Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Cam install CT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoracingstar
d u could try victory research. idk though about them. i would go with the shop though if anything
good luck!
I've heard good things...and it's VICTOR not Victory...just to clarify
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Whatever you do make sure a known reputable shop that specializes in evo,s does the install. If you go the other way to save some money you,ll pay for it in the end big time.Like i said before either pruven performance or the shop. Your close to both of them and they charge the going rate.They are not going to beat you.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 07:52 AM

For those Interested feel free to stop by XX Tuning and check it out for yourself!!
Old Feb 7, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been to XX once, and it will be my last time. From what my friend and I had, horrible customer service and just bad attitude. Awesome show room no doubt, but would not go there for my car. Also, I would NEVER leave my car there, since they have the rep of bringing out customers cars to the pike...Cough To race Cough.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:04 PM

As far as Customer service I am sorry about that. This is Craig from XX Tuning and I am the new Sales Manager. As far as atitude we had a employee leave us and it might be who you dealt with. He was a good guy but came off harsh to some people so I am sorry about that. As far as that customer car thing, that happened before I came back to the company, but I do believe the employee had permission and we had just done some tranny work and he was to drive it to break the clutch in. I would like to have people have a new judgement of us and I am personally taking care of the Evo Customers. We are tuning a EVO as of me writing this reply right now. Car started at 303 HP and we are now at 356HP with conservative/safe air fuel. I am willing to help out any EVO customer with any of their needs. Please come by the shop and ask for me (Craig) and I will handle it. Even though we are known for Subarus we have plenty experience in EVO's and I am actually stocking parts now for these cars. I apoligize for any bad customer service that anyone had in the past. I am here now for any future questions/sales and I will be honest with you. Thank You!!!
Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, the car had a new tranny in it, but the car had also been there for a LONG time. I talked to the owner numerous times and he wanted to persue a lawsuit, but I decided to give you guys a second chance. There were other witnesses to the event also so it would have worked nicely. The car was nice, you guys did good work, but taking out a customers car...and racing? C'mon now. Hopefully things have changed.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

lets try and keep this on topic guys...there's another thread devoted to bashing all evo shops in CT...

i also don't think 300 is outlandish at all. i paid 300 at pruven, and ive heard other shops charge around the same. You might get cheaper if you have an individual do it instead of a shop...but you better hope they know what they're doing.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

go with "THE SHOP" the did my cams, great people and great service
Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:27 PM
Account Disabled

All I can tell you guys is that Pruven does a great job with cams - I have seen them do them hundreds of times on evos with no problems

And The Shop does a great job on cams as well

The mechanic at The Shop who works on evos - Marlon is a really great guy and I have been there several months and never seen any problems

Most reputable shops wont low ball a price on a cam job as they know its important to do it slow - methodical and careful so nothing goes wrong

cam jobs have a huge potential to destroy a motor if done wrong whcih is why they are not dirt cheap

For example i diagnosed a car a few months back which had the end cam cap installed backwards by a local shop which resulted in the head being trashed - worse - that same shop tried to tune it in that condition - loud engine noises

Cam job is not a area to cut corners - IMHO

Al
Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

well said...pay the money and get it done right
Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
All I can tell you guys is that Pruven does a great job with cams - I have seen them do them hundreds of times on evos with no problems

And The Shop does a great job on cams as well

The mechanic at The Shop who works on evos - Marlon is a really great guy and I have been there several months and never seen any problems

Most reputable shops wont low ball a price on a cam job as they know its important to do it slow - methodical and careful so nothing goes wrong

cam jobs have a huge potential to destroy a motor if done wrong whcih is why they are not dirt cheap

For example i diagnosed a car a few months back which had the end cam cap installed backwards by a local shop which resulted in the head being trashed - worse - that same shop tried to tune it in that condition - loud engine noises

Al
true
Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

The Shop is running a cam install special for this month. $200 for cam install, you can't beat that:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=247101
Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XK120
I've heard good things...and it's VICTOR not Victory...just to clarify
thanks for clarify that didnt even notice that

Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoracingstar
thanks for clarify that didnt even notice that