Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2008, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha yeah it was me i was going to get gas at sunoco. i guess its near your house. 6 cents off premium on wednesdays lol so it was 3.43 today not bad.. Eric showed me that gas station so now i always go there on wednesdays.

Last edited by evo823; Oct 8, 2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

who was on green tree road tonight around 7ish?

yellow evo, lots of carbon fiber?
Old Oct 8, 2008, 06:15 PM

Oki was that you on greengate rd today? I saw you but I was in the beater...823 I think I saw you earlier in the week too, on 130 right?
Old Oct 8, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

local Have A Few Things For Sale!!!

Turbo Xs Mbc

Greddy Rs Bov

Arp Headstuds

Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Old Oct 8, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Oki was that you on greengate rd today? I saw you but I was in the beater...823 I think I saw you earlier in the week too, on 130 right?
um well i was in the evo today (most of the time its beater time), but i wasn't ON greengate rd necessarily, i drove past it. i pretty much just stay on 30.

o yeah and sunoco is by my house. i live in that plan down there, below the high school, im sure you know where it is

Last edited by Oki Panoki; Oct 8, 2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

just weighed the evo tonight.

Came in at 3180 pounds

with:

3/4 tank of gas
full interior
a trunk full of stuff.

thought stock GSR's weigh like 3280 or 33xx ?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo823
haha yeah it was me i was going to get gas at sunoco. i guess its near your house. 6 cents off premium on wednesdays lol so it was 3.43 today not bad.. Eric showed me that gas station so now i always go there on wednesdays.
O man! What Sonoco is this? I usually drive out of my way to get Shell VPower in Jeannette.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

6 cents off premium on wednesdays?! WHAT, yeah where is this at?!

thats almost an excuse to make a full tank last me 7 days.

p.s anyone have a trunk bar for sale? My RS seems to be missing it

Last edited by killthelights14; Oct 9, 2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

you guys will honestly drive out of your way to save 72 cents on a fill up? Not trying to bash anyone i just don't understand that at all.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 09:43 AM

Any of the Greensburg locals have cables and Evoscan so I can log a few runs? I pulled my plugs a little while ago and was a bit concerned. Now, Im not good at reading plugs but it looked a little lean. Since then I put on the AMS front mount and didnt do anything else. This is out of pure laziness that I haven't checked and I would like to make sure Im not knockin like crazy.

What made me think of this is the last time I filled up with Sunoco the car seemed like it was knocking and pulling timing, but I just wrote that off as bad gas and summer heat but im thinkin I should take a second look. Just a few pulls should be all.

Edit.. I guess I could always try it at the meet too...

Last edited by EvoIan; Oct 9, 2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Afterthought
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Any of the Greensburg locals have cables and Evoscan so I can log a few runs? I pulled my plugs a little while ago and was a bit concerned. Now, Im not good at reading plugs but it looked a little lean. Since then I put on the AMS front mount and didnt do anything else. This is out of pure laziness that I haven't checked and I would like to make sure Im not knockin like crazy.

What made me think of this is the last time I filled up with Sunoco the car seemed like it was knocking and pulling timing, but I just wrote that off as bad gas and summer heat but im thinkin I should take a second look. Just a few pulls should be all.

If you ever over my way I would be more than willing to help you out....w/o a wideband it will be hard to know if your going lean, it is a possibility with the weather change though. First thing is def. check to see if its knocking and if its consistent at same rpm, load levels...
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by travman
If you ever over my way I would be more than willing to help you out....w/o a wideband it will be hard to know if your going lean, it is a possibility with the weather change though. First thing is def. check to see if its knocking and if its consistent at same rpm, load levels...
Cool. Thanks and I will let you know. Are you goin to that meet that I think is going on next weekend?

Also this coming spring/summer I want to get the downpipe, test pipe, UICP, LICP and get a good retune. At that point I am thinking of calling it quits for a while on the power mods and just getting it on the dyno. What brand/setup for the wideband would recommend?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Travis has helped me out greatly. If you dont want to wait, I have evoscan and a tactrix and i hope to be adjusting my maps tonight after i disable lean spool. You could atleast see if your hunch is right or not. If you want to adjust anything, thats up to you....if you want to reflash it there, you can do it. Im not to the point yet where i feel comfortable blowing up anyone's car unless its mine
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Cool. Thanks and I will let you know. Are you goin to that meet that I think is going on next weekend?

Also this coming spring/summer I want to get the downpipe, test pipe, UICP, LICP and get a good retune. At that point I am thinking of calling it quits for a while on the power mods and just getting it on the dyno. What brand/setup for the wideband would recommend?
No I wont be......im going to be in Martinsville, Va for a NAAAASCAR race.

For a wideband I would get the Zietronix ZT2 - its awesome, I had the LC1 and while its also great for tuning and monitoring but I wanted a little more than that out of a wideband (I use it to control the car).

Also the AEM wideband is great - its built into a gauge which makes it much more appealing to most. I have tuned a locals car w/ the AEM and it works great....

So I would say either of those (3) you will be happy......ease of use and install def. ZT2 or AEM

Last edited by travman; Oct 9, 2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in my wheels and tires.
Wheels are Enkei NT03+M 17x9.5 +38mm offset. With Bridgestone
Potenza RE050A Pole Positions in 255/40/17. No spacers or fender rolling
needed. Can run up to a 275 with rear fender rolling.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet