Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marshall O
On that note, I think I will be attending the Auto-X event afterall! I mentioned it to the wife and she didn't have a problem with it, and we have nothing scheduled so...I guess there is no reason not too!
W000000t! I'm so happy to hear that Marshall- it's gonna be a friggin' blast.

Originally Posted by dexmix

Also - i've got 3 liters of ATE Superblue, and my stainless brake lines on their way to me.

Holler! Thanks Dex... we'll take care of your brakes one night during the week or on an upcoming weekend...
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
Also - i've got 3 liters of ATE Superblue, and my stainless brake lines on their way to me.

oooo oooo, 1 liter is for me?

Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So to those who have done brakes. I did mine last night, to make sure i am not crazy, you need to bang those pins out with a punch. I tried to just use pliers but the friction collar was really tight and required some persuasion. Also, i definitelly needed to bang them back in.

The pad closest to me wasnt bad to get out but i had to pry the inside pad to get it loose. Is this all normal? They are all changed now i was just wondering. I thought it would have been a tad more easier then normal brakes which i personally think are easier to do, loosen 1 bolt, remove the other, rotate caliper and change pads.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
So to those who have done brakes. I did mine last night, to make sure i am not crazy, you need to bang those pins out with a punch. I tried to just use pliers but the friction collar was really tight and required some persuasion. Also, i definitelly needed to bang them back in.

The pad closest to me wasnt bad to get out but i had to pry the inside pad to get it loose. Is this all normal? They are all changed now i was just wondering. I thought it would have been a tad more easier then normal brakes which i personally think are easier to do, loosen 1 bolt, remove the other, rotate caliper and change pads.

Yes, you must punch the pins out

Yes, you must hammer/punch them back in

Yes, the pads can be tough to get out... you have to push the piston back with the old pad and then quickly swap the old pad for the new one before the piston returns...

It all seems pretty normal... you made sure to reuse the stock shims, right? or did you new pads come with the offset shims?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Yes, you must punch the pins out

Yes, you must hammer/punch them back in

Yes, the pads can be tough to get out... you have to push the piston back with the old pad and then quickly swap the old pad for the new one before the piston returns...

It all seems pretty normal... you made sure to reuse the stock shims, right? or did you new pads come with the offset shims?
Stupid hawt brakes

The fronts had metal shims but the rears didnt so i reused the rear ones. I didnt use brake grease though because i didnt have any, but whatever i do what i want. If the rears start to squeal they are easier to do then the fronts anyway.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
On that note, I think I will be attending the Auto-X event afterall! I mentioned it to the wife and she didn't have a problem with it, and we have nothing scheduled so...I guess there is no reason not too!

I also plan on going to the track next Friday night, as well as attending the NED event on the 2nd
I will be attending next Friday (25th) and Saturday (2nd) as well
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Stupid hawt brakes

The fronts had metal shims but the rears didnt so i reused the rear ones. I didnt use brake grease though because i didnt have any, but whatever i do what i want. If the rears start to squeal they are easier to do then the fronts anyway.
Yeah, should be fine... I ended up using the spray-on brake anti-squeal on Jay's and the disgusting pink anti-squeal on mine..... they still will squeal or ring whenever they feel like it...it's not worth the mess...
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

turcos winz again

btw i gave davids a tub of caliper grease if u wanna take them apart and grease them.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
turcos winz again

btw i gave davids a tub of caliper grease if u wanna take them apart and grease them.
maybe next time i do it, i would have to switch them out before any sort of motorsport event.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

maybe next time i do it, i would have to switch them out before any sort of motorsport event.

What pads did you put in?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

What pads did you put in?
Hawk Ceramics
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Hawk Ceramics

Nice. I liked mine a lot... They didn't dust too badly, and when they did it didn't really stick to the wheels too badly, either.

No noise, either which is nice.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Tell Tony he has to remember they are evo's not old DSM's

thanks for tellin me you were goin, I had today off and just bought race gas. Guess we need to go back up soon... next Friday??
Paul - I didn't run my car. I only went because a buddy of mine was in town and wanted to go for good 'ol times. My buddy Adam ran his S4 though. I want to go in the next couple of weeks. My car is literally torturing Mike and I now as he might tell you about. So if it starts cooperating I'll give you a shout.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Nice. I liked mine a lot... They didn't dust too badly, and when they did it didn't really stick to the wheels too badly, either.

No noise, either which is nice.
yeah should be a great street pad, unlike the somewhat noisy and horribly dusty stock brembos.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/16/r...st-impression/

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread