Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
every state requires a cat. Certain counties, and full states do not require emissions testing to be done. The misconception floating around is if you get exempt stickers on your car because you plan to drive less than 5,000 miles per year you do not need a cat. False. You are not allowed to remove a cat for any reason. If the car came from the factory with one, one must stay on it.
Right. It is not a State Law though. It's a Federal Law.

E.P.A. guidelines state that replacement converters may be installed only in the following situations:

1. The vehicle is missing a converter
2. A state or local inspection program has determined that the existing converter needs replacement
3. Vehicles manufactured prior to 1996 must have more than 50,000 miles, and a legitimate need for replacement must be established and documented
4. In cases of OBD Il-equipped vehicles (1996 and later), the O.E. manufacturer's 8-year/80,000-mile warranty must have expired and a legitimate need for replacement must be established and documented.

Please note that Federal law prohibits removal or replacement of a properly functioning O.E. converter.

When replacement of the converter is appropriate (as outlined above), the E.P.A. further requires that:

1. It be installed in the same location as the original
2. It be the same type as the original (i.e., two-way, three-way, three-way plus air/three-way plus oxidation)
3. It be the proper model for the vehicle application as determined and specified by the manufacturer
4. It be properly connected to any existing air injection components on the vehicle
5. It be installed with any other required converter for a particular application
6. It be accompanied by a warranty information card to be completed by the installer.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
I saw you in Gbg earlier in the week and I was wandering if that was you.... couldn't see in with the tint. Looks sick man! That subie rumble almost got me in one in the first place!
Yep, that was me! Were you in the EVO? I didn't see you? Unless you put the silver enkeis back on?!

Originally Posted by PDLTURBO
nice lookin suby! there is the monthly suby meet next wednesday at quaker steak n lube robinson. we already have one evo that comes
I've heard about those, if I have nothing going on maybe I'll shoot down! Aren't they every other week? and thanks

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
that sti is nice, if i ever had one ide only be in black... looks agressive. btw, that was me that yelled at you out the window along time ago by Mt. view . i was sick at the time so idk even know if you heard me. and i think i see, your dad maybe??, driving to work quite often, i think today was one of those days
Thanks...no I don't remember what were you driving / in? Could be him...hummer h2?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
The only place I would trust in Monroeville is Biondi. They actually did a good job the last time they mounted tires on my car. I'm trying to get my tires sqaured away too. I got the wheels, just waiting on the tires. I think I'm gonna go to Biondi. It's close.
i forgot they moved to monroeville proper. the last time i was out there was for the spring binding in my blue viii. i vowed never to go back after their jackass mechanic had the car up on the lift long enough to see my rear sway bar, and immediately took it down and told me that was the problem. even though i told him the noise was coming from the front of the car.

i just looked at the weather, looks like it is supposed to warm up for about the next week or so, so i think i am going to put off the tires until later next week and just head up to baierl.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 01:49 PM

Yep Im back to the silver wheels for now. I am thinking of powder coating this set too... The other tires were too worn to keep driving on them so I just switched.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVORaab
Thanks...no I don't remember what were you driving / in? Could be him...hummer h2?
nah the evo. tried to piece things together, thought maybe it was him
Old Oct 29, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
nah the evo. tried to piece things together, thought maybe it was him
My evo or you were in your evo?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVORaab
My evo or you were in your evo?
i see someone driving your evo around, all i can see is.. i think he has a beard lol. hard to see with the tint
Old Oct 30, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
i forgot they moved to monroeville proper. the last time i was out there was for the spring binding in my blue viii. i vowed never to go back after their jackass mechanic had the car up on the lift long enough to see my rear sway bar, and immediately took it down and told me that was the problem. even though i told him the noise was coming from the front of the car.

i just looked at the weather, looks like it is supposed to warm up for about the next week or so, so i think i am going to put off the tires until later next week and just head up to baierl.
Oh I've had my fair share of incidents with them. But an extra set of wheels and tires won't fit in the X so I have to go local. Baierl is way out of the question. At any rate, my dad took my new wheels and tires to Biondi today to get them mounted. They actually didn't scratch them. I wouldn't really care even if they did because afterall they are cheap wheels. Now the bad part - They did not have a "small enough cone to fit my wheels on the balancer so they couldn't balance them." My dad said he then went up the street to NTB and they balanced them no problem. Sometimes I just don't get shops. But hey, whatever, no big deal, they only charged for the mounting. But... it seems every time I go to Biondi something goes wrong.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
hey does anyone know of any reputable tire shops in monroeville area?

somewhere i could be in and out of on my lunch break tomorrow or thursday that i can actually trust not to ruin my wheels.

i gotta get these damn summer tires off if this weather is going to be like this, and unfortunately baierl doesn't have saturday service hours.
Sears. When I worked at sears during college the guys messed up wheels a few times. I was the guy who would inspect them and be like, hey you guys ****ed those wheels up, those marks are from a tire machine. Cut him a check and don't let it happen again. I actually cut a check for a brand new full siezed dully diesel that had chrome wheels that we scratched. If you pursue it hard enough sears is big enough that they will be able to pay for the damage.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
Sears. When I worked at sears during college the guys messed up wheels a few times. I was the guy who would inspect them and be like, hey you guys ****ed those wheels up, those marks are from a tire machine. Cut him a check and don't let it happen again. I actually cut a check for a brand new full siezed dully diesel that had chrome wheels that we scratched. If you pursue it hard enough sears is big enough that they will be able to pay for the damage.
yeah, i just don't feel like dealing with any bullsh*t. i would rather just have it done right the first time then to have to fight with them to replace wheels that cost around 800 a piece from mitsu.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

anyone know where i might be able to get inspection and emission in westmorland county. heavily modded and roll cage haha or can you guys explain to me whats up with like the waved emission if you drive less than 5k miles a year? thanks
Old Oct 30, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

think you will make it to the track this weekend ryan?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 06:45 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
think you will make it to the track this weekend ryan?
Ya im on the sbr account again im lazy but jesus eric you know the answer to that... no.. nate and nate had my motor mounts stolen by andrew or lost them!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting info top speed trap areas in western PA

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...402/index.html

Also interesting tickets per township...they write a lot of tickets for even 5mph over the speed limit

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...57/detail.html
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
Interesting info top speed trap areas in western PA

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...402/index.html

Also interesting tickets per township...they write a lot of tickets for even 5mph over the speed limit

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...57/detail.html
5MPH over is no points and people are more willing to pay the fine. People also think that is some warped way they are being given a "break" by the police.

I've never gotten a ticket, no matter how small that i did not fight.

Extortion sucks.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet