Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
i think his name was reed, dsm owner. he's from ohio, seemed like a real cool guy.

he offered to ride with me for a run and get an in car vid but i lost track of him during the course of the day.
The guy that came with me and Denny is not the same guy. Hopefully he got decent footage while his hand was being frozen off by the cold!

It was definately fun, but i am disappointed in the way the front end of the car plows like no other when you apply a moderate amount of steering input. On the straight a-ways it was fine, but when turning in, i was still going straight! All of a sudden i had a rwd only car. I also wish he would have timed more than just 2 of my runs. I really feel i was improving toward the end. All in all, i would have to say that the subies owned that event.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
How about that BMW wagon on all-seasons? Much more fun then an EVO to drive. (well not really)
I do believe Justin won his contest tho. He showed blatent disregard for his car on just about every run. All kinda snow flying and serious deep snow sideway action.
I personally liked the 2 wipe outs on his final lap. Almost looked as if he was trying........hmmmmm.....
Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about that BMW wagon on all-seasons? Much more fun then an EVO to drive. (well not really)
I do believe Justin won his contest tho. He showed blatent disregard for his car on just about every run. All kinda snow flying and serious deep snow sideway action.
i did have an edge in that contest that no one counted on.

my reckless disregard for human life.

i wish the event wasn't so chaotic so we could have actually done the scoring.

in other news, i just spent the last 3 hours or so on my garage floor in a pool of ice water and pb blaster doing some exhaust work. hopefully the sealant will be dry in a minute and i can go torque the bolts down again and go for a test drive. suffice to say the car is now about twice as loud and for some reason kind of smells like gasoline when it runs.

i didn't get many pictures today unfortunately, i left my real camera at home so i only had my blackberry. but here they are...

Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
I personally liked the 2 wipe outs on his final lap. Almost looked as if he was trying........hmmmmm.....

i decided that i was going to make my last run spectacular. whether it be a spectacular disaster or success. obviously it turned out to be the former rather than the latter, but that was quite fine with me.

i did get a chuckle when the subie couldn't pull me out and they needed to get the truck. i knew the evo wouldn't stand for being towed to safety by a lowly subaru!
Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

i decided that i was going to make my last run spectacular. whether it be a spectacular disaster or success. obviously it turned out to be the former rather than the latter, but that was quite fine with me.

i did get a chuckle when the subie couldn't pull me out and they needed to get the truck. i knew the evo wouldn't stand for being towed to safety by a lowly subaru!
Someone is beating us up over on NASIOC wondering how we get stuck since we have 'REAL' front and rear diffs. Come to think of it....so was i.....
Old Jan 18, 2009, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

"Ummm, so I guess we're out for the FTD on this one Dan??"

http://www.beaverun.com/forum/viewto...=70&p=414#p414
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
Denny Trice - 1:18.62, 1:22.10, 1:38.53
Dave Perini - EVO - 1:42.69, 2:02.53, 1:29.12, 1:31.43, DNF, 1:23.78

http://www.beaverun.com/forum/viewto...sd=a&start=110
Nice runs there Denny. What color washer fluid do you want? Blue or Orange?

My times dropped consistently thanks to Jeremy's co piloting skills.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Jan 18, 2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

If anyone was out last night the highways were worse then the snowcross course. Pretty hairy stuff.

Good thing I had all that practice during the day!.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by dennyt4
"Ummm, so I guess we're out for the FTD on this one Dan??"

http://www.beaverun.com/forum/viewto...=70&p=414#p414

Yeah and what sucked the most was that was the parade lap
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodan
yeah and what sucked the most was that was the parade lap
rofl
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
My times dropped consistently thanks to Jeremy's co piloting skills.

one co driver can be a great thing. but co-driving by committee can end up being very confusing.

take one idiot driver who can't find the course, one co driver in the passenger yelling at the idiot driver, and Ms. Daisy in the back telling your something completely different and you end up being dragged out of the snow by an FJ Cruiser.

i was thinking last night about course markings. i wonder if getting some bright spray paint or some kind of dye like they use on football fields to mark the turns with would help?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
If anyone was out last night the highways were worse then the snowcross course. Pretty hairy stuff.

Good thing I had all that practice during the day!.
I was loving it, we don't get enough snow in maryland and I took full advantage of it. Friday night I had an off course almost got stuck in a farmers field in rural central PA where the roads get no winter maintainence. I parked the car and the next day I had to start up the heater and aim it at the wheels because ice had packed into the wheel and locked the wheel to the caliper/suspension arm.

Yesterday I did the same thing. Spent about 1.5 hours tooling around. Got off course AGAIN but this time at about 45mph and corn stalks were slapping the rear bumper of the car. Luckily no damage. Then I got a chance to jump the car taking off in snow and landing in snow. Travis its in the valley where the Amish are if your reading this. The snow was drifted across the road so it was very smooth takeoff and landing. Burnt 5 gallons of gas in that short period of time (E85).

Looks like Justin got more front end snow than me though. I don't have it in the grille, just the lower vents for the brake ducting.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

yeah the evo was hungry for some snow. it all got packed in there and ended up freezing in to a solid block of ice. i have to check in a little bit and see if it melted over night.

it is giving me an interesting idea for summer though. nice low IAT's by packing the entire I/C grill with ice.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

one co driver can be a great thing. but co-driving by committee can end up being very confusing.

take one idiot driver who can't find the course, one co driver in the passenger yelling at the idiot driver, and Ms. Daisy in the back telling your something completely different and you end up being dragged out of the snow by an FJ Cruiser.

i was thinking last night about course markings. i wonder if getting some bright spray paint or some kind of dye like they use on football fields to mark the turns with would help?

LOL. i do appoligize for the bad navigating skills. Its hard when you can't see a darn thing. Altho the driver was kinda being a lunitic so that didn't help.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Altho the driver was kinda being a lunitic so that didn't help.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet