Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by killthelights14
does Pendot hold responsibility to any exterior damage caused by the little rocks that fly at my car while behind other people? None so far but in my suby it cracked my damn windshield, and effed up my front bumper bady
No, your insurance should cover that repair. If you are worried about rock chips, get a clearbra cover put on. Mitsubishi paint is notoriously poor.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Sep 25, 2008 at 05:00 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evol.ved
No, your insurance should cover that repair. If you are worried about rock chips, get a clearbra cover put on. Mitsubishi paint is notoriously poor.
Last year the state decided it would be best to dump piles of antiskid onto Rt 119 where people travel between 45-60 mph. The piles eventually built up where cars were not driving and the reminence were still there back in May/June. My front end is peppered with chips because of this. I knew that PennDot would not do anything, but i was so pissed at their blatent disregard and waste of a product that just about every other day, on my lunch break i would call the regional manager for westmoreland county and the claims adjustor for the state who operates out of pittsburgh. I did that for 2 1/2 months straight just to be an annoyance. It made me feel better to know that i was getting under their skin and giving them grief for 10 min out of my day
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
My brother has some property at his house (like 3 acres or something) so we can do whatever we want there. We put together a potato launcher similar to that and have a hole at the bottom where you spray just a little bit of hair spray in there and hold the lighter about 3 inches away! it never gets old!

this thing will be a blast, just hope that 100PSI dont make it just explode all over the place
Potato Guns are awesome..........

We built one in college and was shooting it off behind the campus - potato's flying everywhere.
(I dunno how fast we would have been arrested if caught with it )

We actually blew the rear off the gun apart from the hairspray igniting and potato was stuck....It sent a piece into my friends car - made a nice square pvc cap indentation in it...luckily he was t-boned 2 days later and insurance fixed it all

I would love to make one with a compressor, I cant imagine how far they would fly!!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:16 AM

does Pendot hold responsibility to any exterior damage caused by the little rocks that fly at my car while behind other people? None so far but in my suby it cracked my damn windshield, and effed up my front bumper bad

oh and my little physics class project

100 psi chamber to a modified irrigation sprinkler valve to a 7 foot barrel....its scary

looks cool. i sure hope you have more than duct tape holdin that together what's the trigger mechanism?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Final update...

Was out and about in the evo today

16psi on WG pressure felt great

some pump/e85/Q16 tuning coming very soon...

PS: any locals interested in an Innovative LC1 wideband kit with gauge let me know.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

im starting to get sick of these oil and chipped roads everywhere i go
Another thought.

The oil and chipped roads might not be everywhere you go.

The RS has no sound deadening. None. Zero. Zilch. You will hear every little pebble that the tires kick up and hit the underside of your car I am used to the noise and don't even notice because I always have the radio on but it is constant, aided by my sticky street sweeper tires. You may also notice a similar noise in the rain or on wet roads.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

potato gun launches went awesome today! ill upload some video of the gun powder one that made all the car alarms go off mine decided to shoot out the valve stem.

the trigger mechanism is a irrigation sprinkler valve that i modified and used a air gun to release the valve open.

Another thought.

The RS has no sound deadening. None. Zero. Zilch. You will hear every little pebble that the tires kick up and hit the underside of your car I am used to the noise and don't even notice because I always have the radio on but it is constant, aided by my sticky street sweeper tires. You may also notice a similar noise in the rain or on wet roads.
haha yeah im used to it already. the droning titanium exhaust keeps the road noise down.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:57 AM

Another thought.

As soon as I bought my car they tar and chipped pretty much every road leading into work. Those advans were bad when it came to zinging rocks, I can only imagine what the RE01Rs are like!!

On a positive note I had to take my Azenis off since they were about to show cords so now with these cheap all seasons I put back on I can hit any road without hearing rocks I can't wait till these things wear out, if they ever do
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

potato gun launches went awesome today! ill upload some video of the gun powder one that made all the car alarms go off mine decided to shoot out the valve stem.

the trigger mechanism is a irrigation sprinkler valve that i modified and used a air gun to release the valve open.

haha yeah im used to it already. the droning titanium exhaust keeps the road noise down.
Out of curiousity, How did you get a Magnaflow TI exhaust for the 9? I'm assuming this was used, and was originally for an 8? I didn't kno they actually fit the 9. These have been dissconitnued for quite awhile now. I kno because i was selling them. lol
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Out of curiousity, How did you get a Magnaflow TI exhaust for the 9? I'm assuming this was used, and was originally for an 8? I didn't kno they actually fit the 9. These have been dissconitnued for quite awhile now. I kno because i was selling them. lol
thats a good question. the exhaust is a bushur downpipe to a custom 3inch test pipe to the magnaflow TI. I had no idea they didnt make it for the 9. The owner before me bought it new for the car. So i believe that the test pipe was made so it would fit the 9. I can snap some pics for you...the exhaust is truely nice and up to par with the other titanium systems

Originally Posted by EvoIan
As soon as I bought my car they tar and chipped pretty much every road leading into work. Those advans were bad when it came to zinging rocks, I can only imagine what the RE01Rs are like!!

On a positive note I had to take my Azenis off since they were about to show cords so now with these cheap all seasons I put back on I can hit any road without hearing rocks I can't wait till these things wear out, if they ever do
haha i hear ya, im running Khumo all seasons and they just wont freaking wear down! I do alot of backroad spirited driving and with little camber and zero toe they just dont seem to wear down.

Last edited by killthelights14; Sep 26, 2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

An evo VIII exhaust will work on a IX, the only thing that wont work is 03-04 downpipes on 05-06 evo's due to the ACD.

So as long as you run the correct dp the rest will fit the same....
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

This evo looks like it will never find a home..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245
Old Sep 26, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
An evo VIII exhaust will work on a IX, the only thing that wont work is 03-04 downpipes on 05-06 evo's due to the ACD.

So as long as you run the correct dp the rest will fit the same....
I thought the rear bumper was alittle different. I kne the DP was different.

Yes it is a great exhaust, i have one myself. It was actually made bye someone in Japan. Probably JIC. Magnaflow just outsourced these exhaust with there name on them. They only sold TI exhaust for 5 cars. They probably made less then 100 for the evo. Magnaflow still just dosn't have the name in the Sport compact market thats the only reason i can figure that these exhaust didn't sell well for them.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
I thought the rear bumper was alittle different. I kne the DP was different.

Yes it is a great exhaust, i have one myself. It was actually made bye someone in Japan. Probably JIC. Magnaflow just outsourced these exhaust with there name on them. They only sold TI exhaust for 5 cars. They probably made less then 100 for the evo. Magnaflow still just dosn't have the name in the Sport compact market thats the only reason i can figure that these exhaust didn't sell well for them.
USDM VIII and IX rear bumper are the same.....unless your mad jdm yo.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
This evo looks like it will never find a home..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245
reason(s) why?

not stock looking
wheels
gauges
vinyl on doors
price way to high
also has listed as 06 at bottom of page

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet