Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DocCola
I went from stock to modded so fast and then tuned the next day by JB I had no idea what the anti fouler was. It sounds pretty simple so if I have to do that for my reinspection I will. They was it was told to me for the tune it didn't seem like what he was turning off (the CEL at the time) was a big deal. No idea it was disabled. Live and learn. This is still all so new to me so I'm learning as I go.

Hey, how's the GVR4? You loving in or what man?
Well, as Turco says, don't ever allow anyone to do anything to your car unless you fully understand what it is. And not just you Ajay, there are plenty of others out there. Anyways, VR4 is getting there. Still a few kinks to work out, but not bad overall.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...n-humble-kanye

Originally Posted by colbert
There is only one way to stop Kanye West's arrogance, and that's with Stephen's arrogance.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

that was awesome paul. one of the females i work with loves kanye and was upset to watch that. haha. Colbert FTW today!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

dave you may have missed my comment a while back....but do you still get a deal at a certain company? I'll email you
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marshall O
Well, as Turco says, don't ever allow anyone to do anything to your car unless you fully understand what it is. And not just you Ajay, there are plenty of others out there. Anyways, VR4 is getting there. Still a few kinks to work out, but not bad overall.

hey do u know how to stimulate the rear o2 because i have mine deleated thinking it was goign to still through the readiness but it dident so i dont know how to change it to be stimulated and i got a big R for it any help would be great thanks
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can easily simulate the O2 routine via the ecu for a small one time fee. It will require you keep the O2 sensor plugged in however.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

come to think about it I think my rear o2 sensor might be deleted, where is it exactly? When I swapped out stock exhaust I only had one sensor I plugged back in up in the front right near the end of the d/p stock/cat location
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Ajay, do you have a wideband? Guys this is scary you dont know if your O2 sensor is installed or not. There are 2 sensors in your exhaust from the factory, the front and rear O2 sensors. The front one is in the O2 housing right after the turbo. The rear one is located in the middle of the cat on an EVO 9 or right after the cat in the mid-pipe on an evo 8.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 07:04 AM

Ajay, that is the rear O2. All that kid did that 'tuned' your car was to basically ignore the rear O2. Won't throw a code, but also won't pass emissions. He 'deleted' it as far as your ECU is concerned, but it is still physically there. The front O2 is directly below the turbo (as Turco mentioned) in your O2 housing. Hence the name.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I can easily simulate the O2 routine via the ecu for a small one time fee. It will require you keep the O2 sensor plugged in however.
y would i have to keep it in if u were stateing that for me. if ur stimulating it, it would have the corrct reading in the ecu so there would be no need for it in the actuall exhaust except to keep the heater code from poping up but i have that taken care of with the resistor. but id liek to have mine gone with it stimulated to through the readiness code if that would work but as of now im unsure whats the stipulations of the stimulator code
Old Dec 3, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver9mr
y would i have to keep it in if u were stateing that for me. if ur stimulating it, it would have the corrct reading in the ecu so there would be no need for it in the actuall exhaust except to keep the heater code from poping up but i have that taken care of with the resistor. but id liek to have mine gone with it stimulated to through the readiness code if that would work but as of now im unsure whats the stipulations of the stimulator code
if you run a resistor / you don't need the o2 sensor in the exhaust. Its just better to have a sensor in there for a visual test, and it makes it easier then running a resistor. I run a resistor too - but only because i have no spot to put a second sensor.

I'm still waiting for Mrfred to spoof the heater ckt test.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Ajay, do you have a wideband? Guys this is scary you dont know if your O2 sensor is installed or not. There are 2 sensors in your exhaust from the factory, the front and rear O2 sensors. The front one is in the O2 housing right after the turbo. The rear one is located in the middle of the cat on an EVO 9 or right after the cat in the mid-pipe on an evo 8.
Sorry about that, for some reason I thought I would be able to "see" both of my o2 sensors on my exhaust. I have both. I must enjoy showing my lack of knowlage for some strange reason

And I "have" a wideband ordered, just hasn't been delivered yet...ordered it from that link Marshall showed us a week or two back, I'm actually going to cal lthem today to see whats up
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

you can see both of your o2 sensors on your exhaust. One is in the o2 housing and one is in the cat.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by silver9mr
like dex said you currently cannot spoof the resistor but you can spoof what the O2 sensor reads. So if you run no cat you can make the O2 routine spoof having a proper, emissions passable reading. Plus if you have a bung for it there is absolutely no reason NOT to run a rear o2 for visual check and so that you dont have an exposed plug lying around. I personally would rather run a rear o2 then have a resistor with an exposed circuit.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

like dex said you currently cannot spoof the resistor but you can spoof what the O2 sensor reads. So if you run no cat you can make the O2 routine spoof having a proper, emissions passable reading. Plus if you have a bung for it there is absolutely no reason NOT to run a rear o2 for visual check and so that you dont have an exposed plug lying around. I personally would rather run a rear o2 then have a resistor with an exposed circuit.
the exposed ckt runs the risk of shorting back to the ECU, and at minimum you can blow the resistor...

(I'm on my 3rd resistor)

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Dec 3, 2008 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread