Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2008, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just emailed Tanabe. I will fight it obviously. I'm either getting out of this or making Tanabe reimburse me.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

No person shall use a muffler cut-out or by-pass. No person shall operate a motor vehicle on any way which motor vehicle is equipped (1) with a muffler from which the baffle plates, screens or other original internal parts have been removed and not replaced; or (2) with an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust.

I need someway of proving it is the same level of noise as stock.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 05:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its not though. Dont forget the catback is 50state legal. The DP and HFC, which also amplify the sound, are not.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

good morning nukkaz
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

thats why when I go by staties I push the clutch in. I got pulled over when I had been back in MA for less than an hour and I was towing a fncking trailer. Ugh, Staties can all burn in hell. When I DO get pulled over for my exhaust I am going to pull out a picture of me the day I "got" the car with the stock exhaust one and show him how the tips look exactly the same, and hope for the best.

Otherwise, I'll just show up in court in uniform and get it thrown out, then I'll **** in the pigs coffee.

It's funny though, I'm driving a super bright yellow chevy slo-balt right now and I had a statie today pull OVER into the break down lane to let two cars pass him so he could pull back into the right lane and get behind me just to pace me. *****. I saw him making his move and set the cruise at 60. Ain't gotta get me that easy, been there, done that 'ol boy.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

you really like to use that uniform to your advantage ay?
Evolved Member

god that really got my blood pressure up, I feel bad for you Paul, seriously. I would rather go through the head ache with my car the past 2+ weeks than what you face with a damn fix it ticket for something so stupid.

don't ever see mustangs or harleys pulled over by the staties for their friggen exhaust, but look, there goes a young guy in an Evo, I'm gonna pull his *** over because I can!

Ugh....i need another ciggerette already!
Evolved Member

Paul- Changing a '50-state' legal component alone, "may" (can't emphasize that enough) keep you from being hassled or fined for that component. Now if you change all the components in sync like you did, than that will increase yourself for being singled out. If you changed just the HFC and nothing else, fine. The decible would increase to the point in which the SP perhaps would not notice. Same as if you just changed the cat back and nothing else. This will be a tough one for you. I wish you the best of luck. I have never believed in a '50-state legal' tagged performance part. I believe it is only a marketing gimmic to reel people in to buy their product.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DocCola
god that really got my blood pressure up, I feel bad for you Paul, seriously. I would rather go through the head ache with my car the past 2+ weeks than what you face with a damn fix it ticket for something so stupid.

don't ever see mustangs or harleys pulled over by the staties for their friggen exhaust, but look, there goes a young guy in an Evo, I'm gonna pull his *** over because I can!

Ugh....i need another ciggerette already!
simmah down meow.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
you really like to use that uniform to your advantage ay?
I earned it through blood, sweat and tears so why shouldn't I? Not to mention a 15 month combat tour. I'm not preaching but hell, the truth is the truth and I most certianly will use it every chance I get. Especially when it comes to some m******* pig giving me a ticket for my car.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

did mean to come off like a jerk there, i just don't see why anyone wouldn't. it's a point of pride. i get a little irked when I'm out in public and every once in awhile someone will give me a nasty look, but hey, it's their perogitive. i wear my uniform with pride every day and i dont think it would be wrong to wear it to driving court for something like that.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

i knew i should have stayed in bed this morning :-\

when it rains it pours... ghey
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
It's funny though, I'm driving a super bright yellow chevy slo-balt right now and I had a statie today pull OVER into the break down lane to let two cars pass him so he could pull back into the right lane and get behind me just to pace me. *****. I saw him making his move and set the cruise at 60. Ain't gotta get me that easy, been there, done that 'ol boy.

Cops are doing this A LOT now...I almost got side swiped by a cop 2 weeks ago in my Evo, coming back from Tims at 1 in the morning, when he swerved in front of me ( no directional of course ), as I was going 60 in a 65, to pull over in the E-lane, not to pull me over, but a car that was a 1/4 back of us....I am starting to carry in a video camera in my car to video tape this stuff, and another instance, when I almost got hit by a statie on the way to the auto-x in August.....when he passed me going 90+, his tires where in MY LANE on route 3....I just don't get it...seriously if I knew signing up to be a statie meant that I could drive like a dick, and do whatever the f*ck I wanted....I think I would have chose a different profession...I just hope the videos I'll be taking will be worthy of something to plead my case someday...I really hate living in MA, and hate the political sh*t that goes on in this state...
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

i actually have a camera i can attach to my passanger head rest, maybe i will put it back up there to get some of the retarded **** they do. I drive 2 every day for a good 18 miles one way, so i ALWAYS see a statie at least once. might as well catch em doing something.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

the cop that pulled me over almost rear ended me... i was pulling out of dunkins... he was following a golf "for the same reason"... i saw the car behind the golf pulling into dunkins so i went to pull out... well the cop was behind that car (i couldnt see him) and he decided to bomb around the car turning into dunkins and almost hit me. in his words "i said what the hell, i'll get this guy instead"

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread