Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Boch Mitsu closed down, looking for new servicing dealership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boch Mitsu closed down, looking for new servicing dealership

Looking for a new dealership location to bring my Evo for the regular warranty service in MA.

Boch Mitsubishi in Norwood, MA closed down a little while back, and from what know so far, it's the only Mitsubishi dealership I've dealt with that I trust. They at least know Evos and their facility is top notch/brand new. Some Mitsu dealerships I know have very little or no experience with Evos and I really don't want them screwing around with my [modded] car.

Anyone know of a good place aside from Boch? I did look around a bit, and they are all very shady . Thanks ahead of time.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Grava mitsu in medford ask for mike in service 781 391 8950
Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the info mac. How good is the service? Anything positive/negative you want to point out? I'm pretty articulate when it comes to my car, so any heads up you can give me is greatly appreciated .
Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Really? Wow - I bought my '03 there in May 2004. At that time, werent they one of New England's largest dealerships for Mitsu?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 06:41 PM

I bought my Evo there when it first came out in March of '03, and yeah, they were one of the largest Mitsu dealers in New England. After they renovated the place, finished I think in... early this year, they became THE largest Mitsu dealership in New England, with a new show room and a HUGE service garage with, from what I remember, over 20 lifts. I made tons of buddies over there since I bought my Evo and it was heart breaking to hear that the dealership suddenly closed down.

So anyways, I'm looking for a replacement service location. I doubt it will ever be as good as Boch, but right now, any dealerships with Evo experience is worth looking at. Anything guys?

Last edited by EvoCorp; Oct 27, 2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

yea i was pissed when the closed two months after i bought my evo from them. there is some guy on here who is works at grava i think, so that place would probobly be good to us. i can tell you though i had a bad experiance with herb conolly (natick) and peter fuller (watertown) never called me back when i left them a messege.

just noticed the mac is the guy that works there haha woops
Old Oct 27, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so wait.. Mac's name is Mike? or is he just referring us to another service rep? cause i'm gonna be going there for some warranty problems soon..
Old Oct 27, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

i LOVED the service dept at herb connoly mitsu in natick, MA. they were top notch guys and always took fantastic care of my car. they also have a great part dept which is very laid back and great to work with.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

good to hear that someone had a good experience with them. there just arent enogh mitsu dealers in the area to be picky about where to go. i must have got them on a bad week.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 07:57 AM

So I should be leaning between Grava and Herb Mitsubishi from the feedback so far. Any other inputs, especially how/what the service area is and looks like and how good the service is overall.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoCorp
So I should be leaning between Grava and Herb Mitsubishi from the feedback so far. Any other inputs, especially how/what the service area is and looks like and how good the service is overall.
Definately go to Grava, Mac is Mike and he has had two evos. He definately knows his **** and he'll take care of any problem. for the record I bought my evo in march at boch they told me 5000 miles to get the oil changed is fine for a 4cylinder turbo so i'd have to disagree they DON'T know their ****. I've been takin my evo to Mike for a few months now, a very mod friendly dealer.

for example: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ighlight=grava

Last edited by 05evo; Nov 2, 2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

HERB CONNOLLY in natick MA, ask for greg. He has a dsm and knows his stuff about evo's. I end up talking to him for like an hour every time i go there.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutobonEvo
HERB CONNOLLY in natick MA, ask for greg. He has a dsm and knows his stuff about evo's. I end up talking to him for like an hour every time i go there.
Yeah, Greg is awesome and a great guy. He will bend over backwards to help out people.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:14 AM

First Experience - Herb

I finally brought my Evo to Herb Motors/Mitsubishi via the recommendations from this thread to have my service done. Below is my feedback and review, which includes my opinions as a first-time customer and also comparisons with the now-closed Boch Mitsubishi.

Facility
First impression of the dealership and service bays were pretty good. It's pretty decent sized, with a good size show room and a mediocre waiting room with TV and couches. The service area had about 8 lifts, with I think 2 wheel lifts in a separate building holding their wheel alignment and balancing equipment. Overall, the place isn't bad, much bigger then most dealerships I've seen, although it still doesn't come close with Boch's indoor and outdoor showroom, "movie theatre" formatted waiting room, a separate room for the parts department, and 20+ lifts in their service department.

First Service Experience
First off, when I got there, I found out that it isn't Herb Mitsubishi. It's Herb Motors, which the location I'm at sells and services Hyundai's and Mitsubishi's. This alone gave me some skepticism, but oh well, I'll give it a shot.

When I got inside, I waited about 10+ minutes before anyone showed up at the desk and asked what I needed. I asked for the 21k mileage service, and he then asked me if I wanted Mobil 1 for the oil change. O…k, they don't know an Evo takes synthetic oil… I replied, dropped of my keys, and went to the waiting room…

… for 4.5 hours. They took freakin' 4.5 hours to mainly change the oil and do a 21 point check-up. I didn't mind as much that day since I had nothing going on, but if I were in a rush, this wouldn't fly.

When I was ready to pay, I talked to the service rep and mechanics a bit. They were very laid back and enjoyable to talk to. We talked a little about Evos and DSMs and paintball, which they hold bi-monthly. They even invited me to go with them that coming Sunday.

Vehicle Aftermath
I got my keys and went to my car. When I got in, the first thing that came to mind was 'WTF?" First off, my seat had dirt all over them, like someone rolled on the ground and sat in my seat. The floor was also covered with excessive dirt. The steering wheel, shift knob, and door panel had dirt fingerprints on them too. Also my seat was moved way back, but that's not that big a deal.

After I brushed off as much of the dirt as I can and turned the ignition, I almost blew a gasket (no pun intended). The first thing I noticed was my CD player was played around with, with the settings and window not where I left it. Then I noticed my EBC settings were off! WTF! Good thing I noticed before I went WOT or I would have been in trouble. Even my turbo timer mode was different. Last but not least, and this is what really peeved me off, my odometer had 20+ miles added to it and a quarter of my gas is gone. W…T…F?!?!?! Did they go on a joy ride in my car while I waited for 4 freakin' hours?

I really miss Boch for this reason. From the moment you step in until you step out, they treat you extremely well. In other words, they act very professional, but relaxed enough so that they make you feel comfortable being there. Other things I like about Boch is:
  1. they clean the interior and exterior of your car if it looks like it needs it
  2. they put a paper mat on the floor of your car so they don’t dirty up your floor mats
  3. they try not to move your seat from its current position, because they know that some people don't like that (this is expecially true if say... you're finicky about how you set your seat to your liking for your clutch-play)
  4. overall very professional, and makes every attempt to satisfy their customers
Conclusion
Overally disappointed, I don't think I'm going to head to Herb's anytime soon. I'll probably give Grava a try for my next service.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

damn.....................NEVER have i had any problems or anything like this happen to my evo or all my friends evo's who bring it there. I apologize for the bad expericence because i recomended the place to you. The car always has the same milage as it did when i drop it off, never have the asked me if i wanted mobil 1, its at most taken them an hour to change my oil, they clean my car for me, and the interior always clean and the radio is never messed with. Well again i apologize.

Quick Reply: Boch Mitsu closed down, looking for new servicing dealership