Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulnsx
thats all i knows. i think marshall-face is helping out now... so he doesn't need to drive up to timz. thx tho timz. u r teh man!
Well if he knows the tech there, than he should be good. Really weird that has happened I just talked to one of their service advisors this morning about my calipers. Lets hope Westboro can come through for me. As my old dealer here kept trippin over themselves with excuses and delayed every response for over a year from the rep. Just honor the warranty that we paid for when we purchased our cars. I think they quickly forget that a percentage of the price of the car is for unexpected warranty coverage.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulnsx
zomg gay! i has no loves from mr turcos!
You will know soon enough.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Well if he knows the tech there, than he should be good. Really weird that has happened I just talked to one of their service advisors this morning about my calipers. Lets hope Westboro can come through for me. As my old dealer here kept trippin over themselves with excuses and delayed every response for over a year from the rep. Just honor the warranty that we paid for when we purchased our cars. I think they quickly forget that a percentage of the price of the car is for unexpected warranty coverage.
tim when do you want to do the suspension?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I will have a stocker as of tomorrow evening to lend out if need be.

Bill if you need help with the direct boost control let me know i am in uxbridge now so i am not too far from you.
Sweet, I'll keep that in mind

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Bill, you live near the end of the earth?!? Weird...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
tim when do you want to do the suspension?
...ummm yesrterday

I have a big issue on my plate right now that is far more important. So, I do not have an answer. I may be able to get a sitter one night, and maybe we can blast it out at Daves one night. But I have to check my schedule + my techs schedule for the alignment. I will hit you guys up, and hope to get this done prior to it getting cold outside. I may just do the job here with the tech who will be aligning my car. We may just dedicate a night to doing it all at once. Still unsure...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

whatever let me know.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Ya, about that garage. My wife's car got broken into (smashed passenger window both times), not once, but twice. First time they got her cd player & wallet. Second time, they took the three pennies she had in the cup holder. Yes, you read that right. That neighborhood is definitely sketchy!! I went to WPI as well btw.
meh?! wow... i parked this car their the past two years and no one touched it...

Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Can I just say that I never ever thought I could get so fncking upset about a car. This has to be the worse car related day of my life. I have a migrane because of the stress
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
meh?! wow... i parked this car their the past two years and no one touched it...

maybe too ricey?!? thieves have standards, too, you know...

just playing, not a bad looking tC...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
Can I just say that I never ever thought I could get so fncking upset about a car. This has to be the worse car related day of my life. I have a migrane because of the stress

What the heck happened, man?! I'd highly suggest removing whatever you can from your mods list...especially the boost controller if you're going to attempt a warranty repair.

How'd the car perform on teh cruise?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
Well, lets hope all works out. If there is anything we can do, let us know. I will try to help in anyway I can. I offered my stock exh, but I guess you found means closer. Which is good. Tell your technician friend to put in a good word for me about my calipers...PLEASE!!!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
maybe too ricey?!? thieves have standards, too, you know...

just playing, not a bad looking tC...
lol yea... for the amount of money i put in that car, i get just as much attention in my stock evo... its sad really.

what's goin on with doccola?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

my guess is his car is broken.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

We have already "removed" the boost controller and I'm putting my stock air box and a stock cat back from Marshall on tomorrow in the AM before work. Ugh.

Before I continue, I owe a big thanks to Paul for asking around to everyone trying to help me out, and I owe a thanks to Tim, Chris, Kate and Marshall for all offering their cat backs to me. I still have to call Marshall in a little bit.

Anyway, as far as what happened, I have no clue. I got in my car this morning, turned it on, took it easy crusing to the highway (3 miles or so from my house, plenty of time to warm the engine up slowly), I get on Rt 2 with out even pushing the car and I'm two miles down the highway and I hear a clunck and a pssssssshhhhh and see a bit of smoke comming out of the hole in the hood as I pull over as fast as I can.

I had no idea what was wrong with the car. I ended up calling Westboro Mitsu and they sent a flat bed. Got to the dealership and Jojo tried turning over the car at which point I almost cried because it made the most god awful noise I have ever heard a car make. He ended up finding the hole in my short block a few minutes later when we got the car into the shop. It's not far from my manifold. Not very big, but then again it doesn't have to be.

The regional manager is comming buy tomorrow morning to look at the car. He is making me have the engine stripped to find out what is wrong. From there he will say yes or no to warrenty repairs. I'm scared ****less of what will happen. I honeslt think that if it's toast I might just have to say bye to the car.

The owner (yea, owner) of Westboro Mitsu offered me a great deal on my car as a trade in (way more than he should but more than enough) and a bit off the price of a loaded X GSR, but I have to be honest, even after driving it and being very impressed with it, I don't have the love for that car that I do mine. I worked my *** off to get this car, including being shot at and blown up, I don't want to give it up. I want my car back.

I'm hoping and praying that tomorrow all goes well. That the dude just clears my car to be fixed and go from there. The techs said that it is very unlikely that I was able to do this to my car. There are no internal mods on my engine, none. Just the boltons and tune and clutch. The only thing I can think of that would have anything to do with this is the puddle incident last weekend (Dave, Paul, Paul and Dex know what I'm talking about), but my father (former mechanic, 20+ years) says that is unlikely because it would have manifiested right after, not 10 days later.

I dunno. I'm going to pray like theres no tomorrow that my car gets fixed and returned back to her glory. Otherwise I'm gonna be pretty friggen depressed. I don't want another car, be it a X, a new IX MR or anything else, I want mine back.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I spoke to dave about the "puddle incident". A buddy at work had a similar situation on his lexus. The motor had partial hydrolocked and fractured the rod. 1000 miles later the rod was through the block when the car was idling. My assumption is you got some water in the cylinder and the same thing happened, especially if the car stalled or sputtered after you hit the puddle. I have the lexus block in my garage if you want to see what it looks like. It is the risk you take with an open air filter.

Last edited by MR Turco; Sep 17, 2008 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread