Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Boost Creations Car show OCT 16th

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AutobonEvo
thats was a pretty fun show, the ferrari 360 modena that showed up was sick.
where was the autobon crew? I was there until about 2ish...didn't see anything but a bunch of seemingly 16 year olds laughing at the burnouts they just did in mommy's minivan

Cool to see some old and new Evo owner faces though
Old Oct 16, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
where was the autobon crew? I was there until about 2ish...didn't see anything but a bunch of seemingly 16 year olds laughing at the burnouts they just did in mommy's minivan

Cool to see some old and new Evo owner faces though
What a tool in the Minivan
Old Oct 17, 2005, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
What a tool in the Minivan
So you're Turbo Meg? I didn't catch your name, I was the owner of the other Evo with the TurboXS exhaust. It was nice meeting you and hanging out with Anj and Alfred again.

Overall it was a cool meet and like I said, it was nice seeing more Evo owners.

Last edited by avengerhed; Oct 17, 2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

thats what happens when you own a ferrari, swing from his nuts dude people dont always get to see 360's everyday i dont think they were swinging from his nuts i think they were just wicked surprised to see a ferrari there. i dont think the guy showed up for the trophy i think he showed up cause he knows james plus there was no other exotic there. Anja I was there with the yellow 20th, the MR. and the white RS.

Last edited by AutobonEvo; Oct 17, 2005 at 07:09 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutobonEvo
thats what happens when you own a ferrari, swing from his nuts dude people dont always get to see 360's everyday i dont think they were swinging from his nuts i think they were just wicked surprised to see a ferrari there. i dont think the guy showed up for the trophy i think he showed up cause he knows james plus there was no other exotic there. Anja I was there with the yellow 20th and The MR
i guess - i think i would have been more impressed to hear that motor under load, rather than free-revved. and it was awfully clean...but i dunno...

regardless, the show was cool, and i would definitely head back to a Boosted Creations event.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i agree with you with the reving, i was kinda of embaressed for the guy when he did that. Fun show i must have missed you though i didnt see your car would have been fun to cruise home with somebody.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

i was with the blue evo and the blue supra. we were looking for other owners to grab some dinner with and cruise home, but we wanted to split before everyone piled on to the streets and started acting stupid.

turns out that things got a little out of hand on the way home anyway...we should get our club http://www.mdcracing.com (its mostly ScoobyDoos) out together with AutobonProductions at some point, we're fairly close to you guys...

you probably missed my car since i dont have a lot of "bling" and didn't even bother opening the hood...we had a crazy ride home though.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

crazy ride home? whats that involve? yeah i was freezin my *** off so i dint even pay attention to any car there just that bright yellow evo i noticed.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 09:00 AM

the trophies were made 2 weeks ago, no exotics shown up. Have a trophy go to waste or tell the guy to give us $10 and hell win something, we did.

just my2c.

Last edited by 12secondwrx; Oct 17, 2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by avengerhed; Oct 17, 2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by avengerhed; Oct 17, 2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 09:18 AM

im not an idiot

i come from a honda background i UNDERSTAND EVERY MODIFICATION ON THOSE CARS

i pointed out the h22, the nitrous spec v, the gsr turbo hatch and took it all into consideration.

that na-t supra is nice but FILTHY, that is not a show stopping car if thats what you are getting at

Did you talk to EVERY owner about the restore/modifications of their cars? well i did. That red supra? new dash/carpet/WINDOWS all around, TONS OF WORK, thats all factored in. you are being ignorant here.

even though i like it A GUTTED CIVIC WITH NO PAINT IS NOT A SHOW CAR, NEITHER IS MINE, thats why it was parked up in the corner. The typhoon was awesome but showing its age of a 13 year old car.

that 97 expo was an old car, but almost as mint as the 05 gmc next to it. attention to detail wins the show.

judging is objective if you do not like it then come up with a better plan and i gaurentee youll get **** from someone about it. Its not as easy as it looks but every car that won should have won.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
you're right...it was the Best in SHOW...

i guess that's where opinions and biases come in to play though...it was a giant SUV that was an entertainment center on wheels...not something that was impressive to me.

i applaud you guys for putting on a good show and for anticipating that exotics would come...i left my "Evo Huddle" enough to see what I wanted to while helping out some other enthusiasts.

It's too bad the Typhoon left so early...i thought he was a worthy "american car" and "SUV" contender.

Again, please don't be so defensive/upset. I had a good time and it was certainly the best New England event I've ever been to.
Clearly by your response you did not go up and talk to the owner of the gmc, your missing many things here.

Bolt on waxed evos dont win shows.

There were alot of impressive cars up close that you didnt know unless you talked to the owner so right now your opinion is subjective if you only know what your friends car has. That red "rice" civic in the corner had a ton of attention to detail, along with an h22a and full gsr leather, 5 stage paint. Noone would have known that from looking across at it, hell the owner wouldnt pop his hood unless you ASKED
Old Oct 17, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

i appreciate your insight...i didn't think you were an idiot. i was suprised that the blue WRX didn't win anything. the Blue-swapped supra wasn't show quality and I honestly didn't expect anyone I knew to win.

sorry for being shortsighted and offending you...thanks for justifying your choices

Originally Posted by 12secondwrx
im not an idiot

i come from a honda background i UNDERSTAND EVERY MODIFICATION ON THOSE CARS

i pointed out the h22, the nitrous spec v, the gsr turbo hatch and took it all into consideration.

that na-t supra is nice but FILTHY, that is not a show stopping car if thats what you are getting at

Did you talk to EVERY owner about the restore/modifications of their cars? well i did. That red supra? new dash/carpet/WINDOWS all around, TONS OF WORK, thats all factored in. you are being ignorant here.

even though i like it A GUTTED CIVIC WITH NO PAINT IS NOT A SHOW CAR, NEITHER IS MINE, thats why it was parked up in the corner. The typhoon was awesome but showing its age of a 13 year old car.

that 97 expo was an old car, but almost as mint as the 05 gmc next to it. attention to detail wins the show.

judging is objective if you do not like it then come up with a better plan and i gaurentee youll get **** from someone about it. Its not as easy as it looks but every car that won should have won.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by avengerhed; Oct 17, 2005 at 09:50 AM.