Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys. The cats are too cute. I think I will have plenty to contribute to lolcats now.

Josh, I can't help with the gauge install stuff, I myself am STILL stuck trying to find a good boost gauge for the wifey to get as my Christmas gift. Think I'm just going with the Defi BF Red Racer since it's pretty simple. My other problem is I can't decide what kind of shifter bushings to get or what the differences are. Same for motor mounts. I found some nice ones on Lacershop, but can't figure out whats the best for my needs.

Probably doesn't help that I can't think right to save my life, damn perceset (sp?). It's killing me but it's the only thing keeping me out of excruciating pain.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DocCola
Thanks for the compliments guys. The cats are too cute. I think I will have plenty to contribute to lolcats now.

Josh, I can't help with the gauge install stuff, I myself am STILL stuck trying to find a good boost gauge for the wifey to get as my Christmas gift. Think I'm just going with the Defi BF Red Racer since it's pretty simple. My other problem is I can't decide what kind of shifter bushings to get or what the differences are. Same for motor mounts. I found some nice ones on Lacershop, but can't figure out whats the best for my needs.

Probably doesn't help that I can't think right to save my life, damn perceset (sp?). It's killing me but it's the only thing keeping me out of excruciating pain.
I went with a Defi red racer gauge simply because I wanted a 52mm Defi boost gauge that read in PSI and not bar and luckily my brother decided to buy it for me as an early b day present. I got most of my parts in today. Now im just waiting for my ETS IC piping and some more money so I can order the rest . I dont wanna get my wisdom teeth pulled. I probably have acouple years before they have to be but everyone I know that has had them pulled pretty much said the same thing you said. Oh and are you changing the underhood shifter bushings? (im not sure if those are the only ones) because if so I think im gonna buy the AMS ones they look nice lol and I also dont know the diffrence between all the different shifter bushings.

Last edited by 19DB794; Dec 13, 2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Intake mani if off what a friggin PITA!
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

teh evo was boosting haaarrddd on the way home from beantown

the greddy gauge was tipping quite close to 25, altho that is probably actually closer to like 20/21
Old Dec 14, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 19DB794
I went with a Defi red racer gauge simply because I wanted a 52mm Defi boost gauge that read in PSI and not bar and luckily my brother decided to buy it for me as an early b day present. I got most of my parts in today. Now im just waiting for my ETS IC piping and some more money so I can order the rest . I dont wanna get my wisdom teeth pulled. I probably have acouple years before they have to be but everyone I know that has had them pulled pretty much said the same thing you said. Oh and are you changing the underhood shifter bushings? (im not sure if those are the only ones) because if so I think im gonna buy the AMS ones they look nice lol and I also dont know the diffrence between all the different shifter bushings.
nice now your on your way to geting some work done and as for the shifter bushings i just went with the ams ones if i put them in soon ill let u know how they are and btw i need my wisdome teeth out too all 5 of them(yes i do have 5)
Old Dec 14, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver9mr
nice now your on your way to geting some work done and as for the shifter bushings i just went with the ams ones if i put them in soon ill let u know how they are and btw i need my wisdome teeth out too all 5 of them(yes i do have 5)
Haha. My brother keeps telling me that he wants to get a faster car than the Evo. So i told him he can try and it probably wont happen. If he does ill have to throw an FP red on it and cams. I need to buy another gauge pod for my AEM Uego because for some reason I thought it came with one but mine doesnt have it and it sucks too because I sent an order in for my Defi boost gauge and I ordered the pod for it, I should've ordered 2 of them. I cant wait to get my exhaust and jdm rear bumper, although im not looking forward to installing the EPM dump housing, Tony you'll have to give me a hand with that lol.

Last edited by 19DB794; Dec 14, 2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver9mr
I think I'm going to go with the AMS bushings from Lancershop, my only concern is they don't SAY they are for an MR/6speed, but the other set they have says 5 I'll have to call and ask rather than blindly order. I'll probably also go with the AMS front and rear motor mounts.

I have my Uego sitting on my coffee table and the wife is going to order the boost gauge soon with two individual pods to mount them in. So I'll be good. The neighbors down stairs are both car guys (and one is my brother in law) so we're going to install the gauges when they come in.

Can someone tell me what the heck this dump valve is? I've heard of them but never looked into figuring out what they are. Care to enlighten me Josh? What's it do, benefits or negatives? Time for another perc, my face is KILLING ME!!!

Oh, and man, I feel for you having to get 5 teeth pulled. Ouch.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
I think I'm going to go with the AMS bushings from Lancershop, my only concern is they don't SAY they are for an MR/6speed, but the other set they have says 5 I'll have to call and ask rather than blindly order. I'll probably also go with the AMS front and rear motor mounts.

I have my Uego sitting on my coffee table and the wife is going to order the boost gauge soon with two individual pods to mount them in. So I'll be good. The neighbors down stairs are both car guys (and one is my brother in law) so we're going to install the gauges when they come in.

Can someone tell me what the heck this dump valve is? I've heard of them but never looked into figuring out what they are. Care to enlighten me Josh? What's it do, benefits or negatives? Time for another perc, my face is KILLING ME!!!

Oh, and man, I feel for you having to get 5 teeth pulled. Ouch.
You can find some info about the dump housing here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...rmods-com.html They also sound amazing once at full boost. Also where did you find the AMS shifter bushings on lancer shop? I was looking for them but I could only find a set for the Evo X's. Hopefully my boost gauge will be here by friday because I wanna install it this weekend, although I havent heard many great things about lancer shop's customer service. I guess ill just have to wait and find out.

Last edited by 19DB794; Dec 14, 2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Intake mani if off what a friggin PITA!
sweetness. any pics, tips, helpful hints for taking if off? i have a 2 week vacation comming up after x-mas and ill be taking mine off then
Old Dec 14, 2008, 04:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

few things i wasn't prepared for:
- there is a wire connected to the supporting bracket, wait until the IM is off to try to remove the bracket

- if you don't remove the EVAP solenoid off the IM in the car make sure you take the knock sensor connector off the evap solenoid bracket with a small philips screw driver

-you will need to remove the alternator bracket since it pretty much holds the IM onto the head. Take the accessory belt off the Alt and remove the bracket, only three bolts

-the dipstick will block you from removing the IM, like the supporting bracket, there is a wire connected to it at the bottom. I did have enough slack to just get the dipstick out and move over enough to get the IM off. I would recommend NOT removing the IM without moving the dipstick over.

-if you disconnect all the sensors you can move the harness and the fuel rail off to the side without removing the injectors. BUT i recommend removing the large oring injector seats and bagging them so they dont get damaged.

-dont take any short cuts, do it right, do it once. take your time, go slow and make sure you bag and label everything appropriately. It took me a good 3 hours to get the IM off with help of a friend.

I will try to post some pics when i get them off the camera.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

damn! you were serious about it being a PITA. well atleast i have a heads up now about some potential issues which i appreciate. thankfully i dont drive the evo in the winter so i can take as much time as i need.. which usually includes getting overly pissed off and walking away cursing mitsu engineers. . i know your taking the egr stuff off, but are you also taking off the evap stuff too? i know you were gonna try the ecuflash fix for it, how did it turn out?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Josh, this is all I found for transmission mounts/bushings. I'm not even sure this is what I am looking for. Talk about a headache. I think I might just go with the buschur bushings/motor mounts, it's like 120.00 for the set...Motor mounts & shifter bushings...., not bad for everything....

Last edited by DocCola; Dec 14, 2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 05:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by EvoooB
damn! you were serious about it being a PITA. well atleast i have a heads up now about some potential issues which i appreciate. thankfully i dont drive the evo in the winter so i can take as much time as i need.. which usually includes getting overly pissed off and walking away cursing mitsu engineers. . i know your taking the egr stuff off, but are you also taking off the evap stuff too? i know you were gonna try the ecuflash fix for it, how did it turn out?
Evap stuff is staying on until i know for sure i can pass inspection with it off. It is a lot easier to uninstall it then reinstall it when inspection fails.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, so you didnt get a chance to try it out on paul's car then? meaning just turning off the checks and see what it says when it gets plugged in?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 05:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by EvoooB
yeah, so you didnt get a chance to try it out on paul's car then? meaning just turning off the checks and see what it says when it gets plugged in?
i didn't meet up with vegas yet. yeah i want to turn them off and make sure the test will pass with evap in NA state

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread