Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

July 5th North East Meet Confirmed...It's Show Time!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2003, 11:12 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need directions from So Cali
Old Apr 20, 2003, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
30 minutes? man, i hit springfield from hartford in 15...

i didnt think i was going too too fast either, i guess its the perfect distance for the extra 10mph to make a difference.

Lemme go request the day off, ill be there, and ill drag DaTenshi too

And brad, my camera will be there, with 40 floppies this time
Old Apr 20, 2003, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by flybyevo

I hope the weather will be clear. Neil tap into your Visor and give us the forecast!!!!
Actually, last I checked, weather.com is very difficult to navigate with wireless handheld devices - very non-WAP compliant... but I don't think you were serious, so I'll let it slide...
-N
Old Apr 20, 2003, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

im definitly down.. just gotta give a reminder post a week ahead of time
Old Apr 20, 2003, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going to talk to the to the owner again tomorrow morning when I drop my car off to have some JDM goodies installed. He usually throws a huge bash for the NE 3000GT members, so this is not his first time doing something like this...which is a good thing!

If anyone is in for it we could make it a weekend event. Directly across the street they just built a new hotel next to the Basketball Hall of Fame, so people could stay there. The day afetr the meet we could all go to Six Flags which is only a 5 minute drive from there. I just got a 3rd job and it is working for Six Flags Guest Relations office, so I can probably get a really good group deal for the day! And incase you guys didn't know, they have the number 1 rated rollercoaster in the US...Superman the Ride of Steel!

Lets here how many would be willing to do a 2 day event, I think it would make for one hell of a weekend personally!
Old Apr 20, 2003, 10:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

See if you can try to have a rain date set aside too if there's any impending awful weather. Hopefully it'll be as nice as the 12th was.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Good idea Andrew. I'll be sure to mention that to the owner in the morning. Is Ben going to come with you to the meet? I hope so, he's got one hell of a ride!!
Old Apr 21, 2003, 08:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

He told me no before, but I guess we'll see. I've made the drive dozens of times so it doesn't bother me, but I guess it sucks if you're not used to doing it. Maybe I'll stop in Worcester and stay with some friends that night. Hell if I know, but I've got plenty of time to figure something out.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by HobieKopek
He told me no before, but I guess we'll see. I've made the drive dozens of times so it doesn't bother me, but I guess it sucks if you're not used to doing it. Maybe I'll stop in Worcester and stay with some friends that night. Hell if I know, but I've got plenty of time to figure something out.
We would love to see your car in person...

The bad *** panda head was nice though....
Old Apr 22, 2003, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

What do you guys think about handing out invitations to non- ride owners at the show I'll be in this comming weekend? This way the show may turn up even bigger. I WILL NOT BE INVITING OTHER CARS TO JOIN THE MEET, but instead inviting them to come enjoy our rides and the entertainment that the dealership is trying to get for us. We could have people vote for which car they think is the best in different catagories and trophies may be awarded to the winners by Paul Houser, the dealer owner. He himself will have some rides from his personal collection there.
Let me know what you guys think!
Old Apr 22, 2003, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Sir Lancelot
What do you guys think about handing out invitations to non- ride owners at the show I'll be in this comming weekend? This way the show may turn up even bigger. I WILL NOT BE INVITING OTHER CARS TO JOIN THE MEET, but instead inviting them to come enjoy our rides and the entertainment that the dealership is trying to get for us. We could have people vote for which car they think is the best in different catagories and trophies may be awarded to the winners by Paul Houser, the dealer owner. He himself will have some rides from his personal collection there.
Let me know what you guys think!

Great idea Nick. I for one am all for it....
Old Apr 23, 2003, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks! When I go pick my car up from having some goodies put on tomorrow I'll tell the owner that we are going to do this.
I am hopfully going to have 2 Evo front seats and a rear Evo wing painted and put on by the time the meet comes. But it all depends on if I get the sponsorship from the dealer or not. After going a buck 40 sitting in one I know I want them for my OZ!
Old May 6, 2003, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

OK guys this show is going to be huge!
the owner of Peter Pan bus lines is letting us use hit personal marketing man for the show...for free. There are going to all of the local clubs from around my area attending as well. I advertised at a local show and it went over well. The idea of it being a charity car chow was a huge success, and there is going to be at least 75-80 local rides coming to donate and show their cars.
I want this thing to be as large as possible so that we can give something back to the community. I am going to be advertising for cars to bring a non-parishable food item with tham and they will only have t pay $12 instead of $15!

How many of you Lancer members plan on comming to the bash?
Let's round some guys up!
Old May 6, 2003, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Would be one nice road trip, but I'd love to come up from Cincy...
Old May 6, 2003, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

I hope you can make it Heggly..it's goin to be a hell of a time.
People had suggested making it into a weekend event. Saturday would be the charity show, and in that parking lot there is a brand new hotel, that members of the Lancer club will have discounted rates. Sunday we can all meet in that parking lot in the morning and then carpool about 5 miles down the road to Six Flags New England, which has the number one rated rollercoaster in America.
Anyone down for a weekend event?

Quick Reply: July 5th North East Meet Confirmed...It's Show Time!