Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Well I sure as hell don't accumulate debt for the hell of it thats for sure..lol..of course I try to pay off everything quick as possible, but with house, wife, kid you do what you can do.
I hear ya!

So you moved near the anus of the east coast huh? Well at least the taint..NJ might be the anus...lol We are a soap opera up in this biatch!
Pittsburgh is definitely up there when compared to the other East COast cities I've been to. Having said that, I couldn't care less either way. The work here is better, pays considerably better and I am closer to the extended family. That's the nice thing about being an IT contractor (read *****). Companies use you and throw you out once they r done with you, but hey, the upside is you get to charge them exorbitantly to your satisfaction and get to see all sorts of places around the country at their expense.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodrivesme
Look at it this way, Obama is a f*cking saint compared to Biden if Biden becomes pres im getting the f*ck out of this country.
why would that be a bad thing?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

mMmMM politics.

what a waste of time. everything is cyclical. checks and balances etc etc.

I am not going to hop into this argument because what happened happened and cannot be changed, but i will say this. One major thing that i definitely do not agree with is the soon to be gun laws (and i am fairly certain they wont pass because of senators demographic origins.)

redistribution of wealth has been happening for a little while now, so you can see some current things like the government bail outs. also a small amount of government intervention.

I just cant beleive we have a guy with the name Hussein

Barack Hussein Obama II

sounds so much like a name we tend to fight.

I wonder what would have happened if a certian Mike Ditka would have ran for senate in 2004
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I cannot believe I missed a three page politics discussion and I was not apart of.

The sad truth... Yesterday on election day a man was elected based on Race alone rather than policies. Say what you want, but African American and Hispanic voters wanted to see Obama in office for one reason. And it wasn't because he's going to fix Social Security. This equally works for whites as well who voted for McCain strictly because McCain was white. But the numbers show the African American vote being something like 96% to 3%. The white vote was in the ball park of like 60% (for McCain) and 40% (for Obama.) I just wished we would've voted on the issues rather than the color / gender of the candidates.

Liberal Politics... I cannot comprehend how any of the liberal prespectives can be truley believed in.

On one hand they're going to say it's okay to rip a living fetus out of a mother. But the deather penalty is cruel and unusual punishment for a murderer.

You'll come to find that Barack's "policies" weren't all that they were cracked up to be.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Wow, I cannot believe I missed a three page politics discussion and I was not apart of.

The sad truth... Yesterday on election day a man was elected based on Race alone rather than policies. Say what you want, but African American and Hispanic voters wanted to see Obama in office for one reason. And it wasn't because he's going to fix Social Security. This equally works for whites as well who voted for McCain strictly because McCain was white. But the numbers show the African American vote being something like 96% to 3%. The white vote was in the ball park of like 60% (for McCain) and 40% (for Obama.) I just wished we would've voted on the issues rather than the color / gender of the candidates.

Liberal Politics... I cannot comprehend how any of the liberal prespectives can be truley believed in.

On one hand they're going to say it's okay to rip a living fetus out of a mother. But the deather penalty is cruel and unusual punishment for a murderer.

You'll come to find that Barack's "policies" weren't all that they were cracked up to be.
that is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Obama

He stood very far to the left during his (very) short term in the Senate. With Republicans being blamed for everything, all Obama had to do was cross the line a little bit... "We'll look at drilling offshore." "The death penalty is okay only if the nature of the crime is severe enough." "We will withdraw from Iraq in a responsible manner." - Obama.

I guess we'll never learn from our own mistakes or even our mortal enemies mistakes. IE Soviets and Afghanistan, Us and Vietnam.

Let's jump in without thinking (I agree we acted too quickly), but the Democrats are going to make a bigger mistake throwing it all away when we suddenly turn it over to the Iraqi government. The term ARVIN ring a bell? A repeat incident perhaps? They may be capable, but they just aren't ready. Morale isn't extremely high for a young Iraqi.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
You need to read some of Obama's books then. Those are even better.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
Well, which part, the top or bottom? You cannot possibly disagree with the top?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame

I dont agree with the race statement....even if every african american person voted for him, they compromise less than 10% of the US population. Probably around 6-7%. Latino population is slightly higher...maybe 8-9% range. So that accounts for less than 20% of the population....which means the OTHER 80% had a large part to do with the results..sorry ..cant blame it on race...

as far as other policies, different people have different opinions and backgrounds...but on the other hand differences are what make our country so unique..
Old Nov 5, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

^ I agree. But that 10-20% was more than enough to cover the difference of the vote. They were the difference makers.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

My Conservative veiwpoints don't agree with many people these days. So I'll stop it here.

Barack Obama is going to be our new president. I hope he can deliver part of his promises. (I didn't disagree with all of them.) (If they were true.) We'll see what happens. I haven't always been a strict GOP supporter. If Obama makes a drastic change and I like what I see, who knows? Four years from now I might vote for him.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

I still have a few items for sale

BRAND NEW NEVER USED BUSCHUR RACING LOWER INTERCOOLER PIPE FOR STOCK TURBO (sold)

GREDDY RS BOV

TURBO XS MBC

ARP HEADSTUDS

52mm TRIPLE GAUGE POD

(NIB) NGK BPR7EIX Spark Plugs
Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=379550

Some pretty sick parts for the X's. How do you get invited to SEMA? Why don't they have it open to the public?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:02 PM
Account Disabled

I can't wait till Obama organizes the camping trip where all the people who want to f3cking kill us are invited. They can sit around f3cking roasting smores and singing kumbaya songs and ****.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

LOL i love how everyone is talking politecs and steelcityevo is like yeah so anyways i still have **** for sale :LOL:

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet