Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evol.ved
The IPhone is still better.
+1
Old Nov 24, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

As a toy....yes!
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

it's too bad that RIM is based in canada. they make cool stuff. i would really like to get a RIM job.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

gotta love those RIM jobs
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

lol...Noice!
Old Nov 24, 2008, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

anyways. uhhh who wants me to make seat lowering brackets (like binary) and sell for 50-70 bucks instead of 114?! Im also looking into making some LICP, intakes, downpipes and some suspension components. My Intake manifold is still scheduled to release by beginning of summer at the latest.

im officially here to **** off and raise hell among other vendors.

oh and once the time comes i will need local testers for the parts. Free parts are always fun

Last edited by killthelights14; Nov 24, 2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killthelights14
anyways. uhhh who wants me to make seat lowering brackets (like binary) and sell for 50-70 bucks instead of 114?! Im also looking into making some LICP, intakes, downpipes and some suspension components. My Intake manifold is still scheduled to release by beginning of summer at the latest.

oh and once the time comes i will need local testers for the parts. Free parts are always fun
You better sign up for a vendor account on evom so u can start to advertise, you will get in trouble by the evom po po for endorsing products and not being a vendor.

Last edited by travman; Nov 24, 2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I'd hate to agree with that statement, I am afraid he is right. Whatever the iPhone does, it does leaps and bounds better than most phones out there. It only looses out in the "can do/cannot do" comparison. But if there's something it can do, it is definitely premium quality.

Having said that, I'd never buy any apple product as long as their friggin predatory practices go unchecked. My money, My vote. I however had to succumb to my wife's choice when she asked me to get her the iPhone as a B'Day gift. LOL, so much for my ideals ! My money, My vote, My ***
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

wow your that serious about this that your gonna sell parts you created on here. ide be very affraid of that if something were to go wrong... especially suspension parts. to you, im just not sure i would put myself in your place
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

very well, looking into getting a vendor account now. This is what i have wanted to do ever since i was 15. I will be 20 in January and have (what i think) is the knowledge to compete with some of these other competitors. Also having the resources (schools and university's) and the ability to get the raw materials needed i can finally say that i am ready to start.

and yeah evo-m 5-0 already warned me cause i threatened AMS and buschur for making thier prices sky high. and for trying to give dynolicious software for the ipod out for free on here.

As you can see i like my money, and i dont like wasting it. I know how much it costs to make some of these overpriced parts, and im not talking about "jdm" parts, I am talking about the good ol' parts made right here in the states. The way that i see it is if i can provide the community with tested, reasonably priced, easily manufactured parts, the people will buy. Its going to be hard to convince an enthusiast to buy a performace part of a 20 year old but this is what i want to do the rest of my life..Right now im in no "need" to make thousands and thousands off parts, but if i can make some extra cash to help me pay to get my second degree in mechanical engineering then that is a plus! i dont really like idea of having a boss so 10 years from now i really hope to be making a living off it.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

very well, looking into getting a vendor account now. This is what i have wanted to do ever since i was 15. I will be 20 in January and have (what i think) is the knowledge to compete with some of these other competitors. Also having the resources (schools and university's) and the ability to get the raw materials needed i can finally say that i am ready to start.

and yeah evo-m 5-0 already warned me cause i threatened AMS and buschur for making thier prices sky high. and for trying to give dynolicious software for the ipod out for free on here.

As you can see i like my money, and i dont like wasting it. I know how much it costs to make some of these overpriced parts, and im not talking about "jdm" parts, I am talking about the good ol' parts made right here in the states. The way that i see it is if i can provide the community with tested, reasonably priced, easily manufactured parts, the people will buy. Its going to be hard to convince an enthusiast to buy a performace part of a 20 year old but this is what i want to do the rest of my life..Right now im in no "need" to make thousands and thousands off parts, but if i can make some extra cash to help me pay to get my second degree in mechanical engineering then that is a plus! i dont really like idea of having a boss so 10 years from now i really hope to be making a living off it.
from what i have heard becoming a vendor on evoM isn't nearly worth it. mostly it is more a form of branding, and most likely you won't see much of a return on your investment.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
from what i have heard becoming a vendor on evoM isn't nearly worth it. mostly it is more a form of branding, and most likely you won't see much of a return on your investment.
Sucks but you have to be a vendor to promote and push product on **** evom!

IndyEvo who R&D the wilson manifold buschur sells had been banned and harrassed about this matter. Even though he didnt even sell a single manifold. They have all been sold thru Buschur and AWDMotorsports.WTF

****'s!!!
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

nothing like using draconian tactics to enforce the integrity of your revenue stream.

i remember seeing that thread where IndyEvo got banned. seems like the ban hammer here falls with very little provocation.

i never did understand that. sure you lose your post count, your nick, and your username, but it's a public board. you can always just make another account. if they ban your IP, there are millions of proxies you can use to mask your identity.

hell, you could try banning people's MAC addresses, but then you can just change it with the right software tool, or worst case scenario, buy a new NIC card.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
nothing like using draconian tactics to enforce the integrity of your revenue stream.

i remember seeing that thread where IndyEvo got banned. seems like the ban hammer here falls with very little provocation.

i never did understand that. sure you lose your post count, your nick, and your username, but it's a public board. you can always just make another account. if they ban your IP, there are millions of proxies you can use to mask your identity.

hell, you could try banning people's MAC addresses, but then you can just change it with the right software tool, or worst case scenario, buy a new NIC card.
Hahaha yeah theres always ways around things for sure.

But if you are actively attempting to communicate and promote/make money off of product it becomes a royal pain in the *** to keep duckin
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Sucks but you have to be a vendor to promote and push product on **** evom!

IndyEvo who R&D the wilson manifold buschur sells had been banned and harrassed about this matter. Even though he didnt even sell a single manifold. They have all been sold thru Buschur and AWDMotorsports.WTF

****'s!!!
he should get hung buy his nutts. who the **** thinks they can dress a pig up and call it beyonce. wilson manifolds are stupid and not worth $2000.00 I know you will disagree with me dan, but for $50 you know what can be accomplished.

i can ONLY imagine what kinda money is involved in the porting process.

saw
dremel
welder
stamp that says Mr. Wilson

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet