Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

July 5th North East Meet Confirmed...It's Show Time!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2003 | 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

With the support of an established dealership I think we could get an organized Northeast club going for Lancers and other alike. The more people the come the better.
Old Jun 5, 2003 | 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by yycools
anyone wanna drive up together from boston.
I could meet you on the Pike somewhere...
-N
Old Jun 5, 2003 | 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Sir Lancelot

Hold a second meet sometime in september @ the Smith and Wesson gun manufacturers parking lot. Its about 5 minutes from where we are going to be in July. There we will be able to set up a road course for rallying (the porche and corvette club currently do ut there twice a year) so it wont be a problem.
Fair warning to drive a little slower around that place. My experience there says the roads aren't as well kept as they appear. I went over some railroad tracks there at roughly 20MPH in my old Mazda and realized at the last second that there was no pavement between the tracks. The damage from that hit popped a strut mount out of place and snapped one of my rear window's regulators. Cost me a couple hundred to get replacement parts....
-N
Old Jun 5, 2003 | 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

do we have a time on this yet or what?
Old Jun 5, 2003 | 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Not yet, but we are thinking around 12 or so. This way it gives everyone ample time to drive there. They just repaved the Smith and Wesson parking lot 3 weeks ago!
Old Jun 5, 2003 | 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

last time I went to houser mitsu, I remember they were a smaller sized dealer. From what I'm hearing, the get together will be a big event, can houser house us?
Old Jun 6, 2003 | 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by yycools
last time I went to houser mitsu, I remember they were a smaller sized dealer. From what I'm hearing, the get together will be a big event, can houser house us?
I hope the parking lot is bigger than Shaller. Is there a Subaru dealer nearby?

Nick, I haven't seen anything in a while about the amusement park. I don't know if I could go but it did sound interesting...

Flybyevo...
Old Jun 6, 2003 | 09:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah. Now all I gotta do is find a decent hotel and I'm golden.
Old Jun 6, 2003 | 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

you campn' over hobie why not just drive back home or are you planning to get f-d up
Old Jun 6, 2003 | 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

yycools- the meet is going to be held in the parking lot of the new basketball hall of fame so there will be plenty of parking for everyone.

flybyevo- if everyone else wants to go to the park the next day, I think its a great idea. We can get a group rate and it will be a blast!

Andrew- The basketball hall of fame shares a parking lot with a brand new hotel. The rates are decent and its a really nice place. Also in the parking lot is a Pizzaria Uno's, so we can grab a bite late night if we want.

I hope that answers everyone's questions for now. Any more... shoot them out guys!
Old Jun 8, 2003 | 12:47 AM

Just read up on the thread, haven't been on the site for awhile. For 1 count me in for the meet, that's atleast 1 more person to keep this thing going. also Everything was all bouncing around cause I read the 5 pages at once, but from the last thread it looks like the meet will be held at the basketball hall of fame instead of the mitsubishi dealer?? is that correct? Also what's the deal with the six flags thing, I haven't been there for a while and planned to go sometime this year, it would be sweet to roll up with a bunch of mitsubishis.
Old Jun 10, 2003 | 10:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Nick, could you find out the name of the hotel, please?

I'd rather not drive back the same day. I've done it several times before. It's not fun.
Old Jun 10, 2003 | 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

dsmroder21 - as of now the deal with the Six Flags issue is that I will go and whoever else that is willing to go the next morning (July 6) is more than welcome to join me. Whether it be 2 or 20 of u guys I have an employee pass so I can get in for free anyway. Anyone who is interested please say so now so that we can set something up.

Andrew - Ill find out the name of the hotel today for you. Ill post the information tonight!

Everyone who can definately go, sound off now.
Old Jun 10, 2003 | 11:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Consider HobieKopek +1, present and accounted for.
Old Jun 10, 2003 | 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Im obviously in along with 8 other members of my car club! Thats not including all of the rides that the owner will have from his personal collection of toys and the Rolls Rotce Club that the owner of Peter Pan Bus Lines runs.

Quick Reply: July 5th North East Meet Confirmed...It's Show Time!