Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dan l
We always hit up BSD for one or two good T&T before the season starts. If that is too early I'd suggest a fall T&T. Either way I have a 200 mile AAA toe for you to use if you should need it. If you don't want AAA to handle your car (they have done a find job with my friends car in the past) I can ask a personal favor of a great buddy of mine, just pay gas and tip him a bit. Either way I'll take care of you.

I'm friends with the track owner so we can set up whatever. Also don't forget about the Blouch turbo bash at BSD: http://www.beaversprings.com/

David might even be making after talking to Chad. At any rate that will be a ton of fun, MAKE THAT EVENT IF YOU CAN! I want to race my DSM not the Evo but want to bring an evo or 2, be that guy!
Sweet deal man I appreciate the offers in case of failures. Its all or nothing with me I dont know how to soft launch it

And the events well if it works out to make it I will for sure. thanks for the heads up
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
I'll tell you something that I didn't tell eric. If your within 100-150 lbs of full weight, I'll be able to hang with you with about 200 whp less. Not only is my car lighter, but its geared much better than an evo and worse off yet I'm much more aerodynamic. Eric wouldn't have stood a chance because my **** is ****ing on from 3500rpm's to 8 grand. I would have been out 20 cars before he even figured out how badly he's been ****ed with. If we are playing the turbo spool up game I'll concede, I'll let it happen how it needs to to have a race. See thats the difference, erick was a knowitall ****stick and you at least realize how the real world is sometimes. I'll keep the video camera off and out of the car, unlike what I was going to do with eric when I schooled the **** out of his "700 whp" car in my real 400hp pice of ****ing **** salvage yard part toting, left over scrap metal used to make parts, handmedown performance parted DSM. Also unlike eric, I don't give a **** if I break something. I toasted a motor one time, cost me $200 to repair. Unless its a safety issue I'm racing. Also yes I know of a few good spots. The best part is if you want to come the whole way to altoona I can get us a nice safe spot and I have friends that know the local cops. I can also get a bunch of cars for you to race if your up for a night to run. SRT-4's, turbo hondas (that tend to blow the **** up), and probably a cobra mustang. It only happens on sunday nights and in central PA. Not naming places and dates over the internet. We'll talk more when the time comes but it will take an email and/or phone call.
no ***** **** but ***** *** only **** wombat anus ***** ****** straight up the *********** gerbil felching ****
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
no ***** **** but ***** *** only **** wombat anus ***** ****** straight up the *********** gerbil felching ****
Old Jan 9, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mondobongo
wow
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:43 PM

Whats up guys, I dont post much but I have a bunch of stock evo parts for sale if anyone is interested. Mostly engine and and exhaust parts, including an aftermarket test pipe. PM me if you have any interest, and make an offer.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:47 PM

I finally picked up my CF hood. It has a spot on it, though. I tried cleaning it and I can't seem to get it. Is this something I would have to have done at a body shop or is there some way to fix this myself? And if anyone is interested in the hood PM me, I am looking to sell it once I get it cleaned up.

Old Jan 10, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prodystopian
I finally picked up my CF hood. It has a spot on it, though. I tried cleaning it and I can't seem to get it. Is this something I would have to have done at a body shop or is there some way to fix this myself? And if anyone is interested in the hood PM me, I am looking to sell it once I get it cleaned up.

Its most likely in the clearcoat. I would think most body shops would be able to address that .

Most CF hoods are heavier than the stocker. So for me No Thanks good luck
Old Jan 10, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Looking for anyone that would like to be an AMSOIL Dealer.

If you are serious, I will pay for 1/3 of your Dealership for the first year and show you how to give your friends a Great Deal (Dealer Cost) and still put a couple bucks in your pocket for your time.

Email is Best contact AMSOIL@bestoil4you.com

Doc
Old Jan 10, 2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Its most likely in the clearcoat. I would think most body shops would be able to address that .

Most CF hoods are heavier than the stocker. So for me No Thanks good luck
Guess I should specify that it is a CW style Seibon. I'd be shocked if it's heavier than the stock. It feels really light. I'll have to call a body shop and ask about that. Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Guess I should specify that it is a CW style Seibon. I'd be shocked if it's heavier than the stock. It feels really light. I'll have to call a body shop and ask about that. Thanks.
It really dont matter what kind it is. I am almost certain that it will not be any lighter than stock. For it to be structurally sound they have to support it generously underneath for it to be strong enuff. And in most cases ends up weighing in more than stock.

Stock weighs in at 20.1lbs go weigh that thing and report back.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 06:50 PM

I do not have a scale, but I do have weights. Curling 20lbs of weights (2x10lb weights with no bar) and then curling the hood, it seems pretty close, so if it is lighter than 20lbs it isn't by much. I thought the stock hood was heavier than that.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

I do not have a scale, but I do have weights. Curling 20lbs of weights (2x10lb weights with no bar) and then curling the hood, it seems pretty close, so if it is lighter than 20lbs it isn't by much. I thought the stock hood was heavier than that.
Stock hood and front fenders are aluminum along with the supports under the hood = light stock hood
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:51 PM

My carbon fiber hood weighd in at 20lbs exactly. I thought it felt lighter than my stock one when i picked them both up maybe its my imagination... I got it for the looks anyways.. I wanted to break all of the apex silver up with some carbon fiber!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

what do you guys recommend to reduce the car movement back and forth when you life the throttle? I was thinking motor mounts would help correct?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killthelights14
what do you guys recommend to reduce the car movement back and forth when you life the throttle? I was thinking motor mounts would help correct?
don't lift the throttle.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet