Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 02:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YES!!
EPA docs confirm 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback coming in GTS and Ralliart trims

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/02/e...coming-in-gts/
Old Dec 3, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn... speaking of hatchbacks - i wish VDub brought over the ABT Scirocco...
or Ford brought over an AWD Focus RT...

i can has trunk space?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 02:18 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

yes the AWD focus Rt would be kick ***! I just want more diesels!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

empty post FTL...

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Dec 3, 2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
@Turco
I think if he actually knew what was done to his ECU, he wouldn't be on here asking questions... because if he knew - he would be using proper terminology, and he would know how to fix his own issues. just going out on a limb here.

@silver9mr
One major point of contention - is that you keep using the term o2 patch... well what patch are you talking about - there are several modifications related to the secondary o2 sensor. at least 1 if not 2 related periphery bits, and an o2 simulator patch.

most people just turn off the secondary o2 periphery bit... this disables the Check engine light, but also makes the secondary o2 readiness test fail.

you can also disable the heater ckt... which again turns off the CEL for the heater circuit, and again causes the readiness test to fail.

you need to have both enabled to pass the o2 readiness test.

the o2 Simulator patch - which it sounds like you do not have installed (this is still unclear) allows you to keep the o2 periphery enabled, and pass the readiness test.

in order to pass the heater test, you need a sensor, or a resistor plugged in....

If you actually did have a resistor plugged in, and the o2 sim patch, you would pass the readiness test... and this can be verified in scantech, or equivelent obd2/emissions scanner.

*takes gun to head
in bold is what i have currently done basicly just the delete and i have a resistor for my o2 heater coil pluged in but like u said its just turned off and no i did not do this to my car a firend did. Im very new when it comes to messing with the ecu and all the terminalogy involved with it and a thanks to u dexmix for the help and being patient and please put the gun down lol. well now i just need to learn how to do the Real o2 stimulator or find someone because i really need a sticker
Old Dec 3, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you silver9mr, except I don't have a resistor. once i actually get the chance to go see turco and he fixes my ecu i am going to do the anti fouler which i assume should make me past the heater test and the o2 check test.

phew. long friggen day
Old Dec 3, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
I'm in the same boat as you silver9mr, except I don't have a resistor. once i actually get the chance to go see turco and he fixes my ecu i am going to do the anti fouler which i assume should make me past the heater test and the o2 check test.

phew. long friggen day
yea i wish i knew that the rear 02 deleat actually shut it off because i would have never done it and wouldnt have to go through this stuff
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

ok guys i dont mean to get impatient but i am going to try to end this discussion.

Ways to successfully run a test pipe and pass emissions:

1) Run an anti fouler with the rear o2 to get the rear o2 out of the stream of gases. This allows for the O2 sensor to heat up and be exposed to "cleaner" exhaust gases since it is choked from the stream

2) (recommended) Run 1 of the 2 Rear O2 routine "spoofs" where the expected rear O2 readings are hard coded into the rom so that the rear O2 Sensor no longer is asked for information. Keep the rear O2 sensor plugged in without and anti fouler just so that it can heat up.

3) same as #2 except remove the entire Rear o2 sensor and run a resistor (70k ohm 10watt - dex confirm) to complete the heater circuit.

This is it guys. If you are not in one of the three configurations you will fail emissions. I can easily make it so you can fit into one of the two latter categories with a simple ECU hack.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
ok guys i dont mean to get impatient but i am going to try to end this discussion.

Ways to successfully run a test pipe and pass emissions:

1) Run an anti fouler with the rear o2 to get the rear o2 out of the stream of gases. This allows for the O2 sensor to heat up and be exposed to "cleaner" exhaust gases since it is choked from the stream

2) (recommended) Run 1 of the 2 Rear O2 routine "spoofs" where the expected rear O2 readings are hard coded into the rom so that the rear O2 Sensor no longer is asked for information. Keep the rear O2 sensor plugged in without and anti fouler just so that it can heat up.

3) same as #2 except remove the entire Rear o2 sensor and run a resistor (70k ohm 10watt - dex confirm) to complete the heater circuit.

This is it guys. If you are not in one of the three configurations you will fail emissions. I can easily make it so you can fit into one of the two latter categories with a simple ECU hack.
Thank you for that complete info Turco. I just saved it so I have no further questions. Since I will be getting the test pipe for my exhaust soon I am going to run the 2nd sugestion.

On another note, after a long crappy day yesterday I got home to a present, it was my new Uego! I'm excited. Now just need to wait for Christmas for wifey to give me the matching boost guage and dual pod! Anyone wanna help the super n00b install next year?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

oh hai all. i has hot date last nite and it went well

not "dex" well, but well (you know what im talking about)

read: dex is a man-**** but who could blame him? the ladies cant resist the hair...

Last edited by Paulnsx; Dec 4, 2008 at 06:15 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

holler!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

man am I having a hard time figuring out what boost gauge I want.

First I wanted to go with the AEM boost guage since it will match the Uego (I plan to put them in a dual pod on the steering colom) but I am really not sure I like L.E.D. sweeping light idea...I'm sure it will look "cool" but will it drive me nuts after awhile?

So I've checked out Lancershops offerings from the Defi Red Racer gauges, the Megan guages, hell even the autometer...I just want something simple and effective for tuning and monitoring purposes for my car.

Also since I might be installing myself, the easier to install, the better...anyone have any ideas or am I just crazy?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you for that complete info Turco. I just saved it so I have no further questions. Since I will be getting the test pipe for my exhaust soon I am going to run the 2nd sugestion.

On another note, after a long crappy day yesterday I got home to a present, it was my new Uego! I'm excited. Now just need to wait for Christmas for wifey to give me the matching boost guage and dual pod! Anyone wanna help the super n00b install next year?
just got mine the other day as well. can't wait to have one back in my car

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
oh hai all. i has hot date last nite and it went well

not "dex" well, but well (you know what im talking about)

read: dex is a man-**** but who could blame him? the ladies cant resist the hair...
so what you're saying is, you only give it up to Dex on the first date....??

Originally Posted by avengerhed
holler!
yo dawg!! might have to stop by in the next day or two for the cam tool
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

First I wanted to go with the AEM boost guage since it will match the Uego (I plan to put them in a dual pod on the steering colom) but I am really not sure I like L.E.D. sweeping light idea...I'm sure it will look "cool" but will it drive me nuts after awhile?

So I've checked out Lancershops offerings from the Defi Red Racer gauges, the Megan guages, hell even the autometer...I just want something simple and effective for tuning and monitoring purposes for my car.

Also since I might be installing myself, the easier to install, the better...anyone have any ideas or am I just crazy?
I have the black face stewart warner boost gauge with the aem uego in 2 cf pods mounted on the steering column. Its great, up to 40psi and matches the stock gauges quite nicely too.

Last edited by 1slowevo; Dec 4, 2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

My AEM UEGO is on my steering column. The sweeping lights bother me 0. Actually the bright red AFR digital read bothers me more. Sometimes I think there is a "bad" light on my dash when I see it out of the corner of my eye since its bright red. Overall though I love the steering column placement.

I have a GReddy Boost Gauge and I love it. Matches well with the AEM and the interior.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread