Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be posting up a thread (well maybe, I need 50 posts ), but here are the details:

Car made 311 WHP on a Mustang dyno (which would be around 400 crank HP) on pump gas. Has the sun, sound & leather package (sunroof, Infinity 6 speaker system w/ 10” sub (or is it 8"?) & amp, leather seats, & HID self leveling head lights). 23,300 miles currently, I bought it with 9,000.

Mods: ACT 2600 clutch, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Hallman in-car manual boost controller (Pro-Evolution) set at 24/25 PSI, 3” Megan Racing turbo back (including O2 housing – no cat), Megan Racing exhaust manifold, Slow Boy Racing front mount intercooler w/ lower intercooler pipe, K&N air filter, Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator, Boost & Oil pressure, coolant temp gauges, AEM UEGO WBO2, Clarion in-dash DVD/CD player w/ 7" touchscreen, Blox front motor mount, Megan Racing lowering springs & 5Zigen FN01RC 17”x9” matte black wheels mounted on Yokohama Advan A046 w/ plenty of tread left.

Pricing:

Sell w/ all mods, stock wheels = $28,200

Sell w/all mods & new wheels = $29,000

Stock exhaust, stock FMIC, LICP, AFPR, stock radio, stock wheels, no WBO2 (but w/ clutch, flywheel, fuel pump, manifold, O2 housing & gauges) = $27,200

Let me know what you guys think about the pricing. (too high/low?) I would need a cat to complete the exhaust, and a FMIC & LICP if that was how someone wanted the car. Anyone have these just in case? Also, not sure if it would be worth it to take the springs off or not...

Last edited by Marshall O; Sep 2, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 09:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Marshall this is terrible news but good luck with everything. I hope it works out!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:00 AM

I know....I have had at least one DSM for the past 6 (almost 7!) years, and turbo, AWD ones for the past 4...I know I am REALLY going to miss it. But I think it is best at this time. In a year/year and a half I will get something else. Not sure what yet, but AWD turbo are musts, and needs to be auto (for the wife!), paddle shifters a huge plus!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Marshall...

sorry to hear about your messy and frustrating labor day... we missed you guys, but it's all good.

Also, I'm sad to hear that you may be getting rid of the car, though I don't think you're making a bad choice at all. We can talk more about the pricing and some options you have for un-modding it... I may be interested in some of the mods and I definitely have stock pieces laying around... we should catch up this week...
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
crossthreading evo oil filters FTL.... as long as you were using synthetic, and the head is no longer ticking now that you have proper oil - it should be fine. luckily i heard the oil gushing out onto my garage floor before i attempted to move the vehicle.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

I changed a filter in the dark at my friend's place.. and the only time in my life... the rubber gasket stuck on my housing.

So I started up the car to leave and my friend called me 1 min later saying...... ummmmmmmmmmmm you left a large trail of oil. I backtracked and left a trail of oil carnage leading to his driveway.

Lmao, I was so embarassed! Double gaskets are FTL! Haha
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by dexmix
crossthreading evo oil filters FTL.... as long as you were using synthetic, and the head is no longer ticking now that you have proper oil - it should be fine. luckily i heard the oil gushing out onto my garage floor before i attempted to move the vehicle.
I still (and have always used in the Evo) Mobil 1, and no, the head is no longer ticking. Sounds normal thankfully. I litterally had the car on for maybe 15-20 seconds. I'll take it for a drive tonight to make sure all is well.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
I changed a filter in the dark at my friend's place.. and the only time in my life... the rubber gasket stuck on my housing.

So I started up the car to leave and my friend called me 1 min later saying...... ummmmmmmmmmmm you left a large trail of oil. I backtracked and left a trail of oil carnage leading to his driveway.

Lmao, I was so embarassed! Double gaskets are FTL! Haha
Glad to hear I'm not alone Steve! I was pretty embarrassed as well yesterday...I got oil all over my inlaws garage & driveway...
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Marshall...

sorry to hear about your messy and frustrating labor day... we missed you guys, but it's all good.

Also, I'm sad to hear that you may be getting rid of the car, though I don't think you're making a bad choice at all. We can talk more about the pricing and some options you have for un-modding it... I may be interested in some of the mods and I definitely have stock pieces laying around... we should catch up this week...
Thanks Dave I'll probably give you a call after work tonight.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...0&postcount=43
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

glad the evo is ok marshall. i had a little oil mishap myself this weekend... i somehow managed to over fill my tank by .75-1 quart. i think its because i changed the oil cold and it did not fully drain. i took her out for a short drive then realized what i had done and drained the appropriate amount out.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

sweet!

i mean, this shouldn't come as a surprise... if you're not slipping the clutch constantly or at high rpm, you shouldn't be expecting it to be toasted in 20k miles.

I do still hope to eek 100k out of mine but now that I average less than 1 mile per work day put on the car, I don't see that happening. it's far more likely that I'll rip it up with my multiple hill-starts per day....
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...1&postcount=25

Damn....
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR Turco
damn! so much fora completely stock looking engine bay.

looks like i'll be giving Dave back his turbo inlet eventually.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Sep 2, 2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dexmix
damn! so much fora completely stock looking engine bay.

looks like i'll be giving Dave back his turbo inlet eventually.
I will probably keep the inlet and just change the filter element. I head the intake tube is actually pretty good and people have some issues with the hard pipes.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread