Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2008, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I has a large (fmic). Woot! I will be working a bit today but I am up for car washing later and some pics. Gimme a call brtches!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 05:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
noyce. I might be washing and waxing here today but give me a call when you are out.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 08:43 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Just went for a beat run now that the LICP is installed. The LICP had what looked like a weak bead so i wanted to make sure if the pipe wanted to blow off it would be close to home, otherwise it was a decent piece. Fitment wasn't "ZOMG perfect" , like i found the megan DP to be, it seems to hit the under tray a tad but it was definitely worth the money. All in all i definitely felt a nice increase in power from what the butt dyno tells me. Car spiked 27psi without knock and without issue. Car seems to be holding a lot more by 7k. I need to take some logs to verify.

My brakes are horrific though. I really need to get rid of the squealing or i am going to have to switch back to the old pads...
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
I has a large (fmic). Woot! I will be working a bit today but I am up for car washing later and some pics. Gimme a call brtches!
i already washed teh evo today, but i think im down for hanging out/pics later. im in ri right now. i will call you when im on my way back davids.

ugh i is the super tired right now. last night turned very quickly from "having one or two" to "oh boy i cant see straight" lol
Old Sep 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Just went for a beat run now that the LICP is installed. The LICP had what looked like a weak bead so i wanted to make sure if the pipe wanted to blow off it would be close to home, otherwise it was a decent piece. Fitment wasn't "ZOMG perfect" , like i found the megan DP to be, it seems to hit the under tray a tad but it was definitely worth the money. All in all i definitely felt a nice increase in power from what the butt dyno tells me. Car spiked 27psi without knock and without issue. Car seems to be holding a lot more by 7k. I need to take some logs to verify.

My brakes are horrific though. I really need to get rid of the squealing or i am going to have to switch back to the old pads...
Which part was hitting the undertray? I didn't have that problem on mine. Are you on the stock FMIC?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 03:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by tvieira24
Which part was hitting the undertray? I didn't have that problem on mine. Are you on the stock FMIC?
The pipe was hitting the undertray where the oil cooler door of the undertray meets the larger undertray, if that makes sense. I am running the stock FMIC.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 07:32 AM

So...in my search for the next vehicle, I test drove a 2003 350Z touring 6 speed (loaded w/ nav, etc), and I must say...I liked it! I can get one $10-12k less than the Evo. Power isn't bad, just missing a little up top. Nothing a turbo kit couldn't fix :-O Any thoughts??
Old Sep 14, 2008, 07:57 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Those motors hate being boosted but the VQ35 is pretty indestructible otherwise. It was one of the best motors of the year for like 3 years in a row. Other than that it will be useless in the winter and no room for moving anything but a set of golf clubs. They are uber hawt though.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:06 AM

Pretty much what I thought...Like I said, power isn't bad, just not great. I think I would be happy with like 50 more whp? Winter is not a problem, I didn't drive the Evo once last winter. And I have the work truck to move stuff. Thanks for your input Turco!
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:09 AM

I just posted the Evo up in craigslist. But how the f*** do you space out things? It deleted all spaces and lumped it all together. Anyone know?
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Those motors hate being boosted but the VQ35 is pretty indestructible otherwise. It was one of the best motors of the year for like 3 years in a row. Other than that it will be useless in the winter and no room for moving anything but a set of golf clubs. They are uber hawt though.
yeah from what i heard they dont take to boost very well
Old Sep 14, 2008, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Marshall, if it's anything like programming HTML then you need to put in a <P> for paragraph break.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 05:11 PM

Thanks Steve. I figured it out afterwards...I guess when you originally create the post, it does not show the spaces, but when you actually 'publish' it, they put them back in. Weird though...
Old Sep 14, 2008, 05:13 PM

So, everyone knows the 5Zigens I have. If anyone has a set of stock wheels (with tires on them that will pass inspection, doesn't matter summer, all season or winter), would you be willing to trade me your set for me 5Zigens (with the Advans mounted obviously) plus a little cash? Even if you went off and sold them right after, I would be totally ok with it. If you are interested, let me know ASAP! This means you Turco, Paul, Dex, etc! Thanks guys!!
Old Sep 14, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha if you need to "pass" inspections you could use my old setup since they're not on the car and they WILL pass inspection... But for a permanent trade... I don't think your rims will fit my car.. haha

Marshall good luck with selling the car.. I really wish i wasn't so far under with college payments... Its time for me to upgrade.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread