Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a corner balance done?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeremy...Did you say you have a fender roller? I forget
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
haha not to be biased or anything lol

they have actually built 700+ motors since 2002. there is about a 1% of which may have resulted in an issue. I love people who buy a motor, put it in, plug in an AEM attempt to street tune it, blow the motor and make a fuss online.

I have read the horror stories, and i guess i am a supporter becuase i work there, but it also gives me an opportunity to see the other side of the story.

there truly are people out there that DO NOT deserve a built motor.. for instance people calling in asking, i need fly wheel bolts for my evo. "okay they are $3.00 a pop" Ok, so how many do i need then?

buschur and ams are great companies. the choice is yours
So for building so many motors you would think that there actually had to be atleast 1 that has done something out of the ordinary with it. To prove its worth. I cant recall any????

Plus the shop itself has no interest in proving that its motors can stand up to anybody elses.

The Owner of SBR IMO isnt even a true to heart enthusiast. He is nothing short of a business man. But he could car less about the sport. Or the results for the end user. I highly doubt he even considers what he can do to contribute to the culture of what we do.

He does not develop, tune , race , build anything . Nothing but cashflow in his brain.

Give me the builder who actually has the personall passion for what we all love. Not some Dick who is looking into his next business venture so he can wipe his hands clean of his current catastrophe. And leave the end user with no support and a garbage result.

Sorry you can be bout it bout it for SBR. I'll just keep quietly rollin with my BR setup.

The name says it all SlowBoyRacing

Oh and before I get accussed of jumping on the hater natiion against SBR. Trust me I have dealt with them
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
So for building so many motors you would think that there actually had to be atleast 1 that has done something out of the ordinary with it. To prove its worth. I cant recall any????

Plus the shop itself has no interest in proving that its motors can stand up to anybody elses.

The Owner of SBR IMO isnt even a true to heart enthusiast. He is nothing short of a business man. But he could car less about the sport. Or the results for the end user. I highly doubt he even considers what he can do to contribute to the culture of what we do.

He does not develop, tune , race , build anything . Nothing but cashflow in his brain.

Give me the builder who actually has the personall passion for what we all love. Not some Dick who is looking into his next business venture so he can wipe his hands clean of his current catastrophe. And leave the end user with no support and a garbage result.

Sorry you can be bout it bout it for SBR. I'll just keep quietly rollin with my BR setup.

The name says it all SlowBoyRacing

Oh and before I get accussed of jumping on the hater natiion against SBR. Trust me I have dealt with them
10 10 10 10 10 - You nailed it!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

I will be in McKees Rocks on Saturday through Monday for the Steelers game. Go Steelers!!!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I have worked with SBR and they aren't that organized. I ordered parts off there website and they said they were in stock and then got a call an hour later saying they aren't in stock. Then update your F'ing website. BR is really good and down here in VA.....Nick at DTMotorsports in one of the best tuners around!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killthelights14
yeah i don't think i will ever need to go on a dyno..after all isn't it just for numbers? In the end you can do the same on the street, Datalogging a car will tell you what needs tweaked...

speaking of which i still need to order my damn Tactrix cable and read up more on tuning.
A proper tuning tool that can properly load the car is hard to beat. Such as an eddy current load bearing dyno such as a mustang. It is virtually identical to street.

I would prefer to set my car up on a dyno then back it up via the street. Not saying street tuning isnt effective. It just is alot simpler being strapped down and do your tuning thing. make adjustments make a pull repeat process.

Call me a dyno b!tch but I do like to see before and after results and I will pay for them. Of course its only good if you are using same dyno
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlueEvo61106
Yea I have worked with SBR and they aren't that organized. I ordered parts off there website and they said they were in stock and then got a call an hour later saying they aren't in stock. Then update your F'ing website. BR is really good and down here in VA.....Nick at DTMotorsports in one of the best tuners around!
Hahaha its like an epidemic. Sh!tz is everywhere. you can talk to people from PA to Cali to asshats across the pond. You will find just about the same opinion of this fantastic establishment
Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yea it really pissed me off because I paid next day shipping and I need the parts for my car to move and I had to wait a week and half.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
A proper tuning tool that can properly load the car is hard to beat. Such as an eddy current load bearing dyno such as a mustang. It is virtually identical to street.

I would prefer to set my car up on a dyno then back it up via the street. Not saying street tuning isnt effective. It just is alot simpler being strapped down and do your tuning thing. make adjustments make a pull repeat process.

Call me a dyno b!tch but I do like to see before and after results and I will pay for them. Of course its only good if you are using same dyno
I can agree with tuning on a dyno like mustang is def. nice if you have one available, if setup right they are very close to real world. I mean you will have to fine tweak it on the street and make adjustments at the track to get the most out of it. Not to many people pull a car off the dyno and immediately go fast, the fast guys are making adjustments every run and seeing the mph's go up and et's come down.

The best benefit of the dyno is the before/after numbers so u can watch the changes being good or bad, other than that it doesn't mean much to me. I use datalog lab and when used correctly it can be very effective, I have also got in the habit of calculating logging seconds to see how much time i pick up from change to change. I always try and start around the same rpm and end at the same rpm to get the best guess I can to if my changes are doing good.

I recently did a 1-4 gear pull and my log seconds at the time i went wot in 1st till the time i lifted in 4th (11 mph to 108 mph) was 11.7 sec. That also included shift time and the delay for the car to spool in 1st and take off, I was very pleased with that with where I am at current tune wise, more adjustments to be made as im learning to tune the new fuel....
Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Or you order a turbo that you researched and you specifically picked out because it was the best match for the car / motor. You could have gotten it online but decided to give a certain company your business. After 2 weeks of waiting for an off the shelf garrett turbo it was the wrong one, it was a t3/t4 that I was told no you want this much better.

After arguing for a while it was sent back and another 2 weeks I had the correct turbo - what a waste of time. Not to mention the motor I was going to have built there sat for 4 months untouched, finally i picked it up sent it to a place in State College and it was done in a week. This was all for my old turbo crx I built.....

This was many many years ago - i see not much has gotten better, lol.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
I can agree with tuning on a dyno like mustang is def. nice if you have one available, if setup right they are very close to real world. I mean you will have to fine tweak it on the street and make adjustments at the track to get the most out of it. Not to many people pull a car off the dyno and immediately go fast, the fast guys are making adjustments every run and seeing the mph's go up and et's come down.

The best benefit of the dyno is the before/after numbers so u can watch the changes being good or bad, other than that it doesn't mean much to me. I use datalog lab and when used correctly it can be very effective, I have also got in the habit of calculating logging seconds to see how much time i pick up from change to change. I always try and start around the same rpm and end at the same rpm to get the best guess I can to if my changes are doing good.

I recently did a 1-4 gear pull and my log seconds at the time i went wot in 1st till the time i lifted in 4th (11 mph to 108 mph) was 11.7 sec. That also included shift time and the delay for the car to spool in 1st and take off, I was very pleased with that with where I am at current tune wise, more adjustments to be made as im learning to tune the new fuel....
Absolutely Truth

I also used the logging seconds with the AEM to try and calculate wether or not my adjustments were working or not. And obviously you need to work with the same strip of tarmac and rpm start stop points.

And hey you always need to keep looking for more power. When I would go to the track I would already have a few proven altered maps that I would load to see if it would make more steam on the topend.

As you would know Just because the map looks good no knock and it pulls clean on the street dosnt always mean it is actually making more power.

I had a what I thought was going to be a good meth map to run with. I loaded it made some pulls and logged on the street . All looked good no knock and pushing 28 psi. I go to the track the car is down on power with clean logs no knock nothing, boost as flat as can be 28 psi all the way out.

I say F that pull the fuse on the meth turn the boost back down and load my pump map the car picks up 3mph right away.

So even though the meth map looked good on the street it really didnt add up to much at the track. Of course I ended up tweaking things to work with the meth and ended up picking up a few more mph.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:11 PM
Account Disabled

Nick at DTMotorsports in one of the best tuners around!
He also the one that tuned my car runs great. DTM. Is also where the guy i bought my car from got all his work done.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 97talon420a
He also the one that tuned my car runs great. DTM. Is also where the guy i bought my car from got all his work done.
He is one of the best in the area and on the East Coast at tuning Evo's!!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

i f*cking hate changing the oil on these cars.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet