Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO
my bad like jer said still too small
thanks for the input buddy but 90 percent of the people running this size wheel are going with a 265.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i think i should be ok on the fronts...the way the car sits now i plenty of clearance...i was thinking either 255/35 or 265 35......... probably a couple of weeks....the wheels should be here in a week then i have to get the tires mounted....
Old Dec 29, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xsolowx
i think i should be ok on the fronts...the way the car sits now i plenty of clearance...i was thinking either 255/35 or 265 35......... probably a couple of weeks....the wheels should be here in a week then i have to get the tires mounted....
255's shouldn't be a problem. my summer tires are 255/45/17 and they fit nicely with the lowering springs. any larger though and you will definitely need to do some convincing of the fenders.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by arbo651
thanks for the input buddy but 90 percent of the people running this size wheel are going with a 265.
just bustin ***** a bit. they look good and i wish they were on my car

ok, lemme know.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Your more then welcome to do whatever you want to your own car.

You have a nice set of wheels there! I'm not sure what you think a different offset is going to give you in looks? Can you give us your thoughts on what you are going for? Are you looking for a more concave look with a bigger lip? In addition, Seems you are building a nice X with your mod list, is this a show car? If so, it will go too!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Your more then welcome to do whatever you want to your own car.

You have a nice set of wheels there! I'm not sure what you think a different offset is going to give you in looks? Can you give us your thoughts on what you are going for? Are you looking for a more concave look with a bigger lip? In addition, Seems you are building a nice X with your mod list, is this a show car? If so, it will go too!
I am mostly just going for a car I can take out on the weekends and have a little bit of fun with..I do not race this car in autocross etc... The only track it sees is the strip on occasion, but I have only had it there one time so far.

Basically I am just enjoying the car and modding it to my liking based on performance first. I just want a more flush look with the wheels.. thats all

The wheels are just for looks, along with the springs...I didnt go with the full coilover setup because I felt it was unnessisary for what I do with the car.

As far as shows go I might put it in a few just for fun but thats about it.

Thanks for the comments.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Well actually its the fronts that are really a *****. It's because the lip is so small to begin with that its hard to bend it without bending the alluminum fenders. Also, i'll assume you understand you will need a heat gun also? I have one if you need to borrow it!

So what size tire are you plan on running? There are more issue you will run into then just the lip if your going big. Like the seams and the bolt to hold on the rear bumper. I had to cut off some of the tab for the rear bumper to make my wheels work. Now i am running 285's so it might not be a big deal if your going to run a 265
g i have always been a wheel guy..loll.....i loved the look of the work vs tx they are staggered 28 offset on fronts and 26 on rears....they have a really wide lip on the rear wheels....i think i will keep my rotas to come to auto x this year since there doesnt seem to be anyone who wants them
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

g i have always been a wheel guy..loll.....i loved the look of the work vs tx they are staggered 28 offset on fronts and 26 on rears....they have a really wide lip on the rear wheels....i think i will keep my rotas to come to auto x this year since there doesnt seem to be anyone who wants them
If they were 17's I would sure think about it.......I liked how they looked on your car w/ silver. But with a timing belt, and clutch in my future wheels should be last on my list.......

btw - is your afr staying in check? haven't talked to you in a while....
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:43 AM

Just checked my car after getting the touchless wash last night at Rapid Wash on South Park Road. Looks much better, but I can see a few spots where there is a thin white film left by the wash (came off with a cloth). Not perfect, but does the job in the winter. It also didn't seem to do much to clean the wing. I may need to get the CF touched up on that soon.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
If they were 17's I would sure think about it.......I liked how they looked on your car w/ silver. But with a timing belt, and clutch in my future wheels should be last on my list.......

btw - is your afr staying in check? haven't talked to you in a while....
when i did drive it , it was pretty good....but i havent driven it much since then....i figure i might as well let the honda take all of the winter abuse...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

I am mostly just going for a car I can take out on the weekends and have a little bit of fun with..I do not race this car in autocross etc... The only track it sees is the strip on occasion, but I have only had it there one time so far.

Basically I am just enjoying the car and modding it to my liking based on performance first. I just want a more flush look with the wheels.. thats all

The wheels are just for looks, along with the springs...I didnt go with the full coilover setup because I felt it was unnessisary for what I do with the car.

As far as shows go I might put it in a few just for fun but thats about it.

Thanks for the comments.
Sounds like a good plan. I do think those wheels look good on the blue car tho. I wish i could afford to take those off your hands. And with 6 sets of wheels around the house as it is, well that ain't going happen.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:02 AM

i spent saturday scraping all off the clearcoat off of the brembos and resprayed with new high temp clearcoat....im suprised how good they turned out....i will post some pics when i get a chance....but no more funky pink looking brembos
I have to do this soon. Im very interested to see the turnout. Where did you get the high temp clearcoat at?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Craig King
Who has the MR that was at Matrix Saturday night?
oh that was me. ya i was revving at my friends lol
Old Dec 30, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8ftw
I have to do this soon. Im very interested to see the turnout. Where did you get the high temp clearcoat at?
i just got the 1200 degree stuff at pep boys....and a pack of 2000 grit sandpaper....i will go out and take some pics in the morning
Old Dec 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

hey real random off topic i'm new toforum but from south hills area of pgh looking for a meet or some evo people in the area

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet