Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by silver9mr
it seems like u guys are not understanding my question (no offense)well my situation is currently i have a wideband in my cat, with the resistor mod''no problems'' electrical tape holds it in .. secondly the factory o2 sensor is in my room and i have the rear o2 deleat mod in my ecu already all im asking is if i do the o2 stimulator code will it through the readiness code so i can pass emissions because with the rear o2 deleat mod its not giving any code at all so no sticker for me
dude maybe we aren't understanding your question becuase you aren't typing using English grammar and proper terminology. I still have no idea what your current setup is.

Last edited by MR Turco; Dec 3, 2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Ajay where do you want to meet tonight? do you want to just come to my work? I am on Rt 9 right in Southboro before 495. It is actually on your way home if you went the long way (thatswhatshesaid)
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it seems like u guys are not understanding my question (no offense)well my situation is currently i have a wideband in my cat, with the resistor mod''no problems'' electrical tape holds it in .. secondly the factory o2 sensor is in my room and i have the rear o2 deleat mod in my ecu already all im asking is if i do the o2 stimulator code will it through the readiness code so i can pass emissions because with the rear o2 deleat mod its not giving any code at all so no sticker for me
OK, i think i get what you're saying - although you are completely confusing us...

A) you have the o2 periphery turned off, so obviously you aren't going to pass a readiness test

and

B) you do not have the o2 simulator ecu patch installed

and

C) you have a resistor plugged in.

{thumbup**
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

in which case you need to -

A) re-enable the o2 periphery bit
B) install the o2 sim ecu patch

and we also suggest the optional

C) get rid of the resistor and keep an actual o2 sensor plugged in
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

mythbusters - polishing a turd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rax27_ZIVM
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
in which case you need to -

A) re-enable the o2 periphery bit
B) install the o2 sim ecu patch

and we also suggest the optional

C) get rid of the resistor and keep an actual o2 sensor plugged in
well i need both A) and B) and now i am wondering if any of you guys have the o2 sim patch flashed in and do not have a rear o2 sensor in stalled because of a wideband or what ever. by having that sim patch would that allow for a pass at the inspection place
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

well i need both A) and B) and now i am wondering if any of you guys have the o2 sim patch flashed in and do not have a rear o2 sensor in stalled because of a wideband or what ever. by having that sim patch would that allow for a pass at the inspection place
i think you are still confused.

Answer the following questions - even if you have already stated the answers:

1) What has been altered in your ECU regarding the Rear O2 sensor?
2) What do you currently have installed for O2 sensors in your car?
3) Are you running a mechanical O2 simulator (perrin or otherwise)?
4) what are you looking to accomplish?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Ajay where do you want to meet tonight? do you want to just come to my work? I am on Rt 9 right in Southboro before 495. It is actually on your way home if you went the long way (thatswhatshesaid)
Hmm, I am about to do my last hour of class so give me a shout/text or whatever, but if we can avoid meeting on Rt 9 that would be great. I had to Westboro last night from natick and by the time i got there i was ready to kill someone. Idiots on Rt 9....so if you want to meet somewhere off rt 9 or anywhere in marlboro/northboro/southboro text me an address and I'll punch it into the nav and get there asap. My normal route is 27 to 9 to 30/Edgehill rd to back roads home. I don't mind taking 30 somewhere, better than 9.

Worst case I will come down 9 if need be, just text me. Number is in your PM box.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

i think you are still confused.

Answer the following questions - even if you have already stated the answers:

1) What has been altered in your ECU regarding the Rear O2 sensor?
2) What do you currently have installed for O2 sensors in your car?
3) Are you running a mechanical O2 simulator (perrin or otherwise)?
4) what are you looking to accomplish?
@Turco
I think if he actually knew what was done to his ECU, he wouldn't be on here asking questions... because if he knew - he would be using proper terminology, and he would know how to fix his own issues. just going out on a limb here.

@silver9mr
One major point of contention - is that you keep using the term o2 patch... well what patch are you talking about - there are several modifications related to the secondary o2 sensor. at least 1 if not 2 related periphery bits, and an o2 simulator patch.

most people just turn off the secondary o2 periphery bit... this disables the Check engine light, but also makes the secondary o2 readiness test fail.

you can also disable the heater ckt... which again turns off the CEL for the heater circuit, and again causes the readiness test to fail.

you need to have both enabled to pass the o2 readiness test.

the o2 Simulator patch - which it sounds like you do not have installed (this is still unclear) allows you to keep the o2 periphery enabled, and pass the readiness test.

in order to pass the heater test, you need a sensor, or a resistor plugged in....

If you actually did have a resistor plugged in, and the o2 sim patch, you would pass the readiness test... and this can be verified in scantech, or equivelent obd2/emissions scanner.

*takes gun to head
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just saying hi all while I read my pm's.
Kthxbai
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Dex this goes back to knowing what you are doing to your car so when you need to fix it you know what you are talking about. I truthfully am just tired of talking about even though this is probably an incredibly easy fix.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DocCola
Hmm, I am about to do my last hour of class so give me a shout/text or whatever, but if we can avoid meeting on Rt 9 that would be great. I had to Westboro last night from natick and by the time i got there i was ready to kill someone. Idiots on Rt 9....so if you want to meet somewhere off rt 9 or anywhere in marlboro/northboro/southboro text me an address and I'll punch it into the nav and get there asap. My normal route is 27 to 9 to 30/Edgehill rd to back roads home. I don't mind taking 30 somewhere, better than 9.

Worst case I will come down 9 if need be, just text me. Number is in your PM box. {thumbup**
it isnt bad to get here, i have done the drive many a times. I am before 495 so isn't as far into westboro. Unfortunately i have to go to shrewsbury for 6:10 so i have to go west on rt9 from here so going more east to go west will hurt me more then you. I sent you a text, call me when you get out and i will explain how to get here.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

So if we have a deck of 60 cards, and we draw 10 of them, what are the odds that we draw at least 4 red cards - given that there are 22 reds out of the 60?

the solution would be to use a hyper geometric distribution.
population size 60,
successful out of the population being 22 red,
total samples being the 10 cards drawn,
and _at least_ 4 of them being the ones we want drawn out of the 10.

given that a hyper geomtric distribution solves for exact success rate, and we are solving for _at least_ 4, the solution would be

1 - ( H(0) + H(1) + H(2) + H(3) )
Old Dec 3, 2008, 02:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Do you seriously think i can figure that out at 5pm?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Do you seriously think i can figure that out at 5pm?
hahahah no, thats why i essentially posted the answer...

this is just the stuff that keeps me up at night. now its just a plug and chug in Excel or mathematica. the answer is 53%

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread