Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Paint and Body Shop in NJ/NY/CT Area?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint and Body Shop in NJ/NY/CT Area?

I've used search but only come up with random threads about repainting cars / parts but nothing about this specifically so here goes..

(1) Anyone know a good paint/body shop in NY/NJ/CT that can paint a previously white bumper / hood (to Rally Red) and do a good job matching the fenders / etc on a RR Evo?

Previous experiences w/ other cars/parts painted and cost info are very welcome here.

(2) Any ideas on what it would cost? I know it's a range, but ballpark? (Assuming no prep done by me, except bringing in the white bumper, white hood separately and asking shop to paint and match parts to red car)

Appreciate the help guys.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OsoiCT9A
I've used search but only come up with random threads about repainting cars / parts but nothing about this specifically so here goes..

(1) Anyone know a good paint/body shop in NY/NJ/CT that can paint a previously white bumper / hood (to Rally Red) and do a good job matching the fenders / etc on a RR Evo?

Previous experiences w/ other cars/parts painted and cost info are very welcome here.

(2) Any ideas on what it would cost? I know it's a range, but ballpark? (Assuming no prep done by me, except bringing in the white bumper, white hood separately and asking shop to paint and match parts to red car)

Your just looking in the wrong place bro break open the yellow pages and find you a good shop. As for the answers to your questions. OF course they will match your fenders no problem. Its called blending and what will happen is this. They paint your bumper and hood RR and blend to the fenders, so your whole front clip will get color and clear on it. Only on your fenders it will get very lil color then blend/fade it out into your old paint. Do not let them do it if they "claim" they can panel paint and get the color "right on". Thats almost impossible with a red car. I can not really give you a good idea on what it will cost cause I work in Tulsa Ok and your labor rates might be a lil diff then here. But for a good ballpark figure, I would guess 1200 to 1500 at a GOOD shop that does good work. It could be less, but keep in mind your almost doing half of your car. And BTW dont take them your parts and drop them off or it WILL NOT match. Blend time is about half as much as paint time. Even if they were going to Butt Match it/ Panel Paint it, they would still need your car there to tint the paint. My advice, Get the whole front clip done, it will look like it came that way, and its only a few bills more to get your fenders blended. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, I have been painting cars for the last 11 years so if I can help let me know. Good luck

Josh
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:12 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by OsoiCT9A

pmed you
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:53 PM

Thanks for all the help guys.. Ultimate, I will get at you when I have all my parts ready and try to get a quote then. Anyone else have ideas about this?