Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since it is already up there you might as well let them take a look at it. who knows, there is always the chance that the mitsu rep will approve it. just don't be angry if they don't
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

As Mondo said its worth asking Mitsu but I wouldn't expect anything.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

My six speed broke with only 10,000 miles on my 2006. Mike took care of talking to the rep and I got a new tranny...

I broke it again a month later, so it was recommended not to try and get warranty repair work done the second time around.

I went with a Shep tranny, 5 speed, stage 1 upgrade. FANTASTIC tranny...best thing to do if you are going to race your car at the track...even if it is only 20 runs a year....

you gotta "pay" to "play" they say....it is very true....
Old Aug 14, 2008, 06:47 PM

Reputable Shop(s) ?

You guys have any suggestions of a good shop in the area for a clutch install? My stock one has just started slipping a little so it's about time to swap it out. Would normally do the work myself but if i do it, it'll be up on stands and apart for longer than i want and don't have the time to spend on it like that, like i used to .
So i don't really know of the shops/ selection in the Pittsburgh area hoping u guys could help me out.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Garcia: dude my keyboard on my laptop is ****ed up
Garcia: on the letters u i o j k l m
Garcia: it shows a number instead of a letter?
Raab: turn off NUMLOCK

PWNED.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M5K15
You guys have any suggestions of a good shop in the area for a clutch install? My stock one has just started slipping a little so it's about time to swap it out. Would normally do the work myself but if i do it, it'll be up on stands and apart for longer than i want and don't have the time to spend on it like that, like i used to .
So i don't really know of the shops/ selection in the Pittsburgh area hoping u guys could help me out.
The only guy in Pittsburgh that I would let do a clutch job would be Mike at Baierl. He's done just about everyone's clutch around.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

As far as Shep goes, I cannot say I'd recommend him. There's been lots of issues with his shop lately. People grenading his TC's and Tranny's left and right. That's a seperate issue. I don't recommend him because mine was never done correctly the first time. I would go with TRE.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:41 AM

everyone seems to go to barierl mitsu in wexford, ask for Mike. he has always been real helpful. prolly 10 yrs ago he would help me( 4nothing ) with my eagle talon tsi awd. god, i miss that car!
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

so who all is going to the shootout only on sunday?
im wondering if i can catch a ride down with someone?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Thegame
The only guy in Pittsburgh that I would let do a clutch job would be Mike at Baierl. He's done just about everyone's clutch around.
beat me to it!
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

yup i have been talking to Mike the past couple days about my options. But it seems like mitsubishi is going to have to cover my tranny since Florida mitsubish did syncro work on it last year and the failure could be do to a bad reassembly. I may have lucked out big time, im waiting for the phone call now
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by killthelights14
yup i have been talking to Mike the past couple days about my options. But it seems like mitsubishi is going to have to cover my tranny since Florida mitsubish did syncro work on it last year and the failure could be do to a bad reassembly. I may have lucked out big time, im waiting for the phone call now
good to hear Dan
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Mike at Baierl is the only guy that works on my evo besides me.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

since mike is mentioned in here so much, just wondering, does he own an evo himself? i would think he would since he is a tech and seems to be great with these cars correct?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 07:02 PM

My Car

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
since mike is mentioned in here so much, just wondering, does he own an evo himself? i would think he would since he is a tech and seems to be great with these cars correct?
Well I guess I can answer that... No I dont.. I have had many toys in my life but currently my toys all belong to my two year old son,and less the a month away our newest child will be here...The biggest reason i dont have one is, I just dont fit very well in them... 6'6" is a little to tall to fit in that car as a daily driver.. I do plan on building a track car again if I ever get the time.....

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet