Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
You guys carry anything for the X?

Well, some dude already blew one up ... so i know we can get blocks

I will pm you with some information
Old Oct 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

^ I've never heard of anyone grenading a X yet. How did he manage that? That's probably one of the first.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by xsolowx
Brian:

the only thing i can say is stay away from a polished lip on a winter wheel....i have had several sets, which i was dumb and didnt take off the honda in the winter...the salt totally ruins the clear coat on the polished part and it ends up looking horrible....my falken wheels i have on my honda now look horrible after 1 winter..the entire lip it pitted...i had similar experiences with the 2 sets of enkeis i had on it as well......ill take some pics of how bad the ones on my honda look now if i get a minute this evening
my winter wheels are pitted and have polished lips, now i clean them with a scuff pad. they're graphite color, but will be black soon
Originally Posted by Thegame
Yeah, i think Denny had some salt damage too on the lip. I didn't really think about that. But I still think I'm gonna chance it. I clean my wheels at least once a week now and hosing them off a few times a week in the wintertime should be good. I didn't realize they actually put a clear coat on the lip. Is this really the case? I thought it was just polished bare aluminum.
yep, they're clear coated. as long as your keep them clean they will survive fine.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like to keep my political views to myself. But my god guys. Some of you are looking past the plans and what you think the end result is going to be. You have all formed your opinion and that is good. But what you guys are guessing is going to be the end result is based off of a very very small cross section of each candidates reform. Before you guys make statements like some of the ones above, take the time to read and compare. You guys are making judgements and speculations on 3 2 hour debates? Please.... Those are nothing more than ratings. No one really thinks that each candidates plan was completely exposed during those debates?

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/
Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
I like to keep my political views to myself. But my god guys. Some of you are looking past the plans and what you think the end result is going to be. You have all formed your opinion and that is good. But what you guys are guessing is going to be the end result is based off of a very very small cross section of each candidates reform. Before you guys make statements like some of the ones above, take the time to read and compare. You guys are making judgements and speculations on 3 2 hour debates? Please.... Those are nothing more than ratings. No one really thinks that each candidates plan was completely exposed during those debates?

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/
i cannot wait for this election to be over. i've had no luck talking politics with anybody with opposing views. when was the last time anyone changed anyone's view point?

it's useless and has no place on car forums. either of the choices are still politicians and therefore not to be trusted. they both will say anything at this point and the stupid commercials al the time. you know who pays for all this election stuff? it's us the taxpayers. for the past year, they have had secret service and 1st class accomadations on us!

i think the canadian elections last 3mos and they're done. but i really think we need to get back to some basics in the country.

as for taxes, i like the flat tax on everything and forget taxing our incomes. that way everyone has to pay, and no one gets taxed more or less. make it all the same=freedom
Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:53 AM

pdlturbo

pdlturbo - i knew that handle looked familiar. so you ***** the nasioc forums to talk mods, and you come to evom to talk politics! typical rex owner

were you at smithton hole rallyx?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by supasixfo
pdlturbo - i knew that handle looked familiar. so you ***** the nasioc forums to talk mods, and you come to evom to talk politics! typical rex owner

were you at smithton hole rallyx?
i make no bones about me being a suby owner, check the avitar. i have several friends here. i try not to talk politics anywhere, but sometimes i can't help myself.

i talk mods here too and nope, not at smithton hole. although i wanna try-just not in my car
Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

on a non-political happy note:

Ohio State can suck it this year....Nuff said
Old Oct 26, 2008, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by PDLTURBO
i talk mods here too and nope, not at smithton hole. although i wanna try-just not in my car
haha, i was just giving you crap - catch you around.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 02:01 AM

psu 4tmfw!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 02:03 AM

haha, i was just giving you crap - catch you around.
it is impressive how you roll in the evo. hope 2 see ya around!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 02:07 AM

Unhappy service recommendations?

HELP! clutch completely seized to floor. i can lift it back up temporarily into the un-engaged position, but as soon as you touch it, the pedal drops right back to the floor. clutch was replaced 1500 miles ago (mitsu service in CT botched the job though, and failed to reseal to transmission properly - was leaking oil for about 800 miles before i brought it back in). clutch was babied, never slipped or launched for about 1000 miles after that.

i was bouncing off the the tach when this occurred doing hard shifts. i botched several heel-toes, and had the clutch in for an extended period of time - suddenly i noticed the thing was stuck to the ground. with the car off, it will go into any gear, but with the car running, it would not go into any gear. now i can't even turn on the car.

initial evom search makes me think it is the throw-out bearing, or that the clutch may have possibly seized to the flywheel...any ideas - can anyone confirm these symptoms? also recommendations on where i can get this fixed in Pittsburgh? i'm in the cmu/pitt area. would likely have to get it towed to service - so the closer the better.

Last edited by supasixfo; Oct 26, 2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 02:58 AM

take it to mike at bariel mtsu in wexford! he's the man in these parts. although i think it could be clutch master cylinder.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

^^ what he said!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

HELP! clutch completely seized to floor. i can lift it back up temporarily into the un-engaged position, but as soon as you touch it, the pedal drops right back to the floor. clutch was replaced 1500 miles ago (mitsu service in CT botched the job though, and failed to reseal to transmission properly - was leaking oil for about 800 miles before i brought it back in). clutch was babied, never slipped or launched for about 1000 miles after that.

i was bouncing off the the tach when this occurred doing hard shifts. i botched several heel-toes, and had the clutch in for an extended period of time - suddenly i noticed the thing was stuck to the ground. with the car off, it will go into any gear, but with the car running, it would not go into any gear. now i can't even turn on the car.

initial evom search makes me think it is the throw-out bearing, or that the clutch may have possibly seized to the flywheel...any ideas - can anyone confirm these symptoms? also recommendations on where i can get this fixed in Pittsburgh? i'm in the cmu/pitt area. would likely have to get it towed to service - so the closer the better.
Sounds like a tranny fluid leak again. Peteypab had just experienced the same thing and had the hard tranny line split and leaking fluid like a ****. Pedal just went to the floor and was stuck in gear. Start there first if you didnt look at that already

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet