Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool man, sounds good. I'm just waiting to hear back from the guy about the spacers.

Anyone else have experience with spacers?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing i know about spacers is that you need to check your lugs to make sure they are tight every once in a while. I had a friend with an eclipse that had spacers on them and didnt have a problem but had to re-torque them down about once a week.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
While I agree with your thoughts, there are too many American's who don't actually realize what they're voting for. Too many Democrats and Republicans vote straight ticket having no idea who they're electing. Do yourself a favor and at least know what the different parties stand for. Then learn a little bit about the parties running for office. Make an educated decision based on your interests and national interests. Telling people to go vote is not enough. Knowing what you're voting for is equally important.

My thoughts...

During Clinton's reign we had a Republican Congress. I thought Clinton was a great president. Slowly the Congress began to shift towards a Democratic majority while Bush was in office. Who's to blame? The easy answer is George W Bush. But I don't always like the easy answer. Everyone claims that the price of oil has caused the current economic situation. Who refused to lift to the offshore drilling ban? What party is against allowing new offshore drilling? If you want to keep paying $4.00 a gallon at the pump then keep that **** Pelosi in office and vote for all them Democrats!
no i agree, uninformed voting is no good. but you don't have to vote for every candidate on the ballot, you can choose to just vote for whatever you want to, which makes the job of getting/keeping yourself informed much easier.

now i have my own thoughts and ideas on the [prices of oil and who to vote for, but i don't want to debate that here. i just want to see people get informe (even a little bit) and stand up for themselves and be heard. too much voter apathy in this country for the likes of me.

and paul & dan, no one is arguing any issues. i just want to see people head to the polls.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Cool man, sounds good. I'm just waiting to hear back from the guy about the spacers.

Anyone else have experience with spacers?
the only thing i know about spacers is that you will most likely need extended wheel studs, and depending on the length *possibly* open ended or longer lug nuts, but most likely not. depends on the size of the spacer you end up with.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
the only thing i know about spacers is that you will most likely need extended wheel studs, and depending on the length *possibly* open ended or longer lug nuts, but most likely not. depends on the size of the spacer you end up with.
yeah, i have them and both of you guys were right. if you dont have longer wheel studs your gonna have to re-torque them often. and its a good idea to get longer studs cuz it kinda seems scary without depending on what size spacer your using.

what size are you gonna use?? and ide say go with evo specific ones, it'll save you some time.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
yeah, i have them and both of you guys were right. if you dont have longer wheel studs your gonna have to re-torque them often. and its a good idea to get longer studs cuz it kinda seems scary without depending on what size spacer your using.

what size are you gonna use?? and ide say go with evo specific ones, it'll save you some time.

i need evo spacers 10mm where can i get 4 with lug nuts and extended lugs

oh eric remember my 100 degree intake temps hehe

On a side note can someone please give me the name of a really good traffic lawyer in the pittsburgh area i got a wreckless driving ticket for going like 140 through the liberty st tunnels. i wasnt really going that fast the cop is just a ****** and trying to **** me over.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled

F3ck Obama.

Down with McCain.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.adaptitusa.com/

Here is the site I was told that makes special adapters to vehicle specific specs. I guess it's kind of like a second hub with a second set of lugs. I'm not too sure how well that would work.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 07:39 PM

Normally mounted, no 17" wheel will fit on our cars unless it's extra special. But... I know of at least one guy who bought a special adapter/spacer to fit Evo VIII wheels on his X. I'm sure this would work with your wheels. As long as it's safe, I'm all for it. How did these things do in the snow?
i would not do that. i'd just get some 18's. i run a 2mm spacer in the front with my one set of enkei's cause they don't clear the stoptechBBK. they thread on fine. but a 10mm would also push them out pretty far away.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Soooo was bored tonight, and after i had to build new clutch lines from mine taking a dump on me, i wanted to see what kinda fireballs i could make...

enjoy!

this shlt actually hurts your chest inside and in surrounding cars..
Old Oct 4, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Mmmmmm cleaning out the carbon from the exhaust ehh.

So you did install that 5th spark plug in the exhaust

Thats some sweet anti-laggin goin on there . Now all we need to see is that anti-lag followed by a launch
Old Oct 4, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Mmmmmm cleaning out the carbon from the exhaust ehh.

So you did install that 5th spark plug in the exhaust

Thats some sweet anti-laggin goin on there . Now all we need to see is that anti-lag followed by a launch

im scared its building like 26 pounds of boost right there fearing destruction..

you funny ricer lol, only hondas use spark plugs
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

***** ****kas who knows a good lawyer in the area!!!
Old Oct 5, 2008, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodrivesme
***** ****kas who knows a good lawyer in the area!!!
I do work for a couple and have found them most helpful when I get in a pinch.

PM me if you want the ones I used info.

They got me out of a pretty large ticket recently.

Edit: I see you got your ticket within the city limits. I am somewhat of an expert in getting tickets in the city, having earned a few in the last 18 months.

One bright spot they didn't tow your car. Unlike the rest of the county the city, can and do tow cars for serious offenses.

You might want to send me your phone # and we'll go over what to expect etc etc.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Oct 5, 2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

details on anti-lag pls!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet