Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

PA used car warranty laws..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006 | 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

PA used car warranty laws..

Hey guys... I just bought a car I'm having a lot of issues with. I live in CT and bought it in PA. Do any of you know what kind of laws protect you in PA with used cars.
I bought hte car from a dealership AS-IS but under the impression that the car was inspected and everything was in VERY GOOD condition (as the dalership stated). Well, turns out the 1st day i found a transmission issue, and electrical problems, and a bad transfer case.
Tranni is void of warranty b/c of clutch/T.C. is on it's 3rd one and bad, electrical is seperate issue.

Anyways.. Main thing here: Anyone know what rights I have??? I thought that the car couldn't be mis-represented and that it had to be road-worthy, even if it was sold AS-IS unless disclaimers are made. Keep in mind I paid retail for the damn thing. 2003 Evo with 38,xxx miles. I paid $22,500 b4 tax/reg/etc.
Old Apr 9, 2006 | 06:28 AM

I think you had three days to return it if it was purchased at a place of business and not from a private owner. but i could be wrong?
Old Apr 9, 2006 | 06:39 AM

i'm wrong. if you signed the as-is paper work then you stuck. why would you spend over 20 thousand on a car with no warranty and "as-is". Anyways now you can feel free to mod away!! turn that car into a beast.
Old Apr 9, 2006 | 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, but do a search on Yahoo or Google or something for 'Pa Attorney General'.. When you get on his website, do a search for 'used car warranty' and see what you get. It appears to me that if you buy a used car as-is, you're stuck with fixing parts, how-ever the car needs to be road-worthy unless diclaimers are made. They put plates on a car with no cat and a very bad transfer case/tranni, also $700 of electrical problems I didn't discover till my ride home. They said the car was inspected and electrical was very good, tranni was very good, and the car had a cat. So theyre has to be some form of law protection for me.. I HOPE..