Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

PA: Philly suburbs - Any nice dealers around?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA: Philly suburbs - Any nice dealers around?

Are there dealers close to King of Prussia that are friendly to some common and basic bolt-on mods? Connicelli - are they still around, how are they? Anything in Pottstown or that area?

I bought an EVO 9 now and since the car has free service for 3 years, I was thinking of taking advantage of that instead of doing my own oil changes.

When I had my EVO 8, took it Jeff Dambrosio once (as it was the closest to me) and they treated me in a condescending way as my car was "modded": rims, spoiler removal, evo 7 tail lights and aftermarket gauges, everything else was stock - go figure.

Thanks

Last edited by xtnct; Feb 8, 2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:12 AM

Conicelli is no longer a Mitsu dealer. Steer clear from Fred Beans Mitsu, too, from what I've heard. I can't comment on any other Mitsu dealers locally.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:02 AM

How about Victory Mitsubishi in Havertown? I took mine there (pre-mods) for a problem and they seemed nice enough. Don't know how they'd treat modded evo's though. It's the only Mitsu dealership that I know of around KOP though.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

What's up w/ Beans? I heard that was a pretty good place to take it? What was your experience?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Metro Mitsubishi in South Philadelphia. I had my car inspected there with bolton's, boostcontroller, etc. and they didnt mention anything. If your trying to go for warrenty work, I dont know. They seem cool though. I threw my warranty out the window when I pulled off the lot, lol.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:46 AM

A friend bought an Evo used from Beans. He asked about the warranty, if it had any issues or anything he should know about. They had said that it had been modified when it was traded in, they removed all of the mods and put it back to stock, and said that since it was now stock that the previous modifications would not affect its warranty status. Fast forward a few months, the turbo starts to leak oil (car still stock at this point). He takes it back in, and they say that they will pay for the turbo, but not the labor to swap it, since the car was modified before the current owner purchased it. This is exactly what he had asked about before, and they said it they'd cover it as long as the new owner didn't modify the car.

I'd steer clear, but your experience may be different.