Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thegame
There's no way it beat the X around the track. I simply do not buy that. And the X wasn't too far behind the IX on the track either and I for sure don't buy a Cobalt beating a IX or even hanging with a IX on a track.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/13/i...obalt-ss-turbo

The dowel pin issue was with it fitting into place when installing.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt SS is fast believe it or not, but what hurts the X is power to weight ratio.
If you increase that it would be alot better car.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
I wouldn't worry too much Mike. I just looked up Cosworth and used this...

http://www.cosworth.com/contactus.php

Called them. The guy picked up right away - super nice guy. Said no "bad batch" was in existance. Did give some other info on how they have been broken, but suffice to say it's not due to a bad batch.

I think after all this time you're fine.
Your probaly right Denny, but I'm a paranoid ****...lol
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Your probaly right Denny, but I'm a paranoid ****...lol
Understood - when someone posts there is a "bad batch" when there isn't any proof of such, I'd worry too.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
There's no way it beat the X around the track. I simply do not buy that. And the X wasn't too far behind the IX on the track either and I for sure don't buy a Cobalt beating a IX or even hanging with a IX on a track.
I had a Cobalt SS/SC before my Evo and i can tell you, had the new SS/TC been out when i bought my Evo, i would have had a hard time buying the Evo. There are quite a few Cobalts in the Pittsburgh area that would scare stock evo for sure - and possibly a lightly modded one. I think the new SS/TC's will take that even further once the aftermarket and tuning catches up with them. Their only downfall in that category is they will only be around in 08 and 09 as they are killing it before 10.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Determined all of this already huh?? Damn you're good.
Here you go smart ***. this should speak for itself.

So if it was a bad batch, where are the other threads here on EvoM where others have experienced the same failure?
Dont know, not everyone who has cosworth cams live on EVOm, not to mention its something that does not happen on the daily.

You must be damn good to have talked Cosworth into replacing a broken cam sight-unseen that you purchased a year ago.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but its already been taken care of. Cosworth seems to appreciate its business, and make its customers happy.

I'm confused now...Did "good things come to those who wait"???
Denny, If your brain was half as big as your wallet you would understand

On a side note, are you taking a stock GSX to the meet? From a couple people i hear you are parting it out and selling it... must be sad you did not get your results from a "used" built motor Time to sell and buy something else??
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
If they made an X RS I would probably consider it. But 44k? There are real cars available for that.
Yeah I guess I should have clarified... 44K was the MR with the appearance package. I think the straight X's based for 33K? So its not like they are that much more, does only the MR have the AYC or all of them now?
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Yeah I guess I should have clarified... 44K was the MR with the appearance package. I think the straight X's based for 33K? So its not like they are that much more, does only the MR have the AYC or all of them now?
All of them...

still 44k for appearance and no extra juice? id rather save and have a reg. X and spend money for some more power
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Here you go smart ***. this should speak for itself.

Dont know, not everyone who has cosworth cams live on EVOm, not to mention its something that does not happen on the daily.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its already been taken care of. Cosworth seems to appreciate its business, and make its customers happy.

Denny, If your brain was half as big as your wallet you would understand

On a side note, are you taking a stock GSX to the meet? From a couple people i hear you are parting it out and selling it... must be sad you did not get your results from a "used" built motor Time to sell and buy something else??

ROFL - nice try, but since I'm on my way out the door from WORK (you remember what that is, right Eric??), I'll just give you a few things to think about until I can get home and post again...I know it took you all day of coming on here to figure out some sort of response, so go ahead and take your time.

Oh ouch, my used engine? First everyone knew that so that one really hurts. Not to mention the fact that MINE is in ONE PIECE and actually made a usable power band. See I don't lie to people like you do.

Second, everyone already knows I'm thinking about parting it out since I've driven it all of about 500 miles since I COMPLETED mine. Again, ouch - you really showed me, huh???

My brain must be big enough to make my wallet big and actually pay for everything I own, unlike all those school loan checks you are cashing to pay for your mods. Not to mention I don't have my Dad as a co-signer on my car loans, nor do I put my car on "layup insurance" since there is no disability involved on my end to get that. ROFL
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
let them stay around $44K keeps the value of the IX's up
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:57 PM
Account Disabled

That cam is broken real proper. Any pics of the whole camshaft for reference eric?
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

[quote=dennyt4;6230038]http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/13/i...obalt-ss-turboquote]

I feel no need to defend my model, but I will say that the GSR is quicker around the track than the MR. Softer suspension, added weight, etc... And that review didn't post any #'s so it's worthless in my opinion. Not to mention that they're claiming the Cobalt is quicker than the X MR, the STI, an Audi A5, a BMW 135, and a Honda S2000 - oh and I missed the Elise SC and the R32. I doubt it.

Not to mention that this article says the exact opposite. I trust Motor Trend over most other sources.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...ion/index.html
Old Oct 14, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

ROFL - nice try, but since I'm on my way out the door from WORK (you remember what that is, right Eric??), I'll just give you a few things to think about until I can get home and post again...I know it took you all day of coming on here to figure out some sort of response, so go ahead and take your time.

Oh ouch, my used engine? First everyone knew that so that one really hurts. Not to mention the fact that MINE is in ONE PIECE and actually made a usable power band. See I don't lie to people like you do.

Second, everyone already knows I'm thinking about parting it out since I've driven it all of about 500 miles since I COMPLETED mine. Again, ouch - you really showed me, huh???

My brain must be big enough to make my wallet big and actually pay for everything I own, unlike all those school loan checks you are cashing to pay for your mods. Not to mention I don't have my Dad as a co-signer on my car loans, nor do I put my car on "layup insurance" since there is no disability involved on my end to get that. ROFL
wow danny you willie got me gooooood!

you are honestly like a 5 year old. You have no patience, and as soon as something does not work out for you , you run and sell it to get something better... Here is a plan, rather than wasting $25,000 on a POS car that clinks and clunks with every shift why not buy a prebuilt car. try mario's car, I hear its a turn key 10 sec car for like $12,000... Thats right up your alley and you can actually win a race against one of us and maybe keep the car , well maybe you can get revenge on dan (thats until he puts his motor back in his car)

And i lie about power? haha okay. Are you that sad and pathetic that you are going to argue about numbers. maybe if you were not such a baby that day at wyotech you would have seen em... but you left about 10 minutes early..

As it goes for layup, please call your insurance company. Here is a little equation just to show you how it works (then again, you never have a single car on insurance for more than 3 months so you wouldnt know)

lets say $200 per month x 12 months = $2400.00
Ask for a layup and they toss you a price cut of like 20%
this requires the car to not be driven from say December 1st till march 1st
They ask the mileage, and location of the car.

then you only pay about $1920.00 (again just an example)

No matter of any issue. Wow the disabliltiy talks! wowza so i got a cosigner and there was an unfortunate turn of events??

you might not have that, but you are about 3 years away from

Old Oct 14, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
That cam is broken real proper. Any pics of the whole camshaft for reference eric?
will take some next time i am near the cam.. only have pictures of break area both sides. sorry
Old Oct 14, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
let them stay around $44K keeps the value of the IX's up
not really......cars will depreciate with every mile and every year. I don't think the X is making the last gen. evo any more valuable.....

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet