Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

ICS Performance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ICS Performance

So yesterday was an interesting day. Had to go back to Pruven due to a fubarred tune, and had my appointment at 11. I got there around 10:30, and didn't get to start the dyno till almost 1. Ended up with a few horsepower more then last time and a smoother curve. The customer service though was still rediculous. The only positive part was the phone call with Dan a week ago. The others there had attitudes towards me, and they said it was because of a bad week and what not. That stuff should not be taken out on the customers.

They also said Dan never let them know I needed to come back in for a retune on race and pump. So I refused to get an Alchy map made after I was sworn at by Kenny saying "What do you want done to this damn car?" "I can't see here all day fu**ing tuning it and not getting paid". Kenny this was the issue last time. If it was done correctly it wouldn't have happened like this, and your manager cleared things up with me. I also wouldn't be out 500 for the tune last time, and 100 for a reflash I did not need.

But on to the title. After the last time I was going to Pruven, I was on the highway and a guy in a jeep drove next to me asking about the car etc. Handed me an ICS Performance shop (Imported Cars of Stamford). The guy was the owner George Kakaletris. I ended up going there after cause he wanted to see the car. Great guy, Greek like me, shot the shat, had a few drinks earlier, raced his STi and got it on video. But the nicest part was, I never met anyone there and yet we all shot the **** like I knew them for ever. And the other great thing was, a guy comes outside with a Turbotrix shirt on. It was Junior, one of the Techs/Tuners of Turbotrix who worked on the Evo and the start of the STi. He looked at my car, thought it was nice till he heard the numbers on it. My short term fuel trims were never tuned so my idle sounded like crap, and I idled at 19.9 af. He fixed those for me at no charge, and we are going to retune the car when the time comes. I have some winter plans for the car and I have now found a new place to go too.

I highly recommend the place for anyone in the area or even not. I am 3 hours away from there, this is the place that worked on Al Friedmans motor before, and FerraroKid goes for his dyno. Great bunch of guys, old Tuner of Turbotrix and great dynoroom.

I mean heck, I never met them, I showed up around 6 and left at midnight shooting the **** with all of them, while Junior was working on a twin turbo 300zx and dealing with his girl, and him talking to I believe it was Sean Ivey online.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Oh and they are in Stamford CT. Right off Exit 8 on 95.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good .. just to clear junior hasnt worked at our shop for over a yr .. we got the STI after he was gone.. and he never touched our race car .. :-) .. Last i heard he wasnt at that place in long island any longer, never the less he knows his stuff..

Mark
turbotrix
Old Dec 4, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Ooooh burn haha.. Yeah he doesn't work in Long Island anymore... Thats odd, he said he worked during the project STi, but before you guys publically annouced it.

But at least you guys say he knows his stuff. He seemed it. Very intelligent guy, and he was scared of the Greek in me and George. Haha. Didn't like bending over the 300zx while we were around haha.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

I bet you met Brian too. He runs the dyno shop and is Georges bussiness partner. George is a good guy, has a excellent dyno area and shop.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

No Brian wasn't there. I met Angel, a friend of the shops and he was saying how Junior will probably take over the Dyno.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

I did some dyno time back when I put my TBE on. I spoke to Brian mostly, nice guy and very helpful. I'll definatley go back their for dynotime, once my car is ready for a new tune.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 01:46 PM

ICS Performance is a great group of people. My cousin had his turbo M3 built by them. (you prolly seen it at the shop/Revtech Racing banner on the windshield)

Also they stand by their products and service. But Nesiop you prolly felt outta place w/ all the Euros on the lot though lol. Anyway George and Brian know their stuff!! Highly Recommended
Old Dec 14, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Meh, felt alright cause a 300zx and supra were there, and I raced george's sti.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
some more cool people trivia......... georges brother jimmy is also a cool guy who is always working on fast cars he use to own a porsche that he would drive to the track with (e-town) put slicks on the car, run 9's, then put the street tires back on, AND DRIVE BACK HOME TO CT. last time i spoke to him he had a 911 putting down a moderate and mild 700 hp or so. cool guy and good friend. i met george once and he was a cool dude too.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 04:09 PM

ICS has excellent rep in the BMW forums, they make monster turbo M3s and s52 M Roadsters, I was going to go to them with my M roadster till I got an EVO and now guess where all my money is going?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Brian is a great guy, good friend of my BMW pal Chris and for sure ICS has an awesome reputation.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 05:57 PM

yeah george and brian are great guys and you can just hang out all day at the shop and gawk and the cars then take a few rides in them. whats georges STi at now i know it was at like 600 in july or august, then his M3 was doing 850 but it needed to be tweaked a bit since it wasn't really being their focus since they're usually backed up with tuning bmw's. but whenever i needed something put in the guys at ICS were usually able to fit me in the next day and everything that was done was perfect.
and the 300zx, and both supras (one black and one red) are both shop cars and should be really quick when it's finished. every once in awhile you can drive by and see an Evo or WRX getting worked on though. they know whats going on with pretty much any car thats got FI.
oh and that white porsche with the wing is his wifes car it's super clean
Old Dec 19, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Lol I beat Georges STi, he told me it had a VFGreen I think in it and said maybe 400 hp. Lol. It has some issues with the motor though, it is blowing smoke like crazy.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:25 AM

oh yeah 400 i think was what it was at(stage 2 upgrades or something). too many cars with good numbers at his shop to get it confused with. i know he can spin all 4 tires launching it though.

Quick Reply: ICS Performance