Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

FS:1992 r32 skyline gtr V spec in LI NY

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vishnu_Evo8
why pay so much for the hype?

thats what i'm saying.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

well driftrunsir its no 02 lancer ES but you have to addmit its one hell of a car. Plus you pay around the same for an evo that looses 3-4k in value as soon as you drive off the lot. And for the rest of its life its value will drop significant amounts. THe r32 will hold its value strong, and its very very rare. I get a huge amount of attention in my 95 supra but nothing like the r32, its like driving an enzo.
-Dan
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

So what your saying is that if i bought this R32 it would be as cool as driving a Enzo.......LOL
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

No I am making a point that it gets a huge amount of attention because of how rare it is. Its not like spending 30 something thousand on a common evo.
-Dan
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

common evo? i rarely see evos lol...it'a not too common yet.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nextgenerationx
No I am making a point that it gets a huge amount of attention because of how rare it is. Its not like spending 30 something thousand on a common evo.
-Dan
But unless you are a collect then who cares how rare it is. And that "common" Evo is a better performer then a R32 stock vs stock.
Also if you are going to try and sell a car on an Evo forum it is probably not a good idea to insult the people on here.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

what kind of supra? auto/stick? TT or NA? my friend is selling one for 15k
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

My supra is a 1995 supra turbo 6spd.
Turbonetics t72 turbo
RPs header/ Hks Gt2 wastegate
Adfx racing intake manifold
Hks 272 cams intake and exhaust
Powerhouse racing valve springs
JE pistons
pueter rods
Rps stage 3 unsprung clutch
Rps lightweight flywheel
Hks evc 5 boost controller
powerhouse racing map ecu
Hks TI exhaust
ccw wheels 17x12 18x10
BFG KD 315/285
Sparco torino 2 seats
powerhouse racing fuel rail
rc850cc injectors

The car has alot of work as you can see, but im still in the process of building. I work part time as paisley racing and do alot of side work as well, such as polishing.
-Dan
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

well driftrunsir its no 02 lancer ES but you have to addmit its one hell of a car. Plus you pay around the same for an evo that looses 3-4k in value as soon as you drive off the lot. And for the rest of its life its value will drop significant amounts. THe r32 will hold its value strong, and its very very rare. I get a huge amount of attention in my 95 supra but nothing like the r32, its like driving an enzo.
-Dan
I disagree. Once the US version of the Skyline (r35) is released the value of these "grey market" cars is going to tank. That's been the trend for every "grey market" car that has ever been brought into the US. A good example is the Mercedes G500. One company, Europa, could import these and get them DOT and EPA certified. They were $100k plus new and you could sell them 20,000 miles later for a $100k. Once Merceded started bring them in the value plummeted. A good friend of mine recently sold his $100k Europa G500 with 40,000 miles on it for $26,000. OUCH!!!!
Old Jan 19, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Just like they were supposed to release a new supra for the past 5 years.
-Dan
Old Jan 19, 2005, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

-Dan

haha lol it doesn't matter what kind of car i drive. Just because i don't own a skyline/supra or insert "trendy car here" doesn't mean i dont know a damn about them. If i had the time and money i'd most likely still have a sleeper/under dog car.

I'd rather take a supra/soarer over a skyline or an evo3 over a skyline except a PGC10 now thats a rare skyline especially on these shores or even rarer the PMC A200.

The skyline is just cool here in the US because of its mainstream status and the overly hyped up media and dumb asses who read import tuner. I haven't seen 1 US built skyline push limits like the European/JDM guys do...kus all the rich *** punks here that own them don't want to mess up their cool "tiiiite boi JDM ride"

don't get me wrong i know what the skyline is capable of and i do like the skyline but i hate the attention it gets when they are here in the US. Its all hype built up by the mainstream media.

Last edited by DriftRunSir; Jan 19, 2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

and toyota is still planning to release a new supra wether its going to be under the same name or not it is not certain but the running prototypes are out and being tuned on nurburgring right now.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 3240
I disagree. Once the US version of the Skyline (r35) is released the value of these "grey market" cars is going to tank. That's been the trend for every "grey market" car that has ever been brought into the US. A good example is the Mercedes G500. One company, Europa, could import these and get them DOT and EPA certified. They were $100k plus new and you could sell them 20,000 miles later for a $100k. Once Merceded started bring them in the value plummeted. A good friend of mine recently sold his $100k Europa G500 with 40,000 miles on it for $26,000. OUCH!!!!
I highly doubt this would happen. The car that you're talking about was brought over by a company and later on the same exact car was released here. Yes of course the price is going to drop because you can get the same exact car here for cheaper. Even if they do bring over the new GT-R it isn't going to be the same GT-R that was produced years before so I highly doubt the prices on the older Skylines will drop. If anything I think the prices would go up because of the lack of legal ones and an even higher interest in them because of the new GT-R.

Originally Posted by DriftRunSir
I'd rather take a supra/soarer over a skyline or an evo3 over a skyline except a PGC10 now thats a rare skyline especially on these shores or even rarer the PMC A200.

The skyline is just cool here in the US because of its mainstream status and the overly hyped up media and dumb asses who read import tuner. I haven't seen 1 US built skyline push limits like the European/JDM guys do...kus all the rich *** punks here that own them don't want to mess up their cool "tiiiite boi JDM ride"

don't get me wrong i know what the skyline is capable of and i do like the skyline but i hate the attention it gets when they are here in the US. Its all hype built up by the mainstream media.
Just kind of curious which of the cars you listed have you actually driven, because from your post you make it seem like you've driven them all. As for no US built Skylines pushing the limit the whole thing is that there is limited resources to work with, and most of the parts you have to order from Japan. Even with that said there are quite a few Skylines in the US making good numbers, go check out Joules R32. Plus if you haven't noticed there aren't really any stock GT-Rs in the US.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Driven a turbo charged SC400, driven an SC300 with a supra 2jz-gte turbo automatic swap. [I'm a Lexus Owners Club member] Driven MKIII and MKIV supras stock and slightly modified. Riden in a JDM evo3 stock in california. Can't say I've driven a Skyline since all the kids in my area are skimpy but i've ridden in an R34 and R33.

The old school skylines I've yet to witness. I've only heard of 3 guys in the US that has the PGC10's 1 in Long Beach [old guy i'm pretty sure he's retired the car], 1 in San Fran and the other in Florida.

few other rare cars i've riden/driven in:

-1975 Lancer Celeste [mexico]
-1981 1800EX Turbo Lancer [Philippines]
-Mazda RX3 with Cosmo 20b tri-rotor tubular front chassis [USA]
-1973 Galant GTO [Philippines]

I'm a nostalgia race enthusiast. So i kinda favor old school under dogs over the other cars. -=oP

for those wondering how i was able to experience these old cars the two mitsu's from philippines was my fathers and grand fathers cars which we still own till this day at our home in the philippines. The Lancer from mexico is a friends uncles car who we visited in Puerto Vallarta on the way to Brazil. and the RX3 was my brothers friend.

Last edited by DriftRunSir; Jan 21, 2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

true most skylines in the US aren't stock anymore usually used skylines come modified some how. even then the owner would usually do the basic upgrades off the bat. Most of the cars that were sold from Motorex when i was hanging out there usually came modified or ordered with new modifications....

-as for getting parts here in the US. You are right but if you can afford getting a skyline you should be able to afford ordering all the cool JDM parts.

-Never heard of Joules' R32 do you have a link? I'm sure if someone with the money came along they could pay a shop and make their GTR a beast. I'm pretty sure you've all heard of http://www.exvitermini.com some awesome drag cars. Dont get me wrong I'm a fan of the GTR even bigger fan of the 4doors and GTS-t.

All in all I wish this guy luck in selling the car.

Quick Reply: FS:1992 r32 skyline gtr V spec in LI NY