Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you like it? im thinking about getting it on monday...
Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled

I wonder if we could run ecuflash on a Palm or something so that you can log without having to break out the laptop all the time?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
I wonder if we could run ecuflash on a Palm or something so that you can log without having to break out the laptop all the time?
Vince from north versailles had a palm pilot that he used for "tuning" he showed me how he could access it almost like a lap top. I am going to search around because i think there are a few doing it.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killthelights14
do you like it? im thinking about getting it on monday...
so far yes i love it. the touch screen takes a bit of getting used to, and it will never be as fast or convenient for typing as my 8703 with a physical keyboard, but it's a badass phone, and has way more fun/gadget features than the regular blackberries do.

it supports open office as well, so i can view or edit power point, word docs, spreadsheets, etc...

the audio/video is cool too. this is the first phone i have had that plays mp3's and video.

i just wish the memory card wasn't a microSD. i prefer miniSD like my camera because you can get much larger capacity storage. currently with the microSD i believe i am limited to 16 gig (phone comes stock with an 8 gig card). that may be a limit of the OS on the phone, or a physical hardware limit, but at any rate it wouldn't even hold 5% of my media collection.

the clickable screen is nice too. it makes it feel more real.

only other real complaints i have about it are that it doesn't come with a holster like my previous two bb's. i just liked being able to keep the phone clipped to my pocket so it wasn't sliding around loose in there, and the fact that the phone automatically locked the keypad when i put it in there. there is also a small gap on the storm around the screen that is noticeable in the dark because a little of the back light spills out.

minor complaints though.

i am a blackberry addict though. so i tend to get very granular with my reviews of them. i messed around with the curve and the world phone yesterday just to make sure i didn't prefer either of them over the storm. frankly i wasn't impressed. i don't like the trackball navigation. i prefer either the wheel or the touch screen.

although the bold looks like it might be nifty. i don't think verizon will be getting that though.

Last edited by MondoBongo; Nov 22, 2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

thats awesome im def gonna go check them out tomorrow. It doesnt have wifi correct? not that it really matters since i always have my ipod touch with me that i use for wifi..but it would be nice.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like i missed the boat by 2 months. I picked up a BB Curve at the end of Aug. I have mixed feelings about it. I should have done research and waited till this one came out.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Vince from north versailles had a palm pilot that he used for "tuning" he showed me how he could access it almost like a lap top. I am going to search around because i think there are a few doing it.
saw him in pittsburgh last night during light up night.

also was any body driving on 376 East tonight, right before the squirel hill tunnel i saw someone i think it was black. i was on the last entrance ramp before the tunnel.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

that is correct. no wifi on the storm.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Justin I got the Storm also, how do you like it?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Mike I love it. Hasn't left my hands for two days.

How do you like it?

One warning though. If you have a blackberry already and attempt to transfer your data to storm va
Desktop manager, it will overwrite your service books and they will need to be resent.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yep I read that, I haven't installed desktop manager and probaly won't till
the new software upgrade is around. I love it, well I think I will love it, it's got
a few quirks right now but nothing to take away from the overall experience.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

all phones, especially PDA's have quirks. i am hoping they correct a good portion of them with the first firmware update.

the only other thing i noticed today was when i put my jacket on and was talking on the phone. i tried to hold it with my should not even thinking about the touch screen and hung up on my grandma.

it really is a cool phone though. i downloaded their software developer toolkit the other day, so soon i think i will be trying to learn Java so that i can design applications for it. not sure how that is going to go because Java is a tricky language, but i found some decent source examples as well. should be interesting if nothing else.

did you get any screen protectors for it? i picked up a few at verizon yesterday just in case. they don't seem to interfere with the look or operation of the touch screen at all, and were only 8 bucks for a pack of 3. although i did also try to buy a holster for it, and when i put phone in to it for the first time it got gunk all over my damn fone. i guess there was something inside the case that rubbed off. luckily it cleaned up and i took the case back.

hopefully seido will come out with some nice accessories sometime soon.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2977

nothing yet since the phone is so new, but i have a gotten a couple things in the past from seido for my 7250 and 8703, and they always make good sh*t.

i love their extended batteries. they made my fones a bit bulkier, but i could use my phone normally and not need to charge it for three and a half days if necessary, which was nice.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

The IPhone is still better.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
The IPhone is still better.
Zach Morris says: "In your dreams....."

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet