Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by killthelights14
yup it belongs to West hills nissan to mike mcwilliams i believe (owner or WHN)

so whats with all the evos i see in moon? I live in moon and i see a blue one, dark grey, grey, and an 8 RS. You guys work in the area?
I live right on the border of moon/coraopolis and work in robinson...so i am in that area the majority of the time
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by killthelights14
yup it belongs to West hills nissan to mike mcwilliams i believe (owner or WHN)

so whats with all the evos i see in moon? I live in moon and i see a blue one, dark grey, grey, and an 8 RS. You guys work in the area?
Blue is probably Dan, dark great is most likely Kyle not sure of the other 2. The black one you saw was me haha.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:37 AM

hey guys! haven't logged on in a while, but I took my wing off to reclear coat and it's freaking a pain in the ***, honestly! has anyone done this to theirs? i have about 6 hours into wet sanding and still isn't down to the CF yet... WTFFFFFFF!!!!!

thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
So when does the car leave the garage?
!!!!! so my injector burnt out on this POS today. I have to overnight it to AEM and hope that its still under warranty. There is a local up here with a IX aem but not sure if he would let me borrow it to drive the car on till mine gets repaired.

i swear to god nothing goes my way.

as the picture says... junk!

Henry from AEM said atleast 3 business days of them having it. Car is running and needs tuned...

Stressing me out. meet is iffy as of now. unless someone has a IX AEM I CAN BORROW?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

ahhh ic ic, yeah i work in robinson as well (mall )
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
!!!!! so my injector burnt out on this POS today. I have to overnight it to AEM and hope that its still under warranty. There is a local up here with a IX aem but not sure if he would let me borrow it to drive the car on till mine gets repaired.

i swear to god nothing goes my way.

as the picture says... junk!

Henry from AEM said atleast 3 business days of them having it. Car is running and needs tuned...

Stressing me out. meet is iffy as of now. unless someone has a IX AEM I CAN BORROW?
Stock ECU - FTW once again.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Eric, what happened? Your injector got fried because of the AEM? Didn't you buy that used anyhow? I hope that's not the reason the guy sold it.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Eric, what happened? Your injector got fried because of the AEM? Didn't you buy that used anyhow? I hope that's not the reason the guy sold it.
i bought it from toplevel performance, then steve went to NRG tech. Its all cool, i got my receipt to send to them...

To answer your question, no idea on why it did what it did. It was fine, was running etc etc. turned the key today and nothing would happen...

My injectors are fine, but the injector driver in the AEM might be fried.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

It was fine, was running etc etc. turned the key today and nothing would happen...
Doesn't seem out of the ordinary for an AEM?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

i bought it from toplevel performance, then steve went to NRG tech. Its all cool, i got my receipt to send to them...

To answer your question, no idea on why it did what it did. It was fine, was running etc etc. turned the key today and nothing would happen...

My injectors are fine, but the injector driver in the AEM might be fried.
That sucks man on a $1000+ EMS. At least you have the receipts and they're going to take care of you. It could be a lot worse. What's a few more days down??? You know? Compared to another G.

Travis, I don't follow AEM EMS's, nor any EMS's for that matter. I'll never use one. This is the first hardware/software malfunction that I've ever heard of. But I guess it's not uncommon I take it. Which could be why a lot of guys use the F-con V or Power FC. I don't know.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Doesn't seem out of the ordinary for an AEM?
issues with AEM's happen a lot more than you may think. Nate showed me several examples of things going wrong with them.. Believe me, i am not happy right now. But there is ABSOLUTELY nothing i can do.

I guess a few more days wont hurt... i am used to stuff not going right... and taking forever lol
Old Sep 16, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

issues with AEM's happen a lot more than you may think. Nate showed me several examples of things going wrong with them.. Believe me, i am not happy right now. But there is ABSOLUTELY nothing i can do.

I guess a few more days wont hurt... i am used to stuff not going right... and taking forever lol
No I know they have a lot of issues, I have seen a few first hand (I do know more than just bushings ) - hence why I said your problem does not seem out of the ordinary.

What kind of test did you do to determine its an injector driver problem or was this just an assumption?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

No I know they have a lot of issues, I have seen a few first hand (I do know more than just bushings ) - hence why I said your problem does not seem out of the ordinary.

What kind of test did you do to determine its an injector driver problem or was this just an assumption?
basically all i did was showed up and grabbed from my car and packaged it up to ship out. The car was not getting any fuel when it was plugged in, and getting no signal when he tapped into it with his meter in certain areas. Immediately following, he placed another IX AEM in there and it were flawlessly. Tried again, and nothing. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do with an AEM maintenance wise, because they have warranty seals that cannot be broken and it would be easier to just send it ASAP and get it back ASAP than to trouble shoot. Hopefully henry at AEM gets it done in a timely fashion. I am borderline ready to burn this project to the ground lol
Old Sep 16, 2008, 05:04 PM
Account Disabled

Stock ECU for the win on a street car. Thats why I run the stock ecu on both my cars. I rely on my cars to get me to/from the track under power as I don't have a tow vehicle.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
Stock ECU for the win on a street car. Thats why I run the stock ecu on both my cars. I rely on my cars to get me to/from the track under power as I don't have a tow vehicle.
me either. And mitsubishi of america does not do free tows from the track

minor set back, and if it continues to give me issues, i will rewire in my maf sensor and go back to stock.. but i would like to give this a chance first. will see how it turns out. just a little bummed..

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet