Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by killthelights14
new problem
problem: rear tooth is ****ED
solutions: extract it (140 bucks) root canal (650 plus crown and continuous maintence..root canals dont last forever and can crack and post pain sucks)

im only 19 and the damn thing cracked and last friday and it hurts like HELL, i tried going to every emergency room to see if i could get vicodin but no cigar. i was loosing my mind from the pain, couldnt even see straight hahah. today i finally got some viks form the dentist. thank god. he said i have to wait a week because its infected.. Im thinking just yanking it out and never have to worry about it again..you cant see it anyways, and maybe down the road ill put in a titanium post with a nice fake tooth.
hey i just started dental school...and my advice is if your looking for the cheapest cost on any dental work would be to go to a university dental clinic (aka pitt, wvu...etc) your procedures will be done by 4th year dental students(pratically dentists) and they are under the supervision of the dental faculty....and sometimes the quality is better than going to an actual dental practice becuase of the strict requirements us students must face...which tooth is it again? my advice would be to do a root canal.....sure an extraction is easier/cheaper but other complications can arise from them as well....usually a root canal is good for over 10 years or so...my dad had one like in 1994 and hasnt had any problems with it.....but anyways, its just like modding an evo...theres a cheap and easy way to do it..or the more expensive and right way to do it....im just throwing it out there
Old Sep 2, 2008, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Get a grill for you and the Evo! You will probably be ripped to shreds by the members but I've got your back!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
so i have a photography class im taking this semester and i have to get my own supplies.
35mm SLR camera with manual settings. I know some of you guys are good with the photography. where can i find these things.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

and speaking of photography....i took these shots yesterday (just a few of them)

and our favorite

hopefully nobody launched this thread from a cell phone or 56k
Old Sep 2, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

nice pics!

Originally Posted by garcia10
hey i just started dental school...and my advice is if your looking for the cheapest cost on any dental work would be to go to a university dental clinic (aka pitt, wvu...etc) your procedures will be done by 4th year dental students(pratically dentists) and they are under the supervision of the dental faculty....and sometimes the quality is better than going to an actual dental practice becuase of the strict requirements us students must face...which tooth is it again? my advice would be to do a root canal.....sure an extraction is easier/cheaper but other complications can arise from them as well....usually a root canal is good for over 10 years or so...my dad had one like in 1994 and hasnt had any problems with it.....but anyways, its just like modding an evo...theres a cheap and easy way to do it..or the more expensive and right way to do it....im just throwing it out there
damn, thanks for the advice ill take that into consideration. what complications is there with just an extraction?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those are some awesome pics Rob. I've always liked the look of the Mazdaspeed, but you make it look amazing...especially with the painted wheels. Good stuff.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 04:10 AM

you have to look at your teeth as supports for each other...therefore, if you take one tooth out...you can lose support in your remaining arch....this can cause your teeth to shift etc...something like this would be important if your parents put alot of money into braces, not to mention asthetics, chicks dig straight teeth ...also, you can have bone loss around that area from your extracted tooth....those are some long term complications...but an immediate one would be a dry socket (infection), which is common in extracted teeth.....i personally would do the root canal...the procedure was invented for a reason and allows you to save the tooth.....or u could ultimately do a dental implant..oral surgeon will place a metal post down into your bone (gum)...then a dentist will make a crown to fit on top of the post....
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

you have to look at your teeth as supports for each other...therefore, if you take one tooth out...you can lose support in your remaining arch....this can cause your teeth to shift etc...something like this would be important if your parents put alot of money into braces, not to mention asthetics, chicks dig straight teeth ...also, you can have bone loss around that area from your extracted tooth....those are some long term complications...but an immediate one would be a dry socket (infection), which is common in extracted teeth.....i personally would do the root canal...the procedure was invented for a reason and allows you to save the tooth.....or u could ultimately do a dental implant..oral surgeon will place a metal post down into your bone (gum)...then a dentist will make a crown to fit on top of the post....
so when are you going to be far enough along in your dental training that you can get me big bottles of NAWWZZZZ?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those of you who "drive like your hair is on fire", watch out the next couple of weeks.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08247/908886-53.stm

Expect increased patrolling and unmarked cars.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

****...root canal it is. waiting for the infection to go down for a week before i make my way back there to get er done

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
so when are you going to be far enough along in your dental training that you can get me big bottles of NAWWZZZZ?
that ish is awesome, makes everything the dentist does go to a beat of the room music

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
For those of you who "drive like your hair is on fire", watch out the next couple of weeks.

great. just great. I dont even speed but i still dont like having police everywhere. it slows down traffic hardcore.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod

This is a good thing for us city dwellers. Now they will have video camera's rolling when they berate and take an inappropriate manner with the taxpayers they pull over.

Having a camera on might encourage our city police to be a little bit more respectful.

I've been robbed twice and pulled over twice in the city. All in all I give the City of Pittsburgh Police a giant FAIL at doing their job. Another time I was hit by an uninsured driver called 911 and the police flatly REFUSED to come.

The city firemen on the other hand. Finest individuals I have had the misfortune to have to deal with on several occasions.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
This is a good thing for us city dwellers. Now they will have video camera's rolling when they berate and take an inappropriate manner with the taxpayers they pull over.

Having a camera on might encourage our city police to be a little bit more respectful.

I've been robbed twice and pulled over twice in the city. All in all I give the City of Pittsburgh Police a giant FAIL at doing their job. Another time I was hit by an uninsured driver called 911 and the police flatly REFUSED to come.

The city firemen on the other hand. Finest individuals I have had the misfortune to have to deal with on several occasions.

it would sure make it hard to fight a speeding ticket though if you happened to be tripling the speed limit in residential zones, blowing stop signs, running over school children, or the like.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

****. i disconnected the small yellow plug by the headlight for the airbag sensor and plugged it back in and now the SRS light is on....guess i have to take it to a dealer to get it reset?

Mike you know anything about this?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by killthelights14
nice pics!
Originally Posted by Canexican
Those are some awesome pics Rob. I've always liked the look of the Mazdaspeed, but you make it look amazing...especially with the painted wheels. Good stuff.
Thanks guys!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Did you try resetting the ECU?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet