Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of a certain blue Lancer GTS that better have some pics up later of his newest additional.

I really can't get over how good the RA tails look compared to stockers.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did it... i now own an RGT42FX $600 later...

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/qua...1fccce6305.jpg
Old Dec 4, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
which paul you talking to?
I don't know what paul has but I have the 2 autometer carbon fiber cups.
I highly recommend going that route as I had the premolded steering column before and they seem to get in the way a litte bit. The cups can be mounted in any position and they are relatively small.
Plus I think the cf cups look better.
I think I have a pic or two somewhere. I will try to find them.
Originally Posted by PaulNSX
I have two Autometer cups on the coloumn. They really don't get in the way for me. Alot of that has to do with the fact that I keep my steering wheel very low when I drive. The higher it is, the more in the way the gauges will be. If you take the time, you should be able to position them so that they don't block much. The right one will block the fuel gauge if not placed correctly and the left one will block the speedo is not placed right. I cant really see 0-10 mph with my setup but it doesnt bother me.

he boost gauge is a pretty straight forward install. The UEGO is much more work. The boost gauge comes with its own sensor (i.e. you can't plug your stock sensor into the GReddy boost gauge). While its probably redundant to have 2 boost gauges, I probably wouldn't bother removing the stock one. Idk where the stock sensor resides... I only know the Oil Temp sensor is in the drain plug.

I also have a JDM 3Bar on my setup for I can directly log boostage.
I have to aggree on the dual pod looking ugly. I think I am going to order the 2 differnt cups so I can mount them where I want. Think they are 20.00 each on lancershop.

To answer Marshall's question I think the AEM guage is a regular guage with an electronic display, so I have NO idea how it works as far as install goes. But it's not a controller. I like the electronic for the accuracy in the boost and the AEM will match the UEGO (I'm **** about that stuff), but if it's going to be a pain I think I'll just go with a plain gauge like the DEFI i looked at or a GReddy like Paulnsx.

And with what Turco said, I don't like the cluttered look with the gauges on the steering colum, but I don't want to put them on the A-piller and I have a nav/dvd screen in my radio location, so no go there.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

there's no reason in the world to get defi gauges. especially ones that don't have peak hold / warning

take it from someone who has >$600 worth of Defi Blue Racers in his car. You are so much better off with the prosports or any gauge capable of warning you.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

would you consider the aem one that warns? I'm not sure what you mean...
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you know you dont NEED to mount the uego. You could just toss it in the glovebox and then do a set of gauges that you really want so you arent forced to match.

Oh and for the record electronic gauges are not necessarily more accurate then mechanical. In fact, usually it is the other way around.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
you know you dont NEED to mount the uego. You could just toss it in the glovebox and then do a set of gauges that you really want so you arent forced to match.

Oh and for the record electronic gauges are not necessarily more accurate then mechanical. In fact, usually it is the other way around.
I have to admit, I would like to just hide it away, make it easier, but I am probably going to keep it out just because there is already to much stuff in there.

Oh yea, from reading your other posts after I made my last one, it reminded me that ever since I picked my car up from Westboro (for the engine) my CEL knock light doesn't seem to be working...could it have been shut off by accedent? I remember when it use to work "normally" it would flash at me if I didn't down shift from 6th or 5th at a lower speed building boost (if that makes ANY sense, I doubt it) and it would flash other times to, but now that I think about it I haven't seen it flash since I picked the car up...
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DocCola
Oh yea, from reading your other posts after I made my last one, it reminded me that ever since I picked my car up from Westboro (for the engine) my CEL knock light doesn't seem to be working...could it have been shut off by accedent? I remember when it use to work "normally" it would flash at me if I didn't down shift from 6th or 5th at a lower speed building boost (if that makes ANY sense, I doubt it) and it would flash other times to, but now that I think about it I haven't seen it flash since I picked the car up...
Sigh....
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
I did it... i now own an RGT42FX $600 later...

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/qua...1fccce6305.jpg
Hot!!!!

We can has jam sessions???
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Sigh....
I know the first thing I think and still do is that maybe it's because the new engine...which is what I hoped, I was just curious what you thought.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spins4
I know of a certain blue Lancer GTS that better have some pics up later of his newest additional.

I really can't get over how good the RA tails look compared to stockers.
LOL... that's me.
Thanks Bill!

I took some pictures before I left the lot this morning. I'll post it when I get home tonight.

oh... by the way, I took Rt. 114 to head to Portsmouth, RI which is where I work. It's the first time I drove from East Providence to Portsmouth. I have to say the drive is very nice. Rt. 114 is right off the shore so there's some great ocean view and nice houses.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DocCola
I know the first thing I think and still do is that maybe it's because the new engine...which is what I hoped, I was just curious what you thought.
I am not going into a long description what it is and how it works and why it isn't "working". I don't have the time or patients. It is fine, nothing changed.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by beyonddc
LOL... that's me.
Thanks Bill!

I took some pictures before I left the lot this morning. I'll post it when I get home tonight.

oh... by the way, I took Rt. 114 to head to Portsmouth, RI which is where I work. It's the first time I drove from East Providence to Portsmouth. I have to say the drive is very nice. Rt. 114 is right off the shore so there's some great ocean view and nice houses.
I live off 114! Well I grew up there and my fam lives there. It is a wicked nice road... esp through Bristol.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

I am not going into a long description what it is and how it works and why it isn't "working". I don't have the time or patients. It is fine, nothing changed.
Sorry Turco, I wouldn't want you to. I swear though, I'm going to figure out all the stuff about my car one day. I hate asking stupid questions all the time.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Srsly:

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread