Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I dont know if I had posted pics of some of the stuff that I had gathered up lately so here are a few more things I got chillin in the garage waitin for the moment of truth

Buschur Racing stage 3 head and BF 272's

Buschwacker TC w/ RS diff installed

Buschur Double Pumper

Precision 1600cc injectors (E85)

Buschur Racing 4in. Race FMIC and IC piping

Buschwacker Built Tranny

Extrude Honed IM ( Eric I need it back focker )

Turbo Billet wheel Hottness

FS635 Close Up

Bunch O Stuff

More Portwork and The Stage 3 Block all wrapped up

Last edited by steelcityevo8; Nov 17, 2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 06:03 PM
Account Disabled

Nice, just keep the beer till next summer. I'll drive my DSM back out to an evo meet and you can give it to me then. I don't want it to spill in the evo. Funny thing about that trip out to pittsburgh. My engine was misfiring, idling badly, and started blowing smoke on startup and sometimes idle. Found out when I got home after that weekend that I had a broken rocker laying in the cylinder head. Turns out that 15 working valves is ok and a broken rocker will chill out just fine in the cylinder head for a few hundred miles LOL!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by killthelights14
so i just found out that ill probably be going to point park for my BS in mechanical engineering for probably another 3 years (if i go full time)...so that's what.. 6 years if i have my job pay for me to go there?

damn. i really hope it pays off. -_-
Let me know if you need any help man! I just earned my. Bsme at Pitt. Good luck!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
Found out when I got home after that weekend that I had a broken rocker laying in the cylinder head. Turns out that 15 working valves is ok and a broken rocker will chill out just fine in the cylinder head for a few hundred miles LOL!
wish cams worked that way. when one stops spinning, the other well... wont do much

never sent it back to cosworth. just going to make something fun out of it, mabe a lamp or something.. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 06:38 PM
Account Disabled

Yeah I went back to stock cams. The broken rocker (due to a ton of lift) is what sent me ballistic. I put in stock cams and ran 4mph faster go figure. Too bad the head is damaged pretty badly already. I honest to goodness went to the barn, grabbed my stock cams, sandpapered the rust off them and went 4 ****ing mph faster.

The broken cam? My dog buddy would love it. Ask travis, my retarded dog eats rocks.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

I mean i kno builds pics are gay but, holy cow!

Looks like you might be almost ready for install?

So is this car going to trap 155mph? Thats just insane IMO. I want a ride!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
I mean i kno builds pics are gay but, holy cow!

Looks like you might be almost ready for install?

So is this car going to trap 155mph? Thats just insane IMO. I want a ride!
My car is too heavy to go 155!! I dont like to make predictions. I guess I will have to wait and see how it go's

As far as install , I still have alot of stuff that I want to get prior to building. I dont want to cut corners. I would rather have it sit than come up short of my goals , all because I was impatient and jumped the gun on it
Old Nov 17, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
My car is too heavy to go 155!! I dont like to make predictions. I guess I will have to wait and see how it go's

As far as install , I still have alot of stuff that I want to get prior to building. I dont want to cut corners. I would rather have it sit than come up short of my goals , all because I was impatient and jumped the gun on it
that's the way to do it man. get it done right the first time!

**** is looking good dan.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
wish cams worked that way. when one stops spinning, the other well... wont do much

never sent it back to cosworth. just going to make something fun out of it, mabe a lamp or something.. Any suggestions?
So cosworth just gave you a new cam and did not require the defect to be sent back for inspection to determine why it broke? Usually if its a warranty/defect item they make you send stuff back - pretty cool they admitted defeat so easily...
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

mmm finally someone that will be able to keep up im picking my car up today i think! to bad there is snow everywhere lol
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

so im in the process of designing an intake manifold for the evo since im going to school for mechanical drafting right now. I was wondering what you guys would like to see in an intake manifold. I was thinking about doing something similar to the AMS design only with the throttle body section be more cuved towards the front of the car so there is a straighter piping route.

give me some ideas! even if its not an intake manifold since its just an idea for now and didnt really start yet
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
So cosworth just gave you a new cam and did not require the defect to be sent back for inspection to determine why it broke? Usually if its a warranty/defect item they make you send stuff back - pretty cool they admitted defeat so easily...
if anyone wants to inspect it i have it on hand, maybe someone can give me some input on it... I did not pay for the new one either, evodrivesme (ryan) will vouch for that, he deals with sbr/tpg first hand also.

Ryan, i stopped by and was watching your car idle. its so quiet

Nate had all but moving, and said dyno by the weekend maybe?

weather sucks.

After looking EVERYWHERE for a part # maybe a local can help.

I am looking for an alternator brace and alternator stay for my 9 They are totally different from an 8 to a 9. Maybe someone with a service manual can help.

For an 8 the brace is like # mn 119680 and stay is like mn 115860

thanks in advance!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
I did not pay for the new one either, evodrivesme (ryan) will vouch for that, he deals with sbr/tpg first hand also.
easy cowboy....nobody even claimed you didn't pay for it?

Its just surprising cosworth didn't require the other cam to go back for inspection seeing how it was a manufacturing defect. Cant beat a company standing behind there parts due to failure - if I wasn't on the stock cams fo-life bandwagon that is a good selling point.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
easy cowboy....nobody even claimed you didn't pay for it?

Its just surprising cosworth didn't require the other cam to go back for inspection seeing how it was a manufacturing defect. Cant beat a company standing behind there parts due to failure - if I wasn't on the stock cams fo-life bandwagon that is a good selling point.
I think once a company gets as large as cosworth they may just not care.
It may help them in future R&D but in the mean time if they attempted to call back thousands of cams and force uninstalls from people they would also be forced to pay the labor fee's which i am sure they may not be interested in either.

Dell sent me out a replacement HD for my computer once, had a return box to send it in, and i forgot for like a month. called them explained to them and the dude told me not to worry about it.

I like the products of cosi, just to expensive for me.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

well im starting the manifold and the hardest part is making the flange for the intake manifold. Im copying the dimensions out of a Hondata heatshield gasket i have. Here is a quick capture of the overall dimensions of the flange. No round or radius are inserted yet (only some). I found some good info for calculations on runner length and overall size. Still debating if i want to make this manifold for a big turbo car or a car with a smaller turbo such as the fpgreen and red.

If anyone has an extra intake manifold around that doesn't need it and is okay with letting me see if for a couple days let me know

Last edited by killthelights14; Nov 19, 2008 at 09:48 AM.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet