Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marshall O
Good to know. I actually can get it with an extended warranty believe it or not. But I will likely stay away from it to avoid the issues...

How about '02-'03 S60 AWD's?

If you opt for ANY type of extended warranty PLEASE READ the fine print. Most of those policies do not cover what you think. Many out source for used parts first, then aftermarket, and last resort an OEM part. And you have no say in it. Make sure that all gaskets/hardware/seals/fluids/lubricants...blah blah blah are covered in the contract too. Many people over look that when they buy it. We had a customer take it in the shorts because he bought some half azzed warranty from a used car lot and it only covered hard parts. Not anything associated with sealing components. It cost him $1500 for the contract ,and almost $900 for us to reseal the cylinder head after it went to the machine shop for resurfacing. Which wasn't covered either. Be careful....LOTS OF LOOP HOLES

S60 AWD's are very decent cars. And since you know someone in the company I can help out parts/service needs. If you decide to go Volvo, I can definitely steer you in the best direction for keeping that car solid
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:59 PM

Dave, come on, you should know me by now! AWD turbo or fail!

Actually...they have a Baja as well weird enough! I just don't know if I could be seen in one of those...haha
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

the baja is baller. if you think otherwise, you're not welcome at my home.

(your car and intercooler are, tho....so just leave them in teh street and I takes care of the rest, k?)
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
If you opt for ANY type of extended warranty PLEASE READ the fine print. Most of those policies do not cover what you think. Many out source for used parts first, then aftermarket, and last resort an OEM part. And you have no say in it. Make sure that all gaskets/hardware/seals/fluids/lubricants...blah blah blah are covered in the contract too. Many people over look that when they buy it. We had a customer take it in the shorts because he bought some half azzed warranty from a used car lot and it only covered hard parts. Not anything associated with sealing components. It cost him $1500 for the contract ,and almost $900 for us to reseal the cylinder head after it went to the machine shop for resurfacing. Which wasn't covered either. Be careful....LOTS OF LOOP HOLES

S60 AWD's are very decent cars. And since you know someone in the company I can help out parts/service needs. If you decide to go Volvo, I can definitely steer you in the best direction for keeping that car solid
Love the advice Tim, very good to know! I have never done any kind of extended warranty, so I had no idea that could be the case! You are the man! I have always like S60's...especially the R's.

Thanks for the advice & help you guys!!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
the baja is baller. if you think otherwise, you're not welcome at my home.

(your car and intercooler are, tho....so just leave them in teh street and I takes care of the rest, k?)
You make me laugh...thanks for that!!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

If you decide to go to an R model, and you cans wing it, opt for an '06 or '07. They have the latest n greatest AWD system that is bulletproof. The other systems have 1 issue which is the temp sensor in the DEM (Differential Elec Module) the brain of the AWD. Its an easy fix, but you do not know anything is wrong until you need AWD....and it don't work

Srsly, any questions please ask. Been here 12 years come next month. I know a thing or two
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

If you decide to go to an R model, and you cans wing it, opt for an '06 or '07. They have the latest n greatest AWD system that is bulletproof. The other systems have 1 issue which is the temp sensor in the DEM (Differential Elec Module) the brain of the AWD. Its an easy fix, but you do not know anything is wrong until you need AWD....and it don't work

Srsly, any questions please ask. Been here 12 years come next month. I know a thing or two
daaaammmnnn ur old!!!!

i keed i keed. i luv u.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

not old...just started young, and still have an a$$ like a HS cheerleader
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:35 PM

Very good Tim. If I do go the Volvo route, I will be in touch sure! I would love an '06-'07 R for sure, but that is a little much for what I need right now. Thanks for the continued advice though!!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:36 PM

PS 50 posts FTMFW!!!!!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
PS 50 posts FTMFW!!!!!
way to go bud, how many years did it take?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 02:26 PM

You will think twice about saying that when chances are that when your cheering a$$ is on top of the pyramid its either Dex or Paul grabbing ahold on the bottom tryin to showstopper that tight thang

....and to continue on about all things same sex, only Baja's I see in my area ( 4 of which) are all owned by butch woman with rainbow stickers on the rear tailgate. Gonna make you think twice
Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

im not gunna argue with the later

jealous dexter?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

I went the whole damn day without getting on evoM once cuz I was so damn busy. My friend who was coming to visit this weekend bailed on me, so theres a better chance i MIGHT be going on the cruise Sunday.

So who wants to drive to Billerica and go out to the bars? Anyone?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
so who thinks i can install the LICP without removing the bumper? Sigh to removing the undertray again...
Not sure if you got it on yet but I removed my front bumper when I installed the muse licp.

I spent too much time trying to do things the long way with the DSM, now I just take the extra 10 min to make it easy on myself

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread