Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by killthelights14
yeah if anyone here wants to spend some time with me to teach me the basics that would be awesome. I plan on buying a tactrix cable this weekend (version 1.3 correct? tactrix.com only has 2.0 it seems..) and getting evo scan.. Im gonna do some heavy reading on oem ecu flashing since i only have turbo xs utec experience...if anyone can shoot me a PM to discuss a time we could meet up and figure this out that would be a plus
You can buy the 1.3 cable through evoscans website
Old Nov 12, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

yeah from new zealand correct? LOL damn you would think there would be a closer place. I guess ill just order that up when i get paid friday. I hate being a poor college student.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

yeah from new zealand correct? LOL damn you would think there would be a closer place. I guess ill just order that up when i get paid friday. I hate being a poor college student.
yep that is the place.....better than paying $189.00 for a cable you would never use to its full advantage anyway.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
++points=$$$insurance
Only with certain insurance companies. I was straight up and called my agent during my last ticket and explained to him what happened. He told me that State Farm does not care about tickets. They care about at-fault accidents. My premiums never went anywhere but down.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Only with certain insurance companies. I was straight up and called my agent during my last ticket and explained to him what happened. He told me that State Farm does not care about tickets. They care about at-fault accidents. My premiums never went anywhere but down.
Yeah plus i always heard that tickets are'nt really reported to insurance companies and they only way they ever see points is if you switch carriers and they have to look at your driving record or if you somehow change your policy that requires a driving record to be checked.......accidents are for sure there main concern, state farm is hands down a great insurance company.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Yeah plus i always heard that tickets are'nt really reported to insurance companies and they only way they ever see points is if you switch carriers and they have to look at your driving record or if you somehow change your policy that requires a driving record to be checked.......accidents are for sure there main concern, state farm is hands down a great insurance company.
They are good. Great service and reasonable rates have kept them #1 in the industry. They might be slightly higher than others when it comes to premiums, but they do take very good care of their customers. I never even shopped around. The coverage they offered me was literally around 50% less than what I was currently paying. I couldn't turn that down. I ended up with a better comp deductible and a supplementary health insurance plan.

I've posted this before, but I became well acquainted with the Body shop manager at Biondi. (Unfortunately he's gone now.) Most insurance companies like Allstate, Safeauto, Geico, progressive, travelers, motorists mutual, etc. all allow the use the aftermarket equipment or used parts for repairs. (When I'm talking aftermarket, I don't mean Varis or Jun... I mean generic parts made in China or Mexico.)

The two companies that require OEM parts for repairs are Erie and State Farm. (There could be others, but those two for sure.) The only way non-OEM parts are allowed is if the OEM part is discontinued or MIA.

Just one other small benefit of the company some aren't aware of.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

State Farm has been good to me as well. Pricey, but good. When the Evo was broken into they replaced them with OEM parts at the dealer without arguement.

Chubb Group, an isuruer that caters to people who are better off is the best.

State Farm does look for convictions on your driving record. They really don't seem to ding you hard except for getting over six points and losing your license or a DUI.

At that point they can and will drop your coverage. State Farm does not seem to like higher risk clients. For example, since my wife and I(pre marriage different policies) were both robbed our homeowners insurance premium is quite high.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 06:52 PM

Hopefully you have better luck than me... I just got mine and it took three weeks cuz they were on backorder
Old Nov 12, 2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
State Farm has been good to me as well. Pricey, but good. When the Evo was broken into they replaced them with OEM parts at the dealer without arguement.

Chubb Group, an isuruer that caters to people who are better off is the best.

State Farm does look for convictions on your driving record. They really don't seem to ding you hard except for getting over six points and losing your license or a DUI.

At that point they can and will drop your coverage. State Farm does not seem to like higher risk clients. For example, since my wife and I(pre marriage different policies) were both robbed our homeowners insurance premium is quite high.
When I got the Evo there was conveniently a mix up at the dealer with the VIN they gave me to get quote on insurance. I realized a few months in that I wasn't drivin a Lancer ES... After staightening it out my rate went up to close to 200/mo and Erie sent me a letter that they normally wouldnt insure a high risk client like me but due to the situation they agreed to honor my policy. So I guess Erie is the same way.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Ive been thinking of getting a quote through Erie just to see if I could save any money - but my safe driver discount with State Farm would be tough to give up. I doubt Erie could do any better for me than what I have with State Farm, plus they really give you 0 run around when you have a problem.....

I have received quotes from every respectable insurance company (except for erie) and nobody could beat State Farm, only one that did was Esurance - they wanted 450.00 ever 6 months but I was scared of the coverage and wouldn't go through with it. I would have only saved $130.00 every 6 months and that wasn't worth losing state farm for.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by travman
Ive been thinking of getting a quote through Erie just to see if I could save any money - but my safe driver discount with State Farm would be tough to give up. I doubt Erie could do any better for me than what I have with State Farm, plus they really give you 0 run around when you have a problem.....

I have received quotes from every respectable insurance company (except for erie) and nobody could beat State Farm, only one that did was Esurance - they wanted 450.00 ever 6 months but I was scared of the coverage and wouldn't go through with it. I would have only saved $130.00 every 6 months and that wasn't worth losing state farm for.
Same here. No matter how hard I try to give up state farm, I just can't because of the coverage/rate combination they provide. They also consider just 3 years of driving experience to treat you as an "Experienced" driver. Most companies like geico etc consider 5. I even tried Ameriprise and have had no luck with the rate.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

One odd thing with State farm. Ask for a quote on an umbrella policy. If you have both they give you a discount on your auto insurance that could end up costing you LESS FOR BOTH then it is just for auto. Probably because EVO's are so expensive and 20% off is A LOT while umbrella policies are very cheap for 1,000,000 policies.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
One odd thing with State farm. Ask for a quote on an umbrella policy. If you have both they give you a discount on your auto insurance that could end up costing you LESS FOR BOTH then it is just for auto. Probably because EVO's are so expensive and 20% off is A LOT while umbrella policies are very cheap for 1,000,000 policies.
Which is exactly how I ended up with this supplementary health insurance. It ends up being cheaper for both combined when you factor in the discount. My agent took care of me!

You're probably right about rising rates for a severe violation. But my old company raised them for a ple-bargained 6 over (0 points), a stop sign (4 points), and a traffic control signals (0 points.) I told my state farm agent about it and he said it didn't matter. Then I got my red light ticket (4 points) and called him up again. Once again he said it wouldn't matter. he said I would only be affected by the fact that I would not qualify for the safe driver discount. It hasn't made a difference yet. On the other hand, I'm sure you would see a difference if you got a 100 in a 45 and a wreckless driving. Or just an automatic drop like you said. That's just business.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Sell your car and get this one.

Even has a cat.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=370122
Old Nov 13, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

heyeeelllll nahhhh. I had an opportunity to jump on a red one, but i love the white...well its dirty as hell now

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet