Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2008, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya man, I need stock Evo wheels, either VIII or IX, to trade my car in. They requested the tires to have enough to pass inspection for whoever buys it next...
Old Sep 14, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

dude my advans were straight up bald and i passed inspection...

i'd consider traiding for my winter VIIIs but you probably dont want those and i wont give up the blizzaks haha.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marshall O
Ya man, I need stock Evo wheels, either VIII or IX, to trade my car in. They requested the tires to have enough to pass inspection for whoever buys it next...
so you're looking at a 350Z eh? those are niceee cars.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 06:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dex has a couple sets of stock wheels. He would probably be interested in some lighter track wheels anyways... Marshall if you end up needing wheels I will be glad to swap tires on to my stockers. I really want my winter tires since they are like $225 a piece but i dont really car what wheels i run.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx

i'd consider traiding for my winter VIIIs but you probably dont want those and i wont give up the blizzaks haha.
if a car fails inspection, the dealer is responsible for fixing whatever it is that makes it fail, so they are covering their *** in case the car inspection station actually does their job.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Dex has a couple sets of stock wheels. He would probably be interested in some lighter track wheels anyways... Marshall if you end up needing wheels I will be glad to swap tires on to my stockers. I really want my winter tires since they are like $225 a piece but i dont really car what wheels i run.
good call. dexter you totally should trade ur MR wheels for these...

Originally Posted by crazymikie
if a car fails inspection, the dealer is responsible for fixing whatever it is that makes it fail, so they are covering their *** in case the car inspection station actually does their job.
but hes selling it privately, no?
Old Sep 14, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i smell ninja edit...

but yea he mentioned something about a trade-in i think.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:07 PM

even so, there is a 3 day period in MA that a buyer can change their mind. if the car fails inspection, i think they'd have reason to get their money back if they wanted.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
350Z's are very nice cars, I owned one for 2 years before the evo, but they have alot of little quirky problems. Clicking rear axle's, tranny's issues ect. that were horrible in '03 and I'm not too sure if they fixed thigns in later production years. Also one odd thing that I noticed in not only mine, but 2 other Z's (another '03 & '05) while driving under normal condition's, a large amount of heat would be given off from the tranny tunnel, enough to make you put on the AC after making you that hot. It started this right before I traded it in, so I never looked too much into it. Not trying to sit here and bash Nissan or the Z, they were a well built car overall with a strong motor that was very fun to drive, they just had odd and end things that get annoying sometimes. Oh yeah, make sure the fuel hose from the fill point to the tank recall was done, as Nissan stated it "Fuel leaking from deffective hose could be ignited from hot exhaust components that could potentially cause car to burst into flames" lol. I'll never forget that letter, I might have even kept it because it was so amusing.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 05:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most cars with a longitudinal transmission will get the tunnel hot. That sounds pretty bad if it made the engine bay that hot.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:05 AM

Ya, I know man. Whatever, as long as they are close to the 'legal limit'. I don't think it matters if there are snows on them or not. I have summers on it now, so it is only logical for them to expect me to have a set of winters. So wait, you have a set of VIII's with a crappy set of winters, then the SE's, and another set with Blizzaks? Or are the blizzaks on the VIII's? Either way, if no one else is interested, winters will work fine for me!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:09 AM

Dex should definitely trade up And yes, I am trading it in. So do I give a f*** what the tires are, no. The dealer just explicitly said, make sure the tires on the stock wheels have enough tread to pass...whatever though. A set of stockers with a crappy set of all-seasons would be best, since the cheaper the better. But doesn't matter to me. I would rather give someone a set of brand new wheels with Advans and trade for stockers (plus a little cash...) then trade the car in with them and actually lose a little money...
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by EvoooB
350Z's are very nice cars, I owned one for 2 years before the evo, but they have alot of little quirky problems. Clicking rear axle's, tranny's issues ect. that were horrible in '03 and I'm not too sure if they fixed thigns in later production years. Also one odd thing that I noticed in not only mine, but 2 other Z's (another '03 & '05) while driving under normal condition's, a large amount of heat would be given off from the tranny tunnel, enough to make you put on the AC after making you that hot. It started this right before I traded it in, so I never looked too much into it. Not trying to sit here and bash Nissan or the Z, they were a well built car overall with a strong motor that was very fun to drive, they just had odd and end things that get annoying sometimes. Oh yeah, make sure the fuel hose from the fill point to the tank recall was done, as Nissan stated it "Fuel leaking from deffective hose could be ignited from hot exhaust components that could potentially cause car to burst into flames" lol. I'll never forget that letter, I might have even kept it because it was so amusing.
Thanks for the heads up man! I know of the recalls for '03 (didn't check yet for '04's), but I will make sure any and all were done. Tranny issues? Just with auto's, or 6-sp?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Ya, I know man. Whatever, as long as they are close to the 'legal limit'. I don't think it matters if there are snows on them or not. I have summers on it now, so it is only logical for them to expect me to have a set of winters. So wait, you have a set of VIII's with a crappy set of winters, then the SE's, and another set with Blizzaks? Or are the blizzaks on the VIII's? Either way, if no one else is interested, winters will work fine for me!
My VIIIs have the Blizzaks. I was saying that if I wanted to swap, I'd want to keep the Blizzaks since they are brand new and I paid an a$$ ton for them. That would essentially defeat any purpose in you swapping wheels/tires... Sorry buddy! Wish I could help! Those 5Zigens would be ballllah

Last edited by Paulnsx; Sep 15, 2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:52 AM

No problem man! I still have other options...

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread