Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by travman
Dont forget the run where the intercooler pipe blew.....that one from where I was standing looked like something bad happened as well

Shootout was awesome - didn't see anyone from Pittsburgh though. Def. a lot of cars breaking but there was some really fast cars there. Met some guys from the boards and had an all around good time, the cops were more present this year during the hotel party's but nothing real bad happened and no crazy Canadians were arrested at the Best Western this year (cant say elsewhere).
The shootout was pretty awesome, much better than the rain delay last year! Any idea what the fastest Evo pass was? I remember seeing a 9.3 but someone said there was a 9.1?

I went up early Sunday so I missed out on the hotel party this year... Next year I am planning to spend the whole weekend and even run too
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the hillclimb Jer! Thats awesome man. One day when my Evo is not my daily mode of transportation, hillclimbing will definitely be something i'll give a try.

Ugghh...this economy is so frustrating right now. I just want to be able to get a better job so I can actually afford to mod my car, but every potential employer that I've applied to is on a hiring freeze .

P.s. Anybody have a 10.5 hotside lying around that I could trade/buy? Looking to get it ported.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

just got denied to any warranty work and my warranty got voided. Thank god i know a whole lot about state laws and how to ***** and moan. Paying a visit to Mitsubishi in a minute. Here is what happened

Got phone call saying rep voided my warranty and any work that will be done has to be paid out of my own pocket. i say, "hey what about the rebuild florida did on my tranny less than 5k miles ago?" he goes well that's not for me to find out what happened.

Ill report back in a couple hours
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by killthelights14
just got denied to any warranty work and my warranty got voided. Thank god i know a whole lot about state laws and how to ***** and moan. Paying a visit to Mitsubishi in a minute. Here is what happened

Got phone call saying rep voided my warranty and any work that will be done has to be paid out of my own pocket. i say, "hey what about the rebuild florida did on my tranny less than 5k miles ago?" he goes well that's not for me to find out what happened.

Ill report back in a couple hours

Sorry to hear that ...i saw your car sitting there this morning when i dropped mine off...
Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys! I am for sure coming to the meet on Saturday! I will also be rolling out with my two buddies from back home. So we will be coming out from Johnstown in a silver 8, silver 9, and silver 10. Cya then...
Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
Hey guys! I am for sure coming to the meet on Saturday! I will also be rolling out with my two buddies from back home. So we will be coming out from Johnstown in a silver 8, silver 9, and silver 10. Cya then...
Awesome glad you can finally make one.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
The shootout was pretty awesome, much better than the rain delay last year! Any idea what the fastest Evo pass was? I remember seeing a 9.3 but someone said there was a 9.1?

I went up early Sunday so I missed out on the hotel party this year... Next year I am planning to spend the whole weekend and even run too
I think Buschur's black car ran an 8.XX if I remember correctly. I think Brandon's TT car ran real low 9's. And the orange one was right around the same. Those were my two favorites by far. I'm a little partial though because I liked those guys. Also, BVP's X was pretty sick too running 11.19 and that was the best I saw. I still just can't get over how many cars broke.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Dan L or anyone that knows... Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I thought all DSM's were either FWD or AWD. I noticed a bunch that were RWD at the shootout. What's the deal?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Jeremy , You got that car working so good for you right now. Congratulations on a crazy feat.

Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8

Did the silver stay the same from the 8-10 like the white?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

^ You've seen my car. Silver and White are the only two that have stayed the same since 03. The Red is still called Rally Red, but for some reason it looks very different.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Dan L or anyone that knows... Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I thought all DSM's were either FWD or AWD. I noticed a bunch that were RWD at the shootout. What's the deal?
rwd conversions.

for some mad jdm tokyo drifto, yo.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
rwd conversions.

for some mad jdm tokyo drifto, yo.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 06:41 PM

way to go Jer! mr. hillclimb! lol! great job gettin another record.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:50 AM

Anyone going to the test & tune day at PRP today?

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet