Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

July 5th North East Meet Confirmed...It's Show Time!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2003, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Sir Lancelot
Bread Makes Me Poop!

Figured I would kick it up a notch and say somthing random!
Ok, Nick....just not in my car....

I am planning to come but also have some family obligations that may also happen. I will let you know as soon as I know...

Who is coming from Long Island so we can roll together...??

Flybyevo...
Old Jun 19, 2003, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlbroro isent derctly off the pike closees ting whould be the rt 9 or 495 exits
Old Jun 20, 2003, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

well, I think I'm gonna meet neilscully on the pike at charleton plaza service area between exit 10 and exit 9. meeting at a service area might be the easiest thing, WBMALoz and mark2002lancer, you guys wanna meet at a service area then?
Old Jun 20, 2003, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by yycools
well, I think I'm gonna meet neilscully on the pike at charleton plaza service area between exit 10 and exit 9. meeting at a service area might be the easiest thing, WBMALoz and mark2002lancer, you guys wanna meet at a service area then?
Actually, I just realized, this time with advance notice, that I may already be in Western MA that morning. I'll have to confirm/deny closer to the date, but I may miss this pre-meet too. ugh.
-N
Old Jun 20, 2003, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by neilscully

Actually, I just realized, this time with advance notice, that I may already be in Western MA that morning. I'll have to confirm/deny closer to the date, but I may miss this pre-meet too. ugh.
-N
Come on Neil what else have you to do on your birthday?

I hope to see you there. I may be in Seattle. If not I will show...

Flybyevo...
Old Jun 20, 2003, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

yea ill meet up but with way should i go from say rt 9 in framinham
Old Jun 20, 2003, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Guys I havent been on the forum for a while ive been busy but ill try and show up. 11 am thats early.... LOL but yea, nick make a copy of the video and stuff you made from the first meet i want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill pay you back for the tape you used
Old Jun 21, 2003, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, Ill try to get some cpoies made of the first meet and FLYby flyin by everything else on the road at 148 mph!

Another thing guys......
Here in Springfield there is a non-profit children's hospital called Shriner's Children's Medical Center where children from all over the world come for treatment from specialized doctors that can only be found there. Paul and I are trying to see if we can caravan down to the hospital and park in there parking lot for about an hour so that all of the kids can come out and see the cars. Now previous to them coming out to see our rides, they are going to be treated to a free showing of F&F inside the hospital, so when they come out they are gonna be pumped to see our cars which are like the ones in the movie (kinda..........we wish).

Can't wait for this guys.........gonna be tons of fun!
Old Jun 21, 2003, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

I need everyone that is going to say so.......so start sounding off. PLease if you are going to spend the night and go to Six Flags New England the next day, say so. Also if you are going to have guests and other cars with you, please let us know so we can have an accurate count so we know which lot we are going to use and how much food to supply.

FOR EVERY PERSON ATTENDING PLEASE BRING A NON-PARISHABLE FOOD ITEM SO THAT WE CAN DONATE THEM ALL TO A LOCAL SHELTER!

Thanks again guys!
Old Jun 21, 2003, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by flybyevo

Come on Neil what else have you to do on your birthday?
I didn't say I wouldn't make it... but my fiancee and I are scoping out a potential location for our wedding and it looks like its gonna have to be that morning. Since it's out in western MA, I'll already be nearby, so I'll definitely be at the meet, but I'm not gonna head back to eastern/central MA to meet up with the Boston guys in advance.
-N
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Sweet! Look in your palm to see what the wheather is gonna be like for that day Neil. I sure as hell hope its nice out so the meet can be that much more enjoyable.

Let me know what you guys think about the Shriner's Hospital idea too!
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

hey guys...i might be goin to da meet...soo...can sumone PM directions to da area from NYC

thanx
Old Jun 21, 2003, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

I am there dont no about next day though
Old Jun 21, 2003, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Someone requested directions, so I'll kick in and post some. First off, if you get lost at any time, keep this in mind - the Basketball Hall of Fame is VERY visible from the highway I91, which everyone (unless they are very local) is likely to use to get to this place. If you forget all other directions or get really lost, you'll probably be able to find it on your own once you see it on the highway. It's on the East side of the highway and very well marked. From either direction, the best exit to get off to get there will be the exit immediately before the place, but if you get off the one immediately afterward, no big deal.

NYC people will come into CT probably by I-95N and then switch to I-91N in New Haven. Continue along up I-91 until exit 4 in MA, and from then, get off the highway but follow it on the main road that follows the highway until you see a pack of Lancers, etc outside Houser's dealerships. More upstate NY people may want to come into CT on I-84 E and they will have an opportunity around Hartford to switch to I-91 N... do that and follow the same instructions.

Those in MA will probably get onto I-91 S from the Pike (I-90) or Rt 20. Either way, go I-91S until exit 7 and follow the main road that follows the highway until you see Houser. Those in really upstate NY will probably also come into MA on I-90 E and continue down I-91S from there. VT people can come down I-91S as well. RI drivers will probably be best off to come up to MA and take Rt20W or I-90W until I-91S. NH drivers can come down Rt 3S, down Rt 4S, to 495S to 290W to 90W and then continue down I-91S like other instructions.

If anyone has any suggestions for changes, just pm me and I'll update. But at least this post can be the directions for everyone... and I'll continue to be mocked for my Mapquest-like directions ability. ;-)
-N
Old Jun 22, 2003, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Everyone give a 'round of applause for the world's one and only walking MAPQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*and the crowd goes wild*

Quick Reply: July 5th North East Meet Confirmed...It's Show Time!