonna see if i can throw some threats at him to maybe make him change his mind on not fully covering the damage (magnuson moss, take them to court, send the ACT clutch out to ACT for testing...ect.)

just trying to get an opinion out of you pittsburgh enthusiasts of what you think the outcome will be, and if you have any advice that would be great. Again, sorry i havnt personally met any of you yet, i was planning on coming out to the meet this august so i hope my car will be back on the road by then.

Worst comes to worst i will send the transfercase and the tranny to Shep racing and have them do thier rebuild on it so i dont have to worry about it again. Which im sure in the end it will be cheaper then to have mitsu fix it.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVORaab
Good seeing you Kyle. Car looked really fast!

What about your 14 second run @ 52mph! Still fast
lol actually it was 16 but i dont wanna brag lol

good seeing you too man. how did your buddy run?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by killthelights14
As some of you know already my car is down at baierl mitsu due to transmission failure

i just spoke with service and they informed me that the service rep is on vacation till next monday (of course) but the factory mitsubishi rep will be down to look at the car today to see or not if my modifications will void my warrenty. To me it already sounded like they wont even touch it. I told them to inform me when he gets in so i can go there and sit down and discuss the situation with him. My aftermarket clutch will probably be the last straw for them to say no to any warrenty fix. Im gonna see if i can throw some threats at him to maybe make him change his mind on not fully covering the damage (magnuson moss, take them to court, send the ACT clutch out to ACT for testing...ect.)

just trying to get an opinion out of you pittsburgh enthusiasts of what you think the outcome will be, and if you have any advice that would be great. Again, sorry i havnt personally met any of you yet, i was planning on coming out to the meet this august so i hope my car will be back on the road by then.

Worst comes to worst i will send the transfercase and the tranny to Shep racing and have them do thier rebuild on it so i dont have to worry about it again. Which im sure in the end it will be cheaper then to have mitsu fix it.
You might as well get on the phone with Shep now to schedule your time LOL

Magnuson Moss isn't going to help you since you have an aftermarket clutch and your tranny failed.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
You might as well get on the phone with Shep now to schedule your time LOL

Magnuson Moss isn't going to help you since you have an aftermarket clutch and your tranny failed.

unless he can somehow gather proof that the tranny failed because of something other than the clutch, some non-custom part.

Last edited by CatalystGod; Aug 14, 2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

I dont think threats will get you anywhere. If anything, let mike deal with the rep. If some dude off the street told me to f myself, id laugh at the person. However, mike deals with these people on a regular basis. Im sure he knows what to do/say. Even if you go to arbitration, you are only prolonging getting your car back. You may just have to bite the bullet....
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
unless he can somehow gather proof that the tranny failed because of something other than the clutch, some non-custom part.
thats what im hoping for

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
I dont think threats will get you anywhere. If anything, let mike deal with the rep. If some dude off the street told me to f myself, id laugh at the person. However, mike deals with these people on a regular basis. Im sure he knows what to do/say. Even if you go to arbitration, you are only prolonging getting your car back. You may just have to bite the bullet....
yeah im going to have to have a nice talk with mike on his suggestion and to see if he can push it through. But the more and more i think about it...do i really want another tranny? that could possibly break again... We will see and ill keep you guys updated in case it happens to one of you.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

That sucks man! If you can afford it, get the shep and never look back. Talk with
Mike even if you could get labor covered that would be a plus!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

how does labor work with warranty? Does the warranty cover partial labor costs or do you still pay full labor costs? cause im sure the broken part cant be that expensive. Im sure mitsu charges 90 bucks an hour in labor costs and it will take them 8 hours to pull the tranny...What if if the part i need is just a couple hundred bucks? Im thinking just getting the tranny and sending it to ohio to Shep racing and getting the rebuild for 900 bucks and put her back in myself. If someone on here could help me do the work that would be awesome as well
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

how does labor work with warranty? Does the warranty cover partial labor costs or do you still pay full labor costs? cause im sure the broken part cant be that expensive. Im sure mitsu charges 90 bucks an hour in labor costs and it will take them 8 hours to pull the tranny...What if if the part i need is just a couple hundred bucks? Im thinking just getting the tranny and sending it to ohio to Shep racing and getting the rebuild for 900 bucks and put her back in myself. If someone on here could help me do the work that would be awesome as well
if it is warranty work the labor is covered. unfortunately i believe the mechanics get less money per hour when they do warranty work as opposed to non warranty work.

and i am gonna tell you right now that an aftermarket clutch is gonna void that drive train warranty faster than you can say 'twin plate'.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
if it is warranty work the labor is covered. unfortunately i believe the mechanics get less money per hour when they do warranty work as opposed to non warranty work.

and i am gonna tell you right now that an aftermarket clutch is gonna void that drive train warranty faster than you can say 'twin plate'.
hmmm should i just go pick her up and take it home then? Im sure someone locally on this board will be willing to give me a hand to diagnose the problem.

edit: good news, i found out that before i bought the car it had synco's replaced by mitsu in Florida and the tranny failure could be connect to a bad reassembly. So mitsu is going to have to cover their own *** on this one

Last edited by killthelights14; Aug 14, 2008 at 02:11 PM.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet