Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

FS:1992 r32 skyline gtr V spec in LI NY

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not really a matter of money for ordering the parts, it's more of the wait to actually get the parts. The majority of parts that you need you can't just run down to your local shop and pick up, and with ordering a lot of parts the time received is going to differ. Plus when something goes wrong you have to add on the extra time to get the parts to repair it. Although it seems that a lot of parts are becoming available because of the RB trend now.

Anyways here's the link for Joule. http://www.joulespeed.com/whiteskyline.html
Not as insane as the people overseas but it's a pretty quick car.

I wish the seller luck on selling this car, but one thing I know is that the only federally legal cars came from Motorex. All you have to do is call the DOT and ask if anyone else has ever done it and they'll simply say no. With the way Motorex is right now though I guess this is your best bet, next to finding a car that went through Motorex already in the past.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by sptsi
Also do you know who is importing them now? I know there are a ton of people trying to work on it since Motorex is going out of business.
JUNIOR... formerly of TurboTrix, now has his OWN shop on Long Island and can officially import and legalize Skylines. He has better prices than Motorex ever had too. Already peeped his 1 33 VSpec and 33 gtr...
Old Jan 22, 2005, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by InfamousDX
JUNIOR... formerly of TurboTrix, now has his OWN shop on Long Island and can officially import and legalize Skylines. He has better prices than Motorex ever had too. Already peeped his 1 33 VSpec and 33 gtr...
Website?
Old Jan 22, 2005, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Incorrect. It's called emissions, that is the new snag that turned this situation around.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

ok, as for the skyline losing price value, it wont. the idea for the american skyline is an awd v8. i still think the japanese gtrs will retain value. now, as for showing up with half the cash, thats horrible... for those of us who could have the money when needed, its a hassle for them to bring half... especially if they get a loan.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 05:17 PM

Really? It's kind of ridiculous how many people have claimed to be able to legalize Skylines and none of them have. It's really easy to get a car registered locally, but even if it is it's still not federally legal, and federals the big boy. No worries in time all the shops change their names and move just to screw over the customers who forked out hard earned dollars for a supposedly legal Skyline who's ending fate could very well be in a nice little cube. If he's really legit just post up the company name or a VIN # of any Skyline he's done and I'll call the DOT to verify this. I wish it was true with all the problems at Motorex, but I highly doubt it is. Prove me wrong.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

How would u be able to get a DOT legal R33 and how can i get it. I would like to see the car before i buy one.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 06:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Correction ,, junior formerly of turbotrix, works for an ex-customer of ours ..

For 35k i'd rather buy a new car, then a 10yr old one, I really cant understand how people like them , the only one i like is the R34 .. which i think is 75k in the us. You have to spend alot to get them fast, they are super heavy and whatever you break your looking at japan for parts ..

Mark
turbotrix
Old Jan 22, 2005, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by amprowler
How would u be able to get a DOT legal R33 and how can i get it. I would like to see the car before i buy one.

Its def a gray area, they are titling them in florida, but their shop is on the end of LI which has some loophole for DOT stuff. I know the car sits in dot for like 2months i think its converted to meet us standards then made back to how it was when it came over. Im not 100% on that so dont quote me. It would def suck spending that doe and having an illegal car, i know junior got pulled over with one and it came back as a silver nissan ... go figure

Mark
Tubotrix
Old Jan 22, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

whats his reason for selling that car if i may ask.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

ha id rather have an evo
Old Jan 22, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

good luck with the skyline sale...

i myself won't succom to the hype of the skyline.... yes it's a bad *** car, but the supra makes it irrelivant in the US... inline 6 twin turbo rwd coupe that has more potential than a skyline... ALL you are paying for is the right to drive a car on the wrong side, performance is secondary... and don't get me started on the gtr's, 2 ton low 14 second POS, i could get a 6th gen civic to go faster than that with a stock swap....

the bottom line is that the skyline had it's day, but just like the galant vr4 it has to evolve in order to keep up with our demands... it's going to be hard for Nissan to sell us 3 performance coupes...
Old Jan 23, 2005, 09:33 AM

Supras are good for a straight line buddy but Skylines are better going through corners and can make Supra numbers. BTW it's a 1 1/2 ton car that does mid 13's, and obviously you really don't know jack about automotive technology because the majority of people that do will understand why GT-Rs are still on par with Porsche.

From the sounds of it you're another one of those Honda ricers huh? If I wanted a quick POS I would've gone and built a EG.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hisoka
Supras are good for a straight line buddy but Skylines are better going through corners and can make Supra numbers. BTW it's a 1 1/2 ton car that does mid 13's, and obviously you really don't know jack about automotive technology because the majority of people that do will understand why GT-Rs are still on par with Porsche.

From the sounds of it you're another one of those Honda ricers huh? If I wanted a quick POS I would've gone and built a EG.

right, supras are the BEST for straight line and top end... the EVO is the BEST for corners... so that means the skyline comes in at least 2nd in both... if i wanted to pay 90k for a skyline i'll pay 90k for a porsche.. so that at least i can take it somewhere and get it serviced by a dealer....

don't take it to personal insults, lets stay on subject here....
Old Jan 23, 2005, 09:13 PM

It's not supposed to be personal insults. It's simply looking at it from a mechanical standpoint in which many mechanics who delve deep into it would agree. Plus one ride in one and I think you would change your mind. However I must agree if I had 90k I would definately go get a Porsche, but even that wouldn't be enough to get a Porsche Turbo or GT2.

Quick Reply: FS:1992 r32 skyline gtr V spec in LI NY