Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking about thursday or friday for dinner...
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
davids i say we do dinner in framingham this week.

maybe i convince you to buy a guitar at guitar center and learn with me??
if you find something you like, you might want to check here:

http://www.sweetwater.com/

They have a lot of proaudio stuff and from what I understand their prices are the best.

I need to order some bass traps from them soon.....
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

i vote for thurs, i think im going into beantown fri nite
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thursday would be good for me.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I cant make thursday maybe friday. It is supposed to rain both days :/
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

friday would be best for me. I have a hot date (not really) to watch the broncos v browns game thursday
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

i f****** hate state cops. can i just say that one more time?

i had one pace me for almost a mile, just hanging out in my blind spot waiting for me to make a wrong move. i was cruising in the middle lane doing 67, in traffic. f****** pathetic.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Bruce, here is your WRX (a wagon though!!):

http://newengdsm.org/forums/viewtopi...=188275#188275

2002 Subaru WRX wagon 4 sale

Up for sale is my well-rounded WRX wagon. Adult owned and built. It has power mods and suspension mods and brake mods to make it a very well rounded car. 5 speed -- Silver titanium with black interior. Both are close to mint – 9’s out of 1 to 10 I would say.

112,000 miles. I am second owner and have owned the car for a year and a half. Major service done at 105K miles by original owner (I have receipts)
Synthetic blend oil changes throughout its life.
Car was bought mostly stock (intake and axle back exhaust) and I added more modifications.

At 104K miles car had major service including: New timing belt and tensioner – new cam seals – new water pump – new thermostat – new crankshaft seal – at 98K had new hoses and new belts and new plugs.

Car has:
STI Hood scoop
STI grille
STI side markers
Tinted windows
Gray 7 spoke Prodrive 17X8 rims with BFG G-force TA 225 45 17 high performance tires
Suspension techniques springs (1” drop)
Kartboy short throw shifter
Upgraded armrest
2 year old Interstate 75 month battery

All these mods less than a year and half old:
Upgraded Stoptech Stage 2 brake package: slotted brake rotors in front and back -- almost new semi metallic high performance brake pads front and rear. Stainless steel brake lines
Autometer boost gauge in gauge pod on dash
Perrin short ram intake
SS Autochrome upgraded top mount intercooler w upgraded piping.
Apexi catless up pipe
Invidia 3” bellmouth high flow cat downpipe –
Full 2.5” exhaust with prodrive muffler
Cobb Accessport Version 2 ECU reflash with controller

$12,000.
Damn..
Well I guess I'll tell you guys now, I can't get another car, I was just told the lancer needs a transmission rebuild. The first and second synchro's are all messed up (doesn't help I learned how to drive stick on this car...) and the throw out bearing needs to be replaced again. I'm looking at close to 1200-1600$ worth of work and parts.. Since its a pain to sell a broken car I think I'm just going to fix it, keep the car till I'm done with college and hope that it doesn't have anymore problems... Its been a depressing day, I found a 2007 Legacy GT B spec for sale locally and its in mint condition and the color match up is hard to find for 24K... If the lancer didn't have its problem I woulda jumped on that LGT in a heart beat.

On top of all that I might be getting laid off on my part time job due to the automotive engineering economy crashing...

[Click here to donate] ... heh

/end rant

Turco thanks for the heads up, I looked at the link and that car is sexy.. I love the wrx wagons and have always wanted one. I'd actually take this over the LGT..
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
i f****** hate state cops. can i just say that one more time?

i had one pace me for almost a mile, just hanging out in my blind spot waiting for me to make a wrong move. i was cruising in the middle lane doing 67, in traffic. f****** pathetic.
You got clocked for 67 mph!?!
Old Nov 4, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
You got clocked for 67 mph!?!
I dont think he got pulled over. Just a cop looking to pull him over.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

speaking of cops

I went and fought my ticket I got back in July and I feel I won with fly colors!!
I was pulled over for a few things, 3 to be exact.
1. My registration from Nevada expired 6 days before this run in with the local finest and he didn't like that. (Glad USPS forwarded all my mail from Vegas)
2. he gave me a ticket for unlawful noise from engine bay. ( wastegate opened)
3. speeding 80+ in a 55 (I95N near Lexington)

So I go and fight the ticket yesterday up in Concord. This is where it got good.
A Sargent read the officers notes and he says that my registration was expired 5 months earlier than the date of ticket issuance , I had altered exhaust which is was what made my engine noise , and I sped off at a high rate of speed and the officer got me at 80mph and had to do 120 to catch up.
What a joke!! This officer clearly was making **** up that wasn't even on the ticket or notes!!

I immediately went on a rant about how wrong these notes were.
I had paperwork showing my reg from NV expired less than a week before and that I purchased new reg from MA the next day.
I also showed them a diagram of how a turbo charged car works and that it wasoff me the wastegate that made the noise not my stock cat back exhaust that I specifically showed the officer at the time of the ticket being issued!!
Lastly I showed them a map of where the officer was (behind a semi truck parked) and how it was not possible to get a speed or a clear visual to get a speed for me. I also stated that I clearly asked the officer if he got me on radar or laser and he replied no. The magistrate was clearly frustrated with the Sargent's paperwork and asked him to clear this up. He said the date for the reg "must have been a typo in his notes", and he studdered when the magistrate asked if there was any radar even used.... "uh, let me check here.... um no. no radar used"
He got pwned!!!

So I walked out with a $100 fee for the minimum speeding she could give me. (I did admit to accelerating to approx 70 to merge onto the highway.)

Thanks for listening
Old Nov 4, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
speaking of cops

I went and fought my ticket I got back in July and I feel I won with fly colors!!
I was pulled over for a few things, 3 to be exact.
1. My registration from Nevada expired 6 days before this run in with the local finest and he didn't like that. (Glad USPS forwarded all my mail from Vegas)
2. he gave me a ticket for unlawful noise from engine bay. ( wastegate opened)
3. speeding 80+ in a 55 (I95N near Lexington)

So I go and fight the ticket yesterday up in Concord. This is where it got good.
A Sargent read the officers notes and he says that my registration was expired 5 months earlier than the date of ticket issuance , I had altered exhaust which is was what made my engine noise , and I sped off at a high rate of speed and the officer got me at 80mph and had to do 120 to catch up.
What a joke!! This officer clearly was making **** up that wasn't even on the ticket or notes!!

I immediately went on a rant about how wrong these notes were.
I had paperwork showing my reg from NV expired less than a week before and that I purchased new reg from MA the next day.
I also showed them a diagram of how a turbo charged car works and that it wasoff me the wastegate that made the noise not my stock cat back exhaust that I specifically showed the officer at the time of the ticket being issued!!
Lastly I showed them a map of where the officer was (behind a semi truck parked) and how it was not possible to get a speed or a clear visual to get a speed for me. I also stated that I clearly asked the officer if he got me on radar or laser and he replied no. The magistrate was clearly frustrated with the Sargent's paperwork and asked him to clear this up. He said the date for the reg "must have been a typo in his notes", and he studdered when the magistrate asked if there was any radar even used.... "uh, let me check here.... um no. no radar used"
He got pwned!!!

So I walked out with a $100 fee for the minimum speeding she could give me. (I did admit to accelerating to approx 70 to merge onto the highway.)

Thanks for listening
Vegas, I think we will put you on retainer
Old Nov 4, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
Vegas, I think we will put you on retainer
sounds good

I do have to admit, I learned a few ideas from my ex that is in Vegas. (she works for a law firm)
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:30 AM

http://newengdsm.org/forums/viewtopi...=188389#188389

Dave - HKS 280 cams for $300!!
Old Nov 5, 2008, 05:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Marshall O
arent those kinda big for the stock turbo?

Last edited by MR Turco; Nov 5, 2008 at 05:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread